Hotham ban

jimmy snels

Hard to argue much like marsh's. One thing i will say though is that driving the net minder like that and effectively getting away with it leaves a bitter taste. Perhaps we should run the braehead net minder next game against them and see how they like it?!

BostonBart22

with hotham and maybe marsh missing i would think what are the options on D would we be allowed to ice mark smith and or have cully on D as well as he done a grand job when he played on D for us last season..

Mooney#16

Have to say as I'm a hockey dinosaur that I find this one complete BS. Fair enough Hotham gave him a shot but was the guy injured or even in danger. Was he balls. Was Bownsy in danger with a guy flying over the back of his head pulling him head first into the ice. Very much so. I'm sorry but when I was learning the game running the goalie was such a no no you knew you would get it and you knew not to complain about it either. DOPS have opened house on the goalies just try to disguise it well enough,

Hockey used to be a game that some things like recklessly running the goalie as Leavitt did were policed by the guys on the ice.
DOPS have just told the players in elite league run the goalie and you get a 2 minute penalty, any reasonable retribution we'll suspend them.
Expect to see an increase in running goalies from here on in.
As an aside its a shame to see an old school hockey player like Finner not accepting what should surely be seen as reasonable retribution for an act that all players deem to be totally unacceptable.

Finny

Ridiculous call.

0-0 in the 3rd period, the Braehead player knew exactly what he was doing hitting Ben to the head.

I'd like to see Piggsy do the same the next time Braehead are down here.

jimmy snels

Finny said:
Ridiculous call.

0-0 in the 3rd period, the Braehead player knew exactly what he was doing hitting Ben to the head.

Absolutely agree finny. Put pigsy on a line with salters batch hendrikx and hotham and get pigs to run him like a train. Twice.

Hard to argue with the call for the cross check but the cheek to ask for a review after running a net minder OMG

osh

jimmy snels said:
Finny said:
Ridiculous call.

Absolutely agree finny. Put pigsy on a line with salters batch hendrikx and hotham and get pigs to run him like a train. Twice.

Hard to argue with the call for the cross check but the cheek to ask for a review after running a net minder OMG
Well, as someone near me the other week said 'Piggsy couldn't hit a horses arse with a banjo ' ( as far as scoring a goal that is ) it would save us losing an import ! I wouldn't like to see us act that way tbh. Getting back to Piggsy and CJ, it's very disappointing to see their points contribution and it's an area we sadly lack with points scoring Brits.

mazza03

osh said:
jimmy snels said:
Finny said:
Ridiculous call.

Well, as someone near me the other week said 'Piggsy couldn't hit a horses arse with a banjo ' ( as far as scoring a goal that is ) it would save us losing an import ! I wouldn't like to see us act that way tbh. Getting back to Piggsy and CJ, it's very disappointing to see their points contribution and it's an area we sadly lack with points scoring Brits.
It's hard to score when you're not on the ice much :DWD

osh

Well, as someone near me the other week said 'Piggsy couldn't hit a horses arse with a banjo ' ( as far as scoring a goal that is ) it would save us losing an import ! I wouldn't like to see us act that way tbh. Getting back to Piggsy and CJ, it's very disappointing to see their points contribution and it's an area we sadly lack with points scoring Brits.[/quote]
It's hard to score when you're not on the ice much :DWD[/quote]

Very true :DWD However, when they are on the ice , they don't score. I'm simply saying that it's an area we lack in as far as Brits scoring is concerned. I love their work rate when they are on the ice and truly want them to do well and score when they get the opportunity, it just doesn't happen unfortunately.

osh

Devil_Abroad said:
CJ is used for PK on a regular basis - that's a positive statement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I know he is used on the powerplay on a regular basis, and I've already stated I love their work rate, they just can't get on the score sheet and I wish they could.

ASHIPP

The lack of a good point scoring British forward is a chink in our armour...and particularly so if , Godforbid, we get many injuries.

Myers was a marmite character who did himself no favours with bans and injuries last year......but he is an excellent player whose talent is benefitting the Panthers now.

CJ and Pigsy fulfill a different role for the Devils. They bring energy and workrate, give the other guys a rest and are responsible for keeping puck possession or carrying the puck to our other forwards.

Have Hope#35

ASHIPP said:
The lack of a good point scoring British forward is a chink in our armour...and particularly so if , Godforbid, we get many injuries.

Myers was a marmite character who did himself no favours with bans and injuries last year......but he is an excellent player whose talent is benefitting the Panthers now.

CJ and Pigsy fulfill a different role for the Devils. They bring energy and workrate, give the other guys a rest and are responsible for keeping puck possession or carrying the puck to our other forwards.
Funny thing with Myers is he wasn't happy to stay here to be the 10th Forward in our Team... But am I not right in thinking that he has played a lot on the fourth line with the Panthers when they have a fully fit roster!? FWIW I do think that we miss him, he's good on face-offs and his net presence stood out for us last season.
CJ and Piggy have both pinged the metal recently and CJ even had a saved Penalty Shot... A goal would give them more confidence to pinch a few extra points!

Wannabe2

We certainly miss a modern day Nicky Chinn, last season British goal scorers
Peacock 23 goals 18 ass = 41 pts
Dowd. 19 goals 16 ass=35 pts
Myers 14 goals 14 ass = 28 pts
Shields 13 goals 26 ass = 39 pts
Farmer 12 goals 24 ass = 36 pts
These are very often the difference between winning and losing a game, take these points away from a team and your Imports need to be the Mutts Nutts.

voth26

Wannabe2 said:
These are very often the difference between winning and losing a game, take these points away from a team and your Imports need to be the Mutts Nutts.
Heres your top five Brits right there, love or hate them

Sheincar

Wannabe2 said:
No idea where you got those figures from. These are Myers stats http://www.eliteleague.co.uk/person/?pl ... le=0&tab=0 , points production steadily reducing year on year.

Are we taking into account the fact we have a Brit goalie also. This allows for an extra import skater. Alongside that we also have two very good Brit D men. Swings and roundabouts in this case for me.