is there anything the devils can do about the refs?

Thread starter #1
After tonight game is there anything they can do about hicks? Can they go to a board and say how bad it was? Or can they as if hicks can not ref in our games anymore?

Unfortunately, as he is Cardiff based it seems cost-effective for the league to keep giving us this muppet. Someone needs to explain to this fool that it's not the Mike Hicks show!

I'd like to see more of Dean Smith. Locally based so would come cheap for the league in terms of expenses and always seems to control the game better than Hicks. Also communicates very well with the players.

Max

hating the fact that we seem to say the same things time and time again about that total useless idiot (trying to keep my calm). the game was great enjoyed every bit of it till the one stupid call. i sat in block 12 and i think everyone around me thought the same thing i want to kill that fool! not fair not right and a disgrace this is what keeps our league getting any better, i want to rip the ch out of my shirt go to the toilet on it and post it to him, the fact that he has something to do with it really p####s me off get rid of him now!!!!

Thread starter #4
Qweeb said:
hating the fact that we seem to say the same things time and time again about that total useless idiot (trying to keep my calm). the game was great enjoyed every bit of it till the one stupid call. i sat in block 12 and i think everyone around me thought the same thing i want to kill that fool! not fair not right and a disgrace this is what keeps our league getting any better, i want to rip the ch out of my shirt go to the toilet on it and post it to him, the fact that he has something to do with it really p####s me off get rid of him now!!!!
I'm sat in block 13 and personally I thought was a gd game, I seriously thinl they should try to get rid of him, can the devils go with evidence to show how rubbish he was, maybe ban him or get rid of him completely the calls were so stupid!

I was standing at the far end of rink by REF room and fans were shouting abuse at him after the second period. Hicks turned round and swore then back at the person who was shouting at him....is there anything that can be done as there were plenty of children around us at the time. Plenty of stewards aswell but they did nothing.

Who do you report things like this too

Thread starter #6
andydevils said:
I was standing at the far end of rink by REF room and fans were shouting abuse at him after the second period. Hicks turned round and swore then back at the person who was shouting at him....is there anything that can be done as there were plenty of children around us at the time. Plenty of stewards aswell but they did nothing.

Well if you find out please let us all know, I don't think its right, with kids. But more importantly he thibks he can get away with it!

Thread starter #8
Qweeb said:
sorry i lied ended up standing in block 13!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ah wrll sorty i cpuld of been one the ones shouting! Way I see it is that could of been someones first game and it was spoilt by the officials! I kay seem like I'm goin ott and I'm sorry for that but feel like they will get away with it when they shouldn't

Thread starter #10
Qweeb said:
it ok i move to the row in front of back as i was getting on this girls nerves jumping up and calling hicks a fool!!1
Lol sounds gd to me, maybe wanna come down front end, we will love that! Just really annoyed me

Ingramator said:
Qweeb said:
sorry i lied ended up standing in block 13!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ah wrll sorty i cpuld of been one the ones shouting! Way I see it is that could of been someones first game and it was spoilt by the officials! I kay seem like I'm goin ott and I'm sorry for that but feel like they will get away with it when they shouldn't
It was, I know 2 new people went tonight, and 1 guy who goes maybe once a month, his reaction at the end of the game was "let me know who's ref next time, so I can miss the ones with this guy"

andydevils said:

report it to Andy French at the league.

BBW said:
andydevils said:

I might have to do this as he swore infront of my son, this man is suppose to be professional and rise above any abuse !

DevilDom

BBW said:
andydevils said:

I've reported bad officiating to him before but not had a reply. I will try again though because we need to stop Hicks reffing our games.

He did reply to me though when I said he may want to try and get some basics (like the league table) correct on the new website!!

drainage

Whilst I agree that Hicks shouldnt give the fans any verbal and certainly should be mindful of the age of people within earshot its his dire reffing that needs reporting.

Do the team have a right to report him to the league ? If they did whats the likelihood anything will happen?

Hes clearly not up to the job but the idiot lino who called the penalty also needs looking into - how on earth can he see half an event and why did it take so long to call it. It seems the Blaze knew it wasnt that bad so shame on them for letting it happen - bad sportsmanship.

They didnt win anything last night - the got the points not the win and if thats the way they want to progress all I can say is I am glad I am not Blaze fan. They cant rely on bad reffing to win the league or can they ???