Hull's new signing Ryan James Hand

Rempel16

Another guy willing to 'entertain'.

Glad the tough guy roles are returning a little bit. Things had gotten a little stale last season when there were no/very few pantomime characters coming to the tent.

Can't see this guy being any worse a player than Cornish and will certainly be better than McMorrow.

Martynwo

It's becoming like a game of poker, each team is announcing their "tough guy" then the next one seems to be better, so best to announce the toughest until last, hopefully that's what G is doing.

This 11th import looks key and likely to become the enforcer.

Looks like an exciting season

wildthing74

I think to some extent this kind of signing makes sense for a club like Hull. They will struggle to bring in good crowds against teams in their conference and if this guy can bring entertainment for them,why not?
The Hull fans are a passionate bunch and have lost Campbell as well so this guy could be to put bums on seats there.Personally I'd hate us doing it but I can see the logic in them going that route.

I can see the point in Hull signing him, but I don't think he'll last the season.
He'll come out, fight anyone that looks at Tendler or Silver, then be suspended. Repeat until released.

It's alright having a fighter a go to guy in your team, but give me a Brad Voth, Colt King or even Adam Keefe type player than can also contribute to the team apart from just fight.

Skippy

clanfandoug said:
It's alright having a fighter a go to guy in your team, but give me a Brad Voth, Colt King or even Adam Keefe type player than can also contribute to the team apart from just fight.
Spot on ! Hand isn't looking like that player looking at his stats..

He's scored less career goals that the Stingrays conceeded at the playoffs last year.. that can't be a good thing ? :D

Koop11

clanfandoug said:
Totally agree but that type of player is very expensive and Hull, with the financial difficulties they have experienced this year, probably can’t afford a tough guy who can play also.

Two types of teams fill arena's. Teams that win and tough unpredictable teams. Unfortunately for Hull, their budget won't support a good quality team. I quite like characters like this back in the league though, it'll definitely make it more interesting. A few more fights/talking points will be a good improvement on what was quite a lukewarm league last year.