Harding gets a full contract

Finny said:
What relation are you to Sam?
Haha none ! If you had read my posts, then you would realise that I am not 100% pro Sam Smith, I agree that he had an awful season last year (without being too harsh) but I think that half of it was to do with confidence as mentioned by quite a few people. Players like Sam Smith are guys we need to keep, local lads. I am just of the opinion he is one of the better ones (as shown in his first season anyway!) but keep getting shot down. All is done now, maybe one day he will return and a better player !

Wannabe2

Anyway seeing this thread is about young Adam Harding, well done young man made a great impression last season, onwards and upwards me thinks, have a great summer and see you next season.

Skippy

devilsfan66 said:
Haha none ! If you had read my posts, then you would realise that I am not 100% pro Sam Smith, I agree that he had an awful season last year (without being too harsh) but I think that half of it was to do with confidence as mentioned by quite a few people. Players like Sam Smith are guys we need to keep, local lads. I am just of the opinion he is one of the better ones (as shown in his first season anyway!) but keep getting shot down. All is done now, maybe one day he will return and a better player !
Going away and coming back didnt do Phil Hill's game any harm, aside from being a Steeler for a year :D

i say watch this space...

Harding prooved in the Final weekend he has the raw energy to play at this level.

he was hitting everything in the nottingham game, and even took a pop at lepine,
for a guy that is only now going into his breakthrough season thats pretty impressive,
i think by putting him on a talented line, (max or stuuuu) he can become the apprentice and learn from everyone.

i am well happy with this, i have always rated him, piggot and burrows.

ASHIPP

Absolutely delighted for Adam - he's worked so hard to earn that full time contract and thoroughly deserves it. :cool:
When the Devils were beset with more injuries in the last few months of the season Adam (and Luke) grasped the opportunity and stepped up.

Adam, like Ben, is an energetic, fearless and hungry forward - he chases everything and is always in the mix on his shifts. Working alongside Scott Matzka he undoubtedly learnt a tremendous ammount.

Good Luck, Adam - hope you have a great season.

p.s. We wait for an announcement that Luke has also re-signed a contract (appropriate with his important research, of course) :D

voth26

devilsfan66 said:
I would put my house on Sam Smith scoring considerably more than Adam Harding and Luke Piggot this time next year. Whilst they are good squad players, they lack the quality and ability that Sam has. He plays like an import when he's at his game, which unfortunately for us we will be seeing when a coach with good man management skills and a professional backroom team take over his development.
Devilsfan66 no disrespect but lets put things in perspective here, Harding worked bloody hard last season and has earned his contract this year, piggot is getting there as well. Sam has the potential to be a good brit but for me his performance last season smelt of I've had a good first season now i'm made. and for whatever reason he wasnt the same player as when he first arrived, and to clear things up i'm not ANTI sam.Sam with the best will in the world is no where near import quality even when he was at the top of his game!!!. Im not sure if you are related or a friend of sam's but he has a lot of growing up to do, he should also realise he is in a position hundreds of other kids would love to be in and the HARD work that comes with it.