Inferno Player Sponsorship 2010 - 2011

drainage

Cant PM for some reason can you add me and sister Cardiff Devil ? As last year can get her to post if you need her too .....thanks !!

Chris

Administrator
Bump :)

Out of interest, is there a particular reason for the lack of interest in the idea this season? Wrong player? Too much money? Anything?

Chris.

Wannabe2

I think lots of people think that the club is now supposed to be self sufficient, and that there hard earned money needs to be directed in other directions. Myself i would prefer to donate to this site, as it gives me a lot of pleasure , entertainment etc. My 3 season ticket money is my support for the club that i love, not that i have donated to this site so far this season but i surely intend too. Any sports club can only expect for there fans to donate so much and then it begins to wear very very thin. Hope that explains a few reasons.

TheStub

Re: Re: Inferno Player Sponsorship 2010 - 2011

Wannabe2 said:
I think lots of people think that the club is now supposed to be self sufficient, and that there hard earned money needs to be directed in other directions. Myself i would prefer to donate to this site, as it gives me a lot of pleasure , entertainment etc. My 3 season ticket money is my support for the club that i love, not that i have donated to this site so far this season but i surely intend too. Any sports club can only expect for there fans to donate so much and then it begins to wear very very thin. Hope that explains a few reasons.
The idea of the player sponsership is to have a bit of collective ownership and maybe offer some perks for posting on the forum.

Also helps raise our profile a touch.

There is a link in another thread to just plain donate though ;-)

Hopefully we can get around to using and abusing our player this season though :lol:

osh

Chris, I think there are a few reasons why the response is slower this season, recession, other appeals ( Pakistan recently) and I would guess that a lot of people naturally think that because we have a 'millionaire' at the helm, this sort of thing may not be necessary.

I spoke with a family on Sunday who have started to come to games this season ( young lad had originally come with his school ) and talked Mum & Dad into taking him to games and they appear to be hooked ! Now, they also bring along their 2 daughters and so far are having a great time irrespective of the loss on Sunday. They are choosing what games to attend due to finances, but Sunday alone cost them in excess of £80.00 ( tickets/food/programme/travel cost etc) and they make allowances for this in other ways. Personally, I used to sponsor players for a couple of seasons ( many moons ago and that was it for me). I actually spend a small fortune as it is in attending games ( last year in excess of £3500) and feel thats as far as I want to go, I'm sure others have their reasons too, but good luck in getting 40 involved.

TheStub

All valid reasons for not forking out the cash for a full sponsership. The idea here is to give fans collectively a stake, so that we can do something for the club.

If it were all millionaire owners, then no-one would sponser anything to do with the club.

osh

TheStub said:
All valid reasons for not forking out the cash for a full sponsership. The idea here is to give fans collectively a stake, so that we can do something for the club.

If it were all millionaire owners, then no-one would sponser anything to do with the club.

Stub, I understand what you are saying and it is truly admirable, but I don't think you are correct on your second point. There are lots of millionaire owners of sports clubs throughout the world and they have sponsors queuing up to be involved, especially when a club is a success.

TheStub

Re: Re: Inferno Player Sponsorship 2010 - 2011

osh said:
There are lots of millionaire owners of sports clubs throughout the world and they have sponsors queuing up to be involved, especially when a club is a success.
That is the point I was trying to make.

ASHIPP

9 names have been added since mine just over a week ago - if that rate continues, we hopefully will get the 40 sponsors in the next few weeks.

Other commitments undoubtedly will be testing people's pockets this year. It's easy to see why someone who has already commited to a season ticket or has been one of the lucky £175 jersey sponsors may not want to part with anymore money.

But, for instance, if a group photo with Mark could be organised, perhaps it might encourage a quicker take up on the last few places. The sponsors might feel a bit more involved with the player? :?

wildthing74

Other commitments undoubtedly will be testing people's pockets this year. It's easy to see why someone who has already commited to a season ticket or has been one of the lucky £175 jersey sponsors may not want to part with anymore money

Yeah I agree with you there Ashipp.I need to calm down a bit tbh as on top of my family season ticket I have sponsored 2 shirts for my little girls and agreed to do this on top of whatever else it costs to be a fan these days.
I just think it comes down to people being careful and sensible with their money,something I don't seem to be doing myself. :eek:

DevilDom

wildthing74 said:
Yeah I agree with you there Ashipp.I need to calm down a bit tbh as on top of my family season ticket I have sponsored 2 shirts for my little girls and agreed to do this on top of whatever else it costs to be a fan these days. :eek:
You are still maintainin the shirts are for your girls are you? :lol:

Seriously though, I've sponsored a shirt this year and bought season tickets for the first time. I'm already in the doghouse with the Mrs, especially have picking up 2 shirts at the end season auction as well and she is watching every penny I spend on hockey!

wildthing74

DevilDom said:
wildthing74 said:
Yeah I agree with you there Ashipp.I need to calm down a bit tbh as on top of my family season ticket I have sponsored 2 shirts for my little girls and agreed to do this on top of whatever else it costs to be a fan these days. :eek:
You are still maintainin the shirts are for your girls are you? :lol:

Seriously though, I've sponsored a shirt this year and bought season tickets for the first time. I'm already in the doghouse with the Mrs, especially have picking up 2 shirts at the end season auction as well and she is watching every penny I spend on hockey!
Well thats the official line yeah :lol: