is there anything the devils can do about the refs?

TheStub

You can't put anything on the Blaze for what happened. They looked deflated at the end, even with such a huge win. No team wants to win like that.

It is worth complaining to the league about both the abuse of the fans, but also the officiating. Then follow that up when (not if) you don't get a response. If everyone at last nights game complained, it would send a real message to the league. I doubt that they would react, but we can build some pressure.

drainage

TheStub said:
You can't put anything on the Blaze for what happened. They looked deflated at the end, even with such a huge win. No team wants to win like that.

It is worth complaining to the league about both the abuse of the fans, but also the officiating. Then follow that up when (not if) you don't get a response. If everyone at last nights game complained, it would send a real message to the league. I doubt that they would react, but we can build some pressure.
How do you complain ? Probably wont do anything but if we all put in a complaint we can at least tie them up for a while ..... not blaming Blaze for Hicks simply saying Smith knew what really happened and allowed Finnerty to be ejected. Agree we probably would have if boot on other foot but leaves a nasty taste in the mouth anyway

DevilDom

drainage said:
TheStub said:

How do you complain ? Probably wont do anything but if we all put in a complaint we can at least tie them up for a while ..... not blaming Blaze for Hicks simply saying Smith knew what really happened and allowed Finnerty to be ejected. Agree we probably would have if boot on other foot but leaves a nasty taste in the mouth anyway
Try

andy.french@eliteleague.co.uk

or

andyhockey.french@btopenworld.com

Good Luck!

drainage said:
TheStub said:

I've e-mailed Andy French, complaining about the referee being biased and also about his personal conduct on the ice.

TheStub

I will be sending a complaint when I get to a computer. If I don't get a response I will put something in the post recorded delivery.

The officiating has been a joke for years. Time they man up and sort it. If everyone complains then something may happen. Everyone who has said something on here needs to complain...force of numbers.

It would be nice if some of the travelling Blaze fans did the same. They had the same high opinion as we did last night.

Finny

A post on THF last week (or the week before) suggested that the EIHL are having a referee swap program with the Dutch league at some point in the season.
Hopefully Hicks will be one of the referees to go to the Netherlands and even if we don't get one of the Dutch guys - we should get a decent british referee instead.

TheStub

We need to bring in some talent from over seas. If it makes our refs better, all good.

Maybe we should start a collection to send our guys for real training. We need a decent governing body taking on the quality of the officials. We seem to invest nothing in the refs (more profits for the teams??) and have been losing the best to the EPL for years. Why don't we have one pool for both leagues?

Sent mine also, I thinking we get enough going in they have to respond some how! If we don't hear anything maybe we should hit up the Elite HQ with burning torches and pitch forks?! We should get a response one way or another

It saddens me to say it but as long as this clown is allowed to officiate a majority of our games we are going to struggle to win anything. The league is tough enough to win without a clown like this (who obviously has issues with our team) preventing us from competeing.

His distain for us is blatantly obvious when he actually smirks when he penalizes us.
Imagine a premier league football referee adopting this atitude thier would be mass riots in grounds across Britain.
Something has to be done about this clown it cannot be allowed to continue, it happens far too often to be just a coincidence! :x

the more emals sent the better!!!
Have just spoken to Andy French and told him about the language used by hicks he told me that he has recived at least 15 emails about this and that he spoke to paul ragan this morning and has askes for a copy of the game dvd which he will look at

Hicks hates his home town and Carson loves his.

Surely all the league have to do is make sure that the games these guys referee do not include their home club.

Problem solved.

Once that is sorted, we can work on the team, which is another matter altogether.

TheStub

BBW said:
Hicks hates his home town and Carson loves his.

Surely all the league have to do is make sure that the games these guys referee do not include their home club.

Problem solved.

Once that is sorted, we can work on the team, which is another matter altogether.
As the Cov fans pointed out to me last night, they don't want Hicks calling any of their games regardless of opposition.

DevilDom

gandl said:
the more emals sent the better!!!
Have just spoken to Andy French and told him about the language used by hicks he told me that he has recived at least 15 emails about this and that he spoke to paul ragan this morning and has askes for a copy of the game dvd which he will look at
Well fair play to Mr French for making that call and speaking to you.

Whether anything is done or not at least he has taken the time to do that. Let's hope something is done.

E

eatsleepdream,hockey

the 1st period was awesome and most of the 2nd buhh that call from hicks changed the game copletely :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

What I dont understand is why a supposedly professional league does not have a chief referee or head of officiating whose job it is to travel around assessing the officials' performances across all levels of hockey - that way the worst refs from the top flight can be demoted to lower leagues when they make glaring errors or put in consistently bad performances and promote refs from lower leagues who show promise. There also needs to be more dialogue between the clubs, the league and the officials because if the current situation persists the league will become a laughing stock and force the best players out

ASHIPP

eatsleepdream said:
the 1st period was awesome and most of the 2nd buhh that call from hicks changed the game copletely :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Yes, it was a completely ludicrous call - but it was how the Devils reacted to that call that also changed their game. :?

buzzwagon said:
His distain for us is blatantly obvious when he actually smirks when he penalizes us.
Imagine a premier league football referee adopting this atitude thier would be mass riots in grounds across Britain.
Yes! I've noticed this too and it really boils my blood. Also I've noticed more often than not, at the start of the period and sometimes during stoppages, he always goes over to the away bench and has a nice friendly chat, all smiles with the away coach.