G is Back

kettdevil1

Thread starter #3
Good point.... hopefully they are just stringing out the announcements over a few days, isn't there supposed to be another announcement tomorrow?

I'd assume a Richie announcement, but I think when he signed back with us it said he was on a 1 and a half season deal. Still not bad signings so far :) now bring back tylor lol!

Ger-Devils said:
It is very good news but the question has to be asked?

No mention of Franny in there?
They come as a team so I would be very surprised if Franny isn't announced soon. G has always commended the hard work put in by Franny on the recruitment front.
Welcome back G, a sound and positive move by the Club.

kettdevil1

Thread starter #6
noodlesboy said:
I'd assume a Richie announcement, but I think when he signed back with us it said he was on a 1 and a half season deal. Still not bad signings so far :) now bring back tylor lol!
I had a feeling that this was the case but the Walesonline report at the time only mentions him signing till the end of the season.

A

Anonymous

In g we trust! Really??
He is doing his best no doubt about that,
But we won't win anything anytime soon!
He is better off on the bench he can't do both jobs.
8 years is it since we have won a cup?
Time for a change and I'm not over the moon tbh.

If people want to say we are not as big as the arena teams an niether is our budget,
Then what are we trusting in g for?
Because if we are not expected to win anything does It matter who is in charge?

James

Administrator
Zack Kassian said:
In g we trust! Really??

If people want to say we are not as big as the arena teams an niether is our budget,
Well its less than 8 years. I've only been watching for that long and seen us win 2.
We've been in a lot of finals since then too.

I'm sure G signed a 2 year deal at the start of the season anyway?? I'm very happy to have him back as a coach, but not a player coach. He is well past his best and this should have been his last season playing IMO.

Have Hope#35

shoes_off said:
I'm sure G signed a 2 year deal at the start of the season anyway?? I'm very happy to have him back as a coach, but not a player coach. He is well past his best and this should have been his last season playing IMO.
I agree to a certain extent but he deserves his Testimonial Season and perhaps he can take us forward to the New Rink as just the Coach?

James said:
Zack Kassian said:
In g we trust! Really??

Well its less than 8 years. I've only been watching for that long and seen us win 2.
We've been in a lot of finals since then too.

It is two in last eight years but the one was BK cup where only rink teams took part, the last challenge cup was in 2006 and that was the last 'proper' cup and co incidentally we had a dedicated Bench Coach then, not a Player Coach.

Economic times are different now and the coach doubles up as an import player, but the three clubs above us have bench coaches as do our rivals Blaze, We are the only team in our conference with a player/coach, so maybe we have got it wrong, having said that I would rather have a player/coach than have Thommo

Finny

jodysstillagirlsname said:
It is two in last eight years but the one was BK cup where only rink teams took part..
Pretty sure Belfast and Sheffield both won the CC whilst it existed. In fact I thought we beat Sheffield in the Semis the year we won it?

Gazza272

Finny said:
jodysstillagirlsname said:
It is two in last eight years but the one was BK cup where only rink teams took part..
Pretty sure Belfast and Sheffield both won the CC whilst it existed. In fact I thought we beat Sheffield in the Semis the year we won it?

Yep we did!

Beat them in Ice Sheffield. Awesome game Dave Ianazzo got the winner, Osaer made one of the best pad saves I have ever seen live and Shaun Sutter Slashed Voth with a few seconds left thinking Voth wouldnt do anything silly back.

Voth two handed him accross the shin which caused Sutter to look at the ref. I found out afterwards the referee said to sutter 'you Slashed that guy what did you expect to happen back' :lol: