IAW bar prices

Wannabe2

So they can’t be thrown as a missile, if the top is off the liquid will obviously pour out, it could also be legal thing at events.

Kal

Could someone explain to this idiot, why the tops are being removed from bottles( water and alcohol) I just don't get it!
Its generally done like that at most venues. It's multipurpose, stops it being easily used as a projectile, uncapped bottles are less likely to send you flying if you stand on them and for the tin foil hat wearers the venue are hoping you spill it and have to buy another drink

Ocko

Could someone explain to this idiot, why the tops are being removed from bottles( water and alcohol) I just don't get it!
Two reasons.

Firstly it’s a health and safety issue when they are dropped on the floor or left under seats. If the lid is on there is potential for the person to fall flying if they stand on it, there is little give it the lid is still on. If the tops are removed they collapse under a person’s weight. Secondly is the less likely reason of bottles being used as missiles. Everyone always thinks this is the reason but it’s usually the first one as a tripping/fall issue.

And the likelihood is the Health and Safety advisor has told the Devils to do this rather than the Devils management choosing to (like most people seem to assume).

Wannabe2

OH, Thanks for that, butI think I could throw a bottle with no top on, as far as one with a top on, still would hurt! What about cans, they would hurt as well!
Don’t shoot me mate, I couldn’t give a hooch about any of this bottle can or whatever, I am there to watch the hockey.

bdevil

Why not just ask for your cap less bottle to be poured into a pint glass? Never seen anyone complaining about a pint of beer not having a lid. Rarely see drinks in pint glasses spilt. Everyone will then be in the same boat..

Hedd Wyn John

The bar prices might be a bit steep but at the end of the day, bars will price as high as punters are willing to pay for drinks. If punters stop buying then revenues drop. Unless that happens I don’t expect the price to come down. It is what it is. IAW really needs to start turning a profit and this sort of thing is a part of that.

zoesdevil

The bar prices might be a bit steep but at the end of the day, bars will price as high as punters are willing to pay for drinks. If punters stop buying then revenues drop. Unless that happens I don’t expect the price to come down. It is what it is. IAW really needs to start turning a profit and this sort of thing is a part of that.
Also, we don't know if the alcohol suppliers have put their prices up!!

DevilDom

Regardless of what other venues do, a £1 per pint increase for what I consider a worse product is very steep to me. However, I guess in the long run it will be good for me because I will drink far less at games!

Regardless of what other venues do, a £1 per pint increase for what I consider a worse product is very steep to me. However, I guess in the long run it will be good for me because I will drink far less at games!
So last year you had foster and Heineken this year you have a choice of 4 lagers and you can’t tell me Heineken is better than Staroprahmen

pjj365

Premium drinks at premium prices is not an unusual scenario

As an ale drinkier I have not drunk at the arena and I see nothing changing

But for premium prices and product I would expect premium service - i.e. a glass not a plastic mug Has this changed?

Premium drinks at premium prices is not an unusual scenario

As an ale drinkier I have not drunk at the arena and I see nothing changing

But for premium prices and product I would expect premium service - i.e. a glass not a plastic mug Has this changed?
Due to the licence only plastic or polycarbonate glasses can be used I’m afraid