Herrman released

Devils86

Rumours that Jake has started training again. So there's that.

But fair play the Devils say they were open with JH about his ice time going forward and have found him another team. Hope he goes on to have a good career

kristian

But that's only half the story. Devils found him a team to play for. So we haven't just put him on scrap heap.
Maybe keep.an him for the future.

moggy#9

I'm not really surprised. It was noticeable that he hardly got onto the ice. I'm guessing that we have someone lined up to come in - hopefully to help the defence out.

MA18

Rumours that Jake has started training again. So there's that.

But fair play the Devils say they were open with JH about his ice time going forward and have found him another team. Hope he goes on to have a good career
There was a photo on the devils Instagram of Jake on the ice yesterday at training. Can only be a good sign.

Wannabe2

Hermann always looked talented to me,but he was never given the chance to show it. Although it’s a D man we need, and it wouldn’t surprise me to see one come in. I don’t really want to believe this but I have a lousy feeling that we may not see Coughler on the ice again, and also Jardine. With 23 league games left and the play offs to come there’s still plenty of hockey to play, although as we all know he would have to be game changer, like a Strachan mk2. We most certainly never replaced Register or Mikkelson and Carruth in my view, but us armchair coaches know everything.

moggy#9

I wonder to what degree new players, and indeed their agents, underestimate what the eihl is like. For young players particularly, they need to be able to hit the ground running. That's potentially a lot of pressure for young players.

There's a lot of movement around the league, so clearly players are becoming available. Hopefully we'll get news off incoming very soon.

On the subject of coughler and jardine's injuries, does anyone know if there have been many other cases of concussion around the league this year? The reason I ask is that dops seems to have been a lot quieter and I've not noticed a lot of comment on bad hits. Is it just that our players have been unlucky?

TL91

There was a photo on the devils Instagram of Jake on the ice yesterday at training. Can only be a good sign.
Yeh I noticed he was in a blue jersey and in all other posts I’ve seen I’ve never noticed anyone else in a blue jersey. I’m guessing it means like ‘no contact’ or something like that. Either way, great if he’s back on the ice!

ASHIPP

Releasing a player doesn't always mean a new one is coming in. Although it's obvious that an experienced, calm defence man is needed to organise and galvanise our defence. Whilst our only realistic chance of silverware at the moment has gone, perhaps the Club has decided to continue with the current roster instead of further investment for the remaining half of the season. Maybe Bayley Harewood will be called up for more games along with Reece Kelly? We are out of Challenge Cup, Continental Cup has gone, we have a big battle on out hands for the League title. What would you do as an owner/GM?

If Jake is training again then that's really great. Think everyone would be thrilled to see him fully recovered and back as part of the team....but 'non contact' training is miles away from being fit and safe enough to play a tough hockey game.

moggy#9

Releasing a player doesn't always mean a new ONE is coming in. Although its obvious an experienced, calm defence man is needed. Whilst our only realistic chance of silverware at the moment has gone, perhaps the Club has decided to continue wit what we have now instead of further investment for the remaining half of the season. we are out of Challenge Cup, Continental Cup has gone, we have a big battle on out hands for the League. What would you do as an owner/GM?

If Jake is training again then that's great. Think everyone would be thrilled to see him fully recovered and back as part of the team....but 'non contact' training is miles away from being fit and safe enough to play a tough hockey game.
Fair comments. I wonder to what degree the play offs will again be looked at as something positive to pin on a disappointing season. Of course a decent run to the end of the season would probably help season ticket sales.

lloyd_jeff

Don’t get it, any of it, even if Jake is passed fit there is no guarantee the injury wouldn’t come back on his return. Why sign Herrman in the first place, no previous pro experience, not the position we needed. Crazy decisions.

moggy#9

Don’t get it, any of it, even if Jake is passed fit there is no guarantee the injury wouldn’t come back on his return. Why sign Herrman in the first place, no previous pro experience, not the position we needed. Crazy decisions.
Like anyone, I'm sure that there decisions that are made are ones that appear right at the time. Things don't always work out though.

Mooney#16

What hasn’t worked out with it exactly? Signed for the fourth line so others could move up. Fournier clearly also became available so unfortunately he’s taken Rory’s spot. That’s pro hockey at its finest surely.

The_Stick_

“We should’ve been looking at players like him years ago” These are your words when Hermann was announced. If you’re going to play a part, at least be consistent

lloyd_jeff

“We should’ve been looking at players like him years ago” These are your words when Hermann was announced. If you’re going to play a part, at least be consistent
I am consistent, stop grasping at straws. He should’ve remained for the season at least. The crazy decision was signing him, knowing his CV and binning him after a few weeks. If your going to roll the dice on a guy who’s literally never played pro, give him time, these aren't natural skills grown in hours. I fully support young unproven talent, to grow, the club is panic buying.

kingmo19.1

I am consistent, stop grasping at straws. He should’ve remained for the season at least. The crazy decision was signing him, knowing his CV and binning him after a few weeks. If your going to roll the dice on a guy who’s literally never played pro, give him time, these aren't natural skills grown in hours. I fully support young unproven talent, to grow, the club is panic buying.
You seem to think there is an endless money tree growing in the Gantry !!!!!

He was signed on a short term arrangement t and basically Injury cover to step in where he could to lighten the load!

Sound financial decision to move him on if Coughler is nearing a comeback. The club isn’t a charity!