IAW bar prices

Kevlar68

Increase doesn't always mean more profit. Increase can always lead to less sales so ends up being less profit.
If Coors is being bought in at a cheaper purchase cost than last supplier then there would be a automatic profit increase even being sold at last season's prices so to add on top of a automatic profit increase 1 pound is the sticky issue i think.

Mazzoak

Totally agree with Milky.

The Devils are a business, pure and simple, granted the owners are fans and as owners go so far have proven to be the best U.K. hockey has ever had. But let’s not be too delusioned. Someone has to pay for the product, plus a bit extra for the profit. This isn’t a social service, this isn’t a benefit, your 30 yrs paying tax does not entitle cheap recreational activities. Harsh reality time, if you’ve been watching and supporting hockey for many many yrs and can no longer afford too, well I’m afraid now there is more demand for your ticket and that will increase as success continues. Someone new will replace you and as a business it’s even better if that person is more likely to buy several beers, burgers and merchandise.
Give it a season or two and it won’t be just the beer that is more expensive. Having a limited capacity rink with a successful team and fan demand for tickets, it’s the perfect combination, might be time to save on those beers.

Wannabe2

Totally agree with Milky.

The Devils are a business, pure and simple, granted the owners are fans and as owners go so far have proven to be the best U.K. hockey has ever had. But let’s not be too delusioned. Someone has to pay for the product, plus a bit extra for the profit. This isn’t a social service, this isn’t a benefit, your 30 yrs paying tax does not entitle cheap recreational activities. Harsh reality time, if you’ve been watching and supporting hockey for many many yrs and can no longer afford too, well I’m afraid now there is more demand for your ticket and that will increase as success continues. Someone new will replace you and as a business it’s even better if that person is more likely to buy several beers, burgers and merchandise.
Give it a season or two and it won’t be just the beer that is more expensive. Having a limited capacity rink with a successful team and fan demand for tickets, it’s the perfect combination, might be time to save on those beers.
Wish I had only been paying tax for 30 yrs, I would be 25 yrs in pocket. Anytime I have done away games I have paid their prices, so why wouldnt I pay ours when the money is going to our club. As for going 3hrs without a beer, as been said this is a social night, as well as a sporting night for me, and is only in line with other sporting venues.

Kevlar68

I don't have a problem with the IAW and the Devils making more revenue, I only ever have 2 pints on match night but that £2 more i'd prefer to be put on my ticket to watch quality ice hockey that the Devils provides than £2 more on 2 pints of a lesser quality beer than what the bar previously served. Again just my opinion

Mazzoak

I don’t see much difference in paying €16 for an El Mezcarlito cocktail and €18 for a burger at Mambo in Ibiza, cool sounds, amazing atmosphere and that sun set. To an £8 grazing burger and a £4.50 pint at a hockey game.....

Kal

Obviously someones used their head and checked out local prices and realised they were way under selling I can't remember the last time i played less than £4 for a pint in the bay i'm also pretty sure i've paid over £5. It also brings it in line with other event venues like the motorpoint and principality. Just count your lucky stars they're not charging you £4.50 for a pint of fosters.

Finny

Increase doesn't always mean more profit. Increase can always lead to less sales so ends up being less profit.
If Coors is being bought in at a cheaper purchase cost than last supplier then there would be a automatic profit increase even being sold at last season's prices so to add on top of a automatic profit increase 1 pound is the sticky issue i think.
What bar do you run?
Id like to visit it and put forward an idea to increase your sales....

pjj365

Finny - which ever bar or retail outlet is concerned I am sure you will agree that there is always a tension between margin over volume

Hence,I guess, Kevlar68's comment that "Increase doesn't always mean more profit" The key word is surely "always"

You do what suits your market. Just visit the Bay's various bars to see different prices for the same drinks and probably the most expensive Spoons in the UK. Yet the customers fill the bars at weekends chasing atmosphere or whatever. They do not seem to go for the lowest price (otherwise I would never get into my local!)

I have no doubt that if prices at IAW drive down sales and impact margin we will soon see 241 offers and other gigimmicks

Surely you price to the market and, yes, everyone's ideas are probably valid but only if you know the market. If you are the only show in town for that market then you have no reason to compete - the only driver will be what you can get away with and the only thing that will force price drops is reduced profit

Guess it's watch this space at IAW

jenks33

I don't have a problem with the IAW and the Devils making more revenue, I only ever have 2 pints on match night but that £2 more i'd prefer to be put on my ticket to watch quality ice hockey that the Devils provides than £2 more on 2 pints of a lesser quality beer than what the bar previously served. Again just my opinion
Exactly. It’s the increase in price that’s the issue. If prices were going up by 20/30p I think people could live with that. It’s a sign of the times. To go up by 90p/£1 and £5 for a staropramen, that’s just crazy. I regularly go and watch other sports (Cardiff City, Cardiff Blues, Glamorgan cricket, Warrington Rugby League) and prices for food and drink go up every season. Never by £1 in an offseason though. Understandably it’s left a sour taste in many peoples mouths

Gazza272

Exactly. It’s the increase in price that’s the issue. If prices were going up by 20/30p I think people could live with that. It’s a sign of the times. To go up by 90p/£1 and £5 for a staropramen, that’s just crazy. I regularly go and watch other sports (Cardiff City, Cardiff Blues, Glamorgan cricket, Warrington Rugby League) and prices for food and drink go up every season. Never by £1 in an offseason though. Understandably it’s left a sour taste in many peoples mouths

But isn't that because IAW was so far behind other sporting venues?

jenks33

But isn't that because IAW was so far behind other sporting venues?
Maybe so. But I think it’s a bit arrogant to just raise prices by £1 rather than doing it gradually. I think a pint of lager in a Glamorgan cricket match went up from £4 to £4.20 this season. £3.60 to £4.50 is drastic

Earnie

I am astonished we are on page seven about bar prices and not even one page on our new signing!!
If you don't like the price - don't buy any.

Kevlar68

Forums are for discussion and people can read or not read, reply or not reply if they wish. Quite simple really. Don't like the topic, don't read it or reply to it, start a topic you do like.

As for not discussing Parisi replies for Thomas have been in "Devils confirmed signings", you can't discuss a player you haven't seen play yet. You can say "Great signing" , "Looks like a good addition" yes but what more can you discuss as we haven't seen him on the ice.