Harding gets a full contract

Koop11

Pleased with this signing. Harding showed a lot of potential last season with some very solid performances. If he can develop his game and build on the good work he has already shown then he could be one for the future.

Finny

Glad to see Harding get the full time contract he deserved. I was surprised he was put on a line with Matzka, but even more delighted to see how well he performed. He even started adopting Matzka's facial hair and stance to try and be more like him!

Let's hope Adam can have a break through year this coming season.

Finny said:
Glad to see Harding get the full time contract he deserved. I was surprised he was put on a line with Matzka, but even more delighted to see how well he performed. He even started adopting Matzka's facial hair and stance to try and be more like him!

Let's hope Adam can have a break through year this coming season.
The nickname of Mini-Matzka will now stay with him.

Wannabe2

Adam thoroughly deserves this chance and i believe he will grasp it with both hands, he is a good young lad and will get better and better, committment is huge in hockey as with most team sports, and this young man has it in bucketloads. Good on you Adam have a great summer.

drainage

I am far happier with this signing than sorrow at Sam's move - wish Sam well but Harding impressed last season , stepped up and grabbed his chance!

He deserves a shot and glad to see the youngsters continue to florish!!

Have a breakout season Adam !!

Mooney#16

Slow down. If Sam taught anything it's to manage expectation. Again he impressed with two imports next to him. I mean Matzka made Pelle look good so don't expect to much from the kid. Just let him take his spot on the third and develop his game without any pressure.

Gazza272

Mooney#16 said:
Slow down. If Sam taught anything it's to manage expectation. Again he impressed with two imports next to him. I mean Matzka made Pelle look good so don't expect to much from the kid. Just let him take his spot on the third and develop his game without any pressure.

I said 'potential' :lol:

I would put my house on Sam Smith scoring considerably more than Adam Harding and Luke Piggot this time next year. Whilst they are good squad players, they lack the quality and ability that Sam has. He plays like an import when he's at his game, which unfortunately for us we will be seeing when a coach with good man management skills and a professional backroom team take over his development.

Skippy

devilsfan66 said:
He plays like an import when he's at his game
Isnt that the issue ?

I also don't think Thommo is all that as a coach if I'm honest, the last two seaons have been poor at best from him.

DevilDom

devilsfan66 said:
I would put my house on Sam Smith scoring considerably more than Adam Harding and Luke Piggot this time next year. Whilst they are good squad players, they lack the quality and ability that Sam has. He plays like an import when he's at his game, which unfortunately for us we will be seeing when a coach with good man management skills and a professional backroom team take over his development.
Is there any thread you won't drag this up on? :roll:

Congratulations and good luck to Adam. Hopefully his development will continue into his 2nd year.

Skippy

devilsfan66 said:
Please stop Hijacking threads there's a Sam Smith thread for this

Skippy

Finny said:
Unless we lose Hill, then surely McKenzie is Sam Smith's replacement?
I guess that really depends on where Phil goes ?

I'm more than a bit worried the Giants will look at Hill as a Dowd "replacement" and over "big" (in ".." so Belfast fans don't appear and shout) money.

jimmy snels

well happy think he deserved it.

the article..... when i read that first thing this morning im SURE it contained tim burrows as already signed and training with the other guys!! edited quickly perhaps?!

i also liked the bit where G says about the hit harding took. he showed great courage. unlike his line mates on the ice who bottled it by not defending him!! :lol:

This is a great signing, having watched Adam playing ENL the season before last and then with the elite team, he has always impressed with his 'go get' attitude. This kid is hungry for his position. Well impressed.

skippy said:
devilsfan66 said:
Please stop Hijacking threads there's a Sam Smith thread for this

It's my opinion on hardings signing, others mentioned this went some way to replacing Sam. I don't think it will - what is the problem ? It is a forum.