G is Back

KaneDevils

I'n not quite sure what your point is?
I think his point is something like, why put so much trust/faith in G when we have won nothing or very little in the last 8 years and that he sees us winning nothing anytime soon. I could be wrong ......

:DWD

Very pleased to have him back as coach. The players he recruits considering our rink and budget is phenomenal.
Agree with the already said however. Would of preferred this to be his last as a player for several reasons.

I am pleased to G back. Yes it's been a while since we won anything but it's down to him that we have appeared in every Elite Play off final weekend (I have got that correct haven't I?) and are finishing the league in the top half. With our rink and budget we could easily have slipped down to being a bottom three team but we haven't.
When we get our new home, hopefully, we will see a change in our luck. Unfortunately we don't have a given right to winning everything just because we're the Devils (although it would be nice).

Wannabe2

Well pleased about G staying, that's good enough for me to buy my 3 season tickets, think we just may surprise a few people next season Well pleased.

voth26

Zack Kassian said:
In g we trust! Really??
He is doing his best no doubt about that,
But we won't win anything anytime soon!
He is better off on the bench he can't do both jobs.
8 years is it since we have won a cup?
Time for a change and I'm not over the moon tbh.

If people want to say we are not as big as the arena teams an niether is our budget,
Then what are we trusting in g for?
Because if we are not expected to win anything does It matter who is in charge?
Dont be shy say whats on your mind zack!!!!, your right it's been a few years since we won any silverware BUT we are the only team to qualify for playoff weekend and been in 3 or 4 finals and guess whos been in charge thats right G

Have Hope#35

voth26 said:
Zack Kassian said:
In g we trust! Really??
He is doing his best no doubt about that,
But we won't win anything anytime soon!
He is better off on the bench he can't do both jobs.
8 years is it since we have won a cup?
Time for a change and I'm not over the moon tbh.

If people want to say we are not as big as the arena teams an niether is our budget,
Then what are we trusting in g for?
Because if we are not expected to win anything does It matter who is in charge?
Dont be shy say whats on your mind zack!!!!, your right it's been a few years since we won any silverware BUT we are the only team to qualify for playoff weekend and been in 3 or 4 finals and guess whos been in charge thats right G
G is the David Moyes of the Hockey World... Put's out great teams on a shoe string budget who always seem to overachieve!

Slartibartfast said:
Personally I think he is a very competent D man and steps in when opponents take liberties.
Im happy to see G on the ice for another year.
Agreed, dont understand how people can say otherwise. when you consider he is carrying an injury its even more impressive. he is often the one on the ice trying to get some energy going.
don't see any reason for him to hang up the skates and think its a very well deserved testimonial season for him.

ASHIPP

This is great news. A leader on and off the ice. A coach who has repeatedly iced competitive teams
with smaller budgets than the arena clubs. He and Franny have the knack of bringing gems of players to the UK and investing time and effort in the development of future British stars. Cant think of many coaches doing that in our league.

Cant think of anyone better placed to bring consistency, stability and development to our team. Welcome back G.

# inGwetrust

A

Anonymous

We can be in 10 playoff finals win 0 doesn't mean anything.
I have had enough of trust in g. Trust what exactly? How long have we been trusting for?
We will not win championship or playoffs with our budget or ice facilities or our coach.
Give someone else a shot. Change our style of play or something?

He's done his best move on :)

Unless of course we are happy with finishing mid table and being classes as a average team,
If that's the case them so be it let's just watch the devils for another 5 years with g in charge and expect nothing.

Finishes consistantly as the best non arena team on a fraction of the budget. Until the playing field is levelled there isn't a coach in the land who can break the top 3's control of trophies. Not sure myself, but does anybody else have details of the last non arena team to win the major trophy.

I believe that move to proper rink will give G a better budget. I personally am keen to see how he can compete when he has a more competitive cheque book.

Paul Sullivan

Zack Kassian said:
I have had enough of trust in g. Trust what exactly? How long have we been trusting for?
We will not win championship or playoffs with our budget or ice facilities or our coach.

Unless of course we are happy with finishing mid table and being classes as a average team,
If that's the case them so be it let's just watch the devils for another 5 years with g in charge and expect nothing.
I was going to leave it, but you make it too enticing...

So according to you we will not win championships with our budget or our facility.

Then you say 'or with our coach'.

Please, for the sake of debate, show us who can spend a budget better in the EIHL. Enlighten us as to who has a better record of attracting impact players to a pi$$-poor facility and consistently create competitors.

I am happy to hear your views on who is better than G. But do you actually have any, or are you just saying 'change' and expecting someone else to do the hard work?

Whilst we are at it, please feel free to show which teams with lower budgets than ours that are above us in the standings, or have out-performed us in all EIHL competitions in recent years.

*resists jokes about homework or bedtimes*

StevenBletsoe said:
Finishes consistantly as the best non arena team on a fraction of the budget. Until the playing field is levelled there isn't a coach in the land who can break the top 3's control of trophies. Not sure myself, but does anybody else have details of the last non arena team to win the major trophy.
Believe it was the Blaze winning the league in 2009/10 but agree that the 3 arena teams have woken up since then and it is hard to see any team realistically winning the league in it's current format.

In regard to Adams, I always feel that he overachieves on his recruitment (although it might have more to do with the Business School programme than him personally) but then fails to turn that quality team into results with some sloppy losses. It is also easier being the underdog punching above your weight as nobody expects.

Finny

Zack Kassian said:

There really are not enough walls in the world for me to bang some sense into your head.

Finny said:
Zack Kassian said:

There really are not enough walls in the world for me to bang some sense into your head.
I stopped reading his posts a long time ago. If we said we hated G 'Zack' would be singing his praises...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Why people are disappointed in G, I do not know. As a coach he is fantastic given the budget and what ice we have and as for a player? Recently it seems his playing ability has improved? Or am I watching something else? The way he plays along the boards and defends brilliantly at crucial times. I'm happy he's back next season, knew he would be because he announced a two year contract at the beginning of this season, right? Also happy he's having a testimonial season too but does that hint it could be his last season? Playing at least? Either way I'm happy we're seeing our last season (hopefully) in the tent with him leading us.
#inGwetrust