Giants Vs Devils - Pre-season - 25th Aug 23 - 19:00 FO

Diablo3

Anybody got any clues as to lines?
There were several combinations, 4th line was a mixture of Brandt, Davies, Pietroniro, Duggan and Harewood. Waller moved up and down the lines, I did see Crandall, Ullly and Arniel at one point. Sanford and Martin stayed together most of the night as did Busch and Barrow. Bowns had a good game, I expect Booth will be in the net tomorrow .

Sounds like a positive start. For someone who didn't watch who stood out? How did the newbies look? Great to see Bailey get a goal really think he could be a top British player!

Gavevs88

Well played lads, we looked well organised , and my god what a difference a proper coach makes, big applause for Russell. Hope Ritchie is okay he missed the last 2 periods, Harewood looked very good Chad and Riley were truly up for it tonight. This team looks pretty damn good, we were the better team tonight by a 60/40 split, hope Cox is okay as he is a diamond. Another win tomorrow please lads, that would be tidy.
Cox had an exam for his masters. Nothing wrong with him luckily.

Wannabe2

Cox had an exam for his masters. Nothing wrong with him luckily.
Thanks mate that’s good news, as for who stood out, Bownsy played very well, Chad and Riley were like the dynamite duo, Harewood didn’t look out of place and played very well. In fairness I was impressed with every player that played last night, and we can only get better, feeling very positive about this team, and Chuck into the mix a very, very good coach and things look pretty rosy. Can’t wait for tonight, it feels pretty neat to say HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS

E.D.S.

How did we measure up?
Lots of promising signs. 4 days together and to get a win. I’d be delighted with that if it was a home win against Fife (no offence) but to do it away in Belfast is very impressive.
Crandall looked like he had a point to prove.
Be interesting to see how well the team gels with more hours under their belts.
Waller didn’t look out of place on the 1st line and hats off to Brandt and Chad (the reason I bought a season ticket this year)
Plenty of give aways behind our net but that felt like a misunderstanding between new defensive pairings so hopefully that will go.

Tedesco could be the signing of the summer.

august04 2.0

Bowns looked very solid, and generally a good start for the team. It might only be pre-season but a win's a win in Belfast. A couple of scraps thrown in too, good to see Pietroniro jump in after the hit (which I thought was a good hit, but still worth sending a message after!). The only negative for me was identifying the players. I found it very difficult to see the numbers on the shirts, that font is just hard to see clearly.

moggy#9

Bowns looked very solid, and generally a good start for the team. It might only be pre-season but a win's a win in Belfast. A couple of scraps thrown in too, good to see Pietroniro jump in after the hit (which I thought was a good hit, but still worth sending a message after!). The only negative for me was identifying the players. I found it very difficult to see the numbers on the shirts, that font is just hard to see clearly.
I thought that when I saw it on the launch photos. Surely the whole point is for the players to be identifiable. It reminds me of the stupid names on bums shirts that the Steelers and ayr had back in the 90s.

Swarley

Seen some Belfast fans having a cry about Pietroniro dropping gloves and making the other guy turtle after a hit on Waller.

Wtf would they do if Lou had of stayed on and got hold of him lmao

Wannabe2

Trying to read those numbers is a nightmare, even the webcast announcer said the same , the Giants numbers were really simple .

E.D.S.

Trying to read those numbers is a nightmare, even the webcast announcer said the same , the Giants numbers were really simple .

Not only that… but when you went on the Devils website to see what players are wearing what number they’ve got the players pictures covering most of the numbers! Great job!

When I looked on ticketmaster a few weeks back that was coming up.

I then checked just before face off yesterday and tickets £18 with the fees which is still too much for pre season.
Strange. Mine cost the same as a regular game, £15.00
Seen some Belfast fans having a cry about Pietroniro dropping gloves and making the other guy turtle after a hit on Waller.

Wtf would they do if Lou had of stayed on and got hold of him lmao
Then they don't know hockey. Perfectly good shoulder - shoulder mid ice hit. Good game for pre season. Nice to be back. Enjoy the game tonight.