IAW bar prices

Benny B

Thread starter #1
I went to a recce match on Friday evening, RAF v RN, and noticed that the beer prices have gone through the roof. All beer/cider now cost £4.50, a 'slight' rise of a quid a pint!
Is this to pay for the new signings?

Hedd Wyn John

I went to a recce match on Friday evening, RAF v RN, and noticed that the beer prices have gone through the roof. All beer/cider now cost £4.50, a 'slight' rise of a quid a pint!
Is this to pay for the new signings?
Yikes! That’s an increase. I’m usually driving so opt for a Pepsi - £1.80 was the price, I hope that’s not gone up.

Meridian

They did mention last year they were going to bring in the cups like other venues where you pay a £1 for the initial cup then at the end of the drink get your £1 back. Wasn't this by any chance was it?

bdevil

The prices were the same as last year on the night of the Matzka film.. maybe they were increased for non-Devils events?

Benny B

Thread starter #8
New sign behind main bar states all pints are £4.50, no mention of glass deposits as in Nottingham. Staff also mentioned that there have been no increases in the 3 previous years, and this would bring prices in line with other rinks.

Mazzoak

Coincidentally BBC Radio Wales this AM was discussing this very issue and connecting this to the high number of pub closures across Wales and the U.K. It did mention that £4 a pint was at the highest end of the scale. I have to agree that it will negatively effect sales further.

matbur

If these prices are to stay surely that will appease the people who complain about the boozy atmosphere at times throughout the season? It is quite a steep increase though.

Kevlar68

Wow, I found with my bar its better to sell more for less than less for more. Also £4.50 for a beer in a thin plastic cup is a bit to much. Yes i know the licence for the arena only allows plastic.

Ocko

They’ve just brought it into line with the prices of all the other major sporting/concert venues in the city. Expensive, yes. But unfortunately the going rate.

drainage

Wow, I found with my bar its better to sell more for less than less for more. Also £4.50 for a beer in a thin plastic cup is a bit to much. Yes i know the licence for the arena only allows plastic.
Isn’t that like 30% more sure we paid £6.90 for 2 pints last season , no issue with a rate of inflation rise but raising the prices to levels that other rinks charge isn’t a clever move ....... it would certainly make me less likely to buy a drink hope it’s wrong but if it’s not I just started saving

Kevlar68

They’ve just brought it into line with the prices of all the other major sporting/concert venues in the city. Expensive, yes. But unfortunately the going rate.
Yes i can see where your coming from but for Principality Stadium, Cardiff City Stadium, , Motorpoint Arena they are multi purpose venues but the IAW is mainly Cardiff Devils and not on the scale of the 3 i've mentioned. I have run the bars in the Millenium stadium and at the WNIR i think the IAW bar should Just stay as it was with its prices.