I apologise!!

Electro

Ah my good friend Electro. Please consider Saturday a personal Christmas present from the Devils to you. It finally gave you a chance to feel vindicated for all of the impossibly negative banter that you feel obliged to enlighten us with on every thread! I just hope you don't have a birthday coming up so that we don't have to do that again!!!

In the meantime, yes I will gladly take a shootout win over our fiercest rivals, I will gladly take our in excess of 80% winning percentage, I will gladly take our inexperienced and one dimensional coach and our cast of slovenly misfits and see if any of these other miserable outfits can play at the 87% winning percentage that it will take to catch us and our miserable extra games that we've played. I am actually quite envious that the rest of your life must be of such incredible quality that this product just doesn't seem to measure up!

Now at least give us a smile!
I am a Taurean.

Steve, oh Steve you need to get to grips with your team. The way you and your team are treating fans is dreadful and I'm not standing up for it.

There are photos on Twitter of fans with their backs to the game, heads in their hands, the stress that your team are giving people. This week people are literally tearing their nails from there fingers, grey hairs are appearing far earlier than there age demands. Boots are having to stock larger quantities of dye just keep up with demand. At least they will be happy, but I'm not.

It's dreadful, you should be ashamed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JC23

I am a Taurean.

Steve, oh Steve you need to get to grips with your team. The way you and your team are treating fans is dreadful and I'm not standing up for it.

There are photos on Twitter of fans with their backs to the game, heads in their hands, the stress that your team are giving people. This week people are literally tearing their nails from there fingers, grey hairs are appearing far earlier than there age demands. Boots are having to stock larger quantities of dye just keep up with demand. At least they will be happy, but I'm not.

I'm really hoping this was satire...

Wannabe2

I am a Taurean.

Electro, Electro, Electro god help us mate, if you have problems with our present owners you have problems big time, and very close to being a no hoper. God help you if you had been around with our past amazing owners, you ain't happy with what we have now, you would have been committing Hari Kari with the crap we had to put up with for many years. Sometimes people don't appreciate what they have until they lose it, surely even you must see that we are in the healthiest condition we have been in for donkeys years. Please explain how the team and the owners are treating the fans dreadfully, we all know last Saturday was unexceptable, and our owners addressed that. Saturday was in the hands of the on ice personnel, not people over the other side of the ocean, who were without a doubt pulling their own hair out. We all know we have got out of jail on a few occasions in the last few games, and last Saturday was horrific, but Sunday also showed us what we are capable of when we play as we can. We all need to try to put the horror show behind us now, we are top of the league for a reason, if the lads come out Saturday and Sunday like the opening period on Sunday and continue it, we can do this. If I had a wish it would be that every game,we come out with the same attitude we had against Steelers Sunday, when we play the crash, bang, sod them hockey, we are a pure delight to watch, is that really too much to ask.

voth26

I am a Taurean.

So am I a Taurean what's that got to do with anything!!. If your trying to indicate your attitude to things reflects your birth sign then that's the biggest pile of horse crap ever!!. Could it be your just a glass 100% empty irrespective of the situation type of person ?

voth26

Disgraceful. This is a forum and we're all entitled to our opinions. You can agree and disagree with whatever hockey opinions you like but Electro has as much right to post as anyone else. No need for personal remarks such as 'self righteous' at all
Why is my post disgraceful I haven't attacked Electro personally. Also if you read my post properly you will see I said he comes across as self righteous in his posts!!

Russky

So am I a Taurean what's that got to do with anything!!. If your trying to indicate your attitude to things reflects your birth sign then that's the biggest pile of horse crap ever!!. Could it be your just a glass 100% empty irrespective of the situation type of person ?
I think he was telling us his birthday is after the season has finished so not to worry! The Devils wont have to play so bad for the rest of the season just to satisfy and justify his negativity.

Also just to say that it was actually my birthday last Saturday and my wife paid for my ticket to go to the game. I wish I hadn't bothered as the result spoilt it. All is not bad though as the DEVILS once again showed their 'bouncebackablilty' by beating the Steelers. Ok it was after a shoot out and 24 hours too late for me but I am not whinging about Saturday as Sunday's result more than made up for it!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Electro

My birthday is a couple of weeks after the playoffs. Response to the timing of my Christmas present and Birthday, perfect timing actually.

Yes my post was Satire. I'm sure as a businessman Steve has enough thick skin to get over any criticism l have of the team, the team, not owners, directors or back office staff.

Wannabe, I've been a loyal support and season ticket holder for 25 plus years, my 1st season ticket was 91 if my memory serves me right, I've been present the whole time. My comments to Steve are pure mocking.

As for Sunday, that is the kind of hockey that I've been calling for, the previous Sheffield game that saw Bordy visually unhappy should have been the team we saw last Sunday, Someone needs confidence in there player/s. In my opinion and l could be well be wrong but the way lm reading the reactions of Todd and Lord are that one wants one way of dealing with games and Todd wants the other way, Todds way being last Sunday.

I'm a fan of hard physical respectful hockey, no fights, no retaliation, but fair hard hitting, Bordy has the ability to do this, Sunday proved this, that is how the games, all of them should be played.

I'm not a zodiac pot smoking hippie.

Russky, Happy Birthday, may l suggest next year you book a restaurant and stay the hell away from the IAW. Keep doing the MNL.

Last edited:

DevilDom

Got to wonder whether Electro is actually an opposition fan or perhaps disgruntled ex-employee / owner who's sole aim is to drag this forum down to his own bitter and constantly, unwarranted, negative level.

voth26

I think he was telling us his birthday is after the season has finished so not to worry! The Devils wont have to play so bad for the rest of the season just to satisfy and justify his negativity.

Also just to say that it was actually my birthday last Saturday and my wife paid for my ticket to go to the game. I wish I hadn't bothered as the result spoilt it. All is not bad though as the DEVILS once again showed their 'bouncebackablilty' by beating the Steelers. Ok it was after a shoot out and 24 hours too late for me but I am not whinging about Saturday as Sunday's result more than made up for it!!!!!!!
Well I misread that and I'm big enough and certainly ugly enough to say so. So for that part about his birthsign I take back what I said to Electro and offer my part apology

Russky

I think that the Devils still would have lost last Saturday even if I hadn't been there as they just weren't good enough on the night so I don't consider myself to be a jinx, even If, in jest I may have suggested as much in the past.

Last edited:
I think that the Devils would have lost last Saturday whether I had or hadn't been there as they just weren't good enough on the night so I don't consider myself to be a jinx, even If, in jest I may have suggested as much in the past.
Nah mate...most certainly your fault. I think you were working staircase 1 in the BBT when we got hammered 11-2 (I think) by the Giants a couple of years back! :D

Russky

Russky, Happy Birthday, may l suggest next year you book a restaurant and stay the hell away from the IAW. Keep doing the MNL.
sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks for the belated birthday wishes I think that the Devils still would have lost last Saturday even if I hadn't been there as they just weren't good enough on the night so I don't consider myself to be a jinx, even If, in jest I may have suggested as much in the past. I don't get to go to games that often these days but will continue to do so as and when I can, I just hope we are playing a team that we should comfortably beat even if we are having a bad night.

Last edited:

Russky

Nah mate...most certainly your fault. I think you were working staircase 1 in the BBT when we got hammered 11-2 (I think) by the Giants a couple of years back! :D
I think not as I don't remember that game or scoreline. I WAS stewarding however when we beat Hull 12-0 in the televised game a few seasons back. Not a question of selective memory, more a statement of FACT. I also get the feeling this thread is meandering off its original point.

I think not as I don't remember that game or scoreline. I WAS stewarding however when we beat Hull 12-0 in the televised game a few seasons back. Not a question of selective memory, more a statement of FACT. I also get the feeling this thread is meandering off its original point.
Not having a pop Russky! Tongue firmly planted in cheek :) Just I was stewarding that night and could have sworn you were there. I remember at the start of the third I was on the away bench and told Keefe not to bother ice the last period. He said he was seriously thinking about it!

Russky

Not having a pop Russky! Tongue firmly planted in cheek :) Just I was stewarding that night and could have sworn you were there. I remember at the start of the third I was on the away bench and told Keefe not to bother ice the last period. He said he was seriously thinking about it!
Your memory is better than mine as I cant remember that game. I take your word for it tho'.

Electro

I think that the Devils still would have lost last Saturday even if I hadn't been there as they just weren't good enough on the night so I don't consider myself to be a jinx, even If, in jest I may have suggested as much in the past.
We will find out either this weekend or next year.

Electro

Got to wonder whether Electro is actually an opposition fan or perhaps disgruntled ex-employee / owner who's sole aim is to drag this forum down to his own bitter and constantly, unwarranted, negative level.
Im afraid I'm pure Cardiffian, my old man did 30 yrs in GKN, my night clubing days were spent in Coco Savannas and Jacksons. Should be enough Cardiff references to set your mind at rest, l guess at least you didn't call me a squealer.

Never worked in an ice rink, certainly never owned a hockey team, if l had it wouldn't have had the history it has, the trophy cabinet would have been huge and those players wouldn't have had a chance with Dani Behr had l been the boss.

You actually believe my comments are enough to drag this forum down, I've not once named a player negatively, I've stated my support for Todd, the Calgary cowboys (sorry couldn't resist) and Lord, it's not my fault some are unable to work out my stand point.

<Deleted>

I have nothing but interest in Cardiff Devils being a much bigger sporting attraction in Cardiff and the country, it's a sport that had huge potential, I'd like nothing more than more bloody foreigners coming to the UK and taking over, if UK hockey is to thrive, It sure as shit isn't going anywhere with the current morons running it, it needs professional people who, this is a huge secret, actually like the sport.

Last edited by a moderator: