Giants Vs Devils - Pre-season - 25th Aug 23 - 19:00 FO

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
1692782348866.png
Someone recently said on here you know the off-season is over when the game threads return, well farewell off-season.
Devils play their first team game together at the SSE this Friday night. Pre-season games tend to be a mixed bag but there's no love lost between the two teams as the new players will soon find out. If we lose, it's pre-season and we can't read anything into the results and if we win it'll be a mighty victory. most importantly though
Hockey is back baby!

Attachments

kettdevil1

Great to see hockey back and will be interesting to see how far forward both teams are. Logically Belfast's preparations should be ahead of ours as they start the CHL on the 9th but given it's pre-season you never quite know what will happen

I doubt there will be, they will be giving ice time to who ever is available.
Especially Belfast in readiness for CHL
Cool. Belfast could have 5 lines!!

From our perspective, he may not travel to Belfast, but I'm hoping Harewood is around for our home games. Would love for him to impress Pete :)

moggy#9

I'm not expecting much from the game in Belfast. As kettdevil said, their preparations for chl should give them an advantage. That said, I'd expect PR to have some systems in place to keep it tight.

I'm expecting Saturday to be entertaining, if not polished.

ASHIPP

It's the first pre-season. Giants training camp started earlier? They will have the edge. Hopefully enough hate for them for our Guys to give it a real go on Saturday.

lloyd_jeff

He’s a netminder. Iced knees are absolutely normal after practice.
I thought after the MICE findings in 2021 that Myofascial Release was the preferred method since icing was found to cause further injuries. Icing was only to be used immediately after an injury occurs.

E.D.S.

The beauty of pre-season is that it means absolutely zero. One of the few times I'm able to watch a game and relax. 10-0 win or a 10-0 loss. Doesn't matter in the slightest. It does mean we are closer to the season starting though so happy days

BostonBart22

I think these 2 games v belfast will be more of a training sessions , both coaches work together and great mates working the GB bench , may get 1 or 2 hits in between as both coaches won't want injuries b4 the real season kicks in , , ..3...2 loss in belfast, 3...2 win at our purple home ...