Fournier Released

drainage

The club certainly don't have to release the departure reason.

However to be open and transparent I think the club needs to let the fans know whether they knew Fournier would be departing when they auctioned his Jersey off at last night's Jersey auction.
Totally agree re jersey if they knew they should not have included it ……if the breach came to light afterwards the fair enough including it but could reach out to purchaser and offer refund if it’s wanted. That bit can be easily and swiftly put to bed

Diablo3

Totally agree re jersey if they knew they should not have included it ……if the breach came to light afterwards the fair enough including it but could reach out to purchaser and offer refund if it’s wanted. That bit can be easily and swiftly put to bed
Malko321 said he wants to keep it, so perhaps a partial refund would be in order

lloyd_jeff

Well I said he needed to improve, not that I’m in the know ;) him negotiating terms with another club wasn’t the best way to improve his game.

SteveKing

Extremely disappointing weekend for the Devils to say the least. As some have already noted, we're not going to comment on the reason for the departure - but it certainly wasn't because of something like wearing a pride jersey. What I can say is that it was not in our control. He certainly brought a lot of energy to the team both on the ice and off of it. We're all sad that it could not continue. I wish him nothing but the best.

Despite the setback and distraction this weekend, this team has a huge amount of pride and we're right there in the thick of the title race. I hope that you can rally around this group. We'll continue to look at all avenues to help the team out. Hopefully we have some good news from sick bay soon.

Hedd Wyn John

Extremely disappointing weekend for the Devils to say the least. As some have already noted, we're not going to comment on the reason for the departure - but it certainly wasn't because of something like wearing a pride jersey. What I can say is that it was not in our control. He certainly brought a lot of energy to the team both on the ice and off of it. We're all sad that it could not continue. I wish him nothing but the best.

Despite the setback and distraction this weekend, this team has a huge amount of pride and we're right there in the thick of the title race. I hope that you can rally around this group. We'll continue to look at all avenues to help the team out. Hopefully we have some good news from sick bay soon.
One fan paid a large sum of money at the auction for a Fournier Jersey last night, Steve can you at least look into whether the club knew Fournier was departing when the auction took place. IF the club knew Fournier was on the verge of leaving then I think auctioning off his jersey without that information being known to fans would not have been fair to bidders.

Malko321, if you would like to contact Todd or Katrina about the jersey you bought, I would guess they would do something for you. Happy to get involved if needed but I doubt that will be necessary. There was certainly nothing malicious or calculated by the club at the time of the auction.

Steve, yet again showing your class and dedication to the supporters. Not many owners would make a direct comment like that and at such an early point. Well done and this is one of the reasons that you and the rest of the consortium are very well thought of and valued by our club.

On another note, and this isn't a tongue in an orifice moment, but can we all realise how lucky we are having an owner/consortium that actually correspond with us on this forum. Otherwise we may lose that line of communication and honesty. Not many owners around the world in any sport let alone the EIHL would be openly discussing and responding to the supporters on a forum. So I think we need to appreciate if something is going to be released it gets released by the club and not the owners on a supporters forum site.

While they are listening mind can I ask we bust the budget a little and sign his former team mate Michael Stinil. I know we can but dream but I thought I would put it out there whilst I had the chance. Lol.

Last edited:
We all liked the energy Fournier brought to the team. I believe we acted as a club in the way all of you, our valued supporters, would expect us to if they were in our spot. One issue that appears overlooked, however was the fan who purchased the Fournier jersey. I have asked Todd to look into the matter and find a solution that satisfies the affected fan. We will make that part right. On the hockey front, we are in the hunt. Despite a tough weekend, we control our destiny. I believe this team wants to be the one holding the trophy. I expect great battles with our rivals in the coming months.

Malko321, if you would like to contact Todd or Katrina about the jersey you bought, I would guess they would do something for you. Happy to get involved if needed but I doubt that will be necessary. There was certainly nothing malicious or calculated by the club at the time of the auction.
I can confirm I reached out to Malko via DM on Twitter early evening yesterday

E.D.S.

Honestly can’t believe the likes of Katrina have to come on here and justify what they do. They know how to run a club. They know how to look after fans. If, on the odd occasion, they fall a tad short they hold their hands up. Some of the nonsense spouted on here and social media is just embarrassing. Worse still are the people who post nonsense on here and screenshot for their own Twitter sad existence.