Flyers v Devils - 07/09 @ 19:15 - League - Chat/Updates

Fubar

not good enough considering the brutality of the assault. take the 3rd man in penalty rather than mooch around talking..eh Hilly...and yes...i am pointing a finger!

Fubar said:
not good enough considering the brutality of the assault. take the 3rd man in penalty rather than mooch around talking..eh Hilly...and yes...i am pointing a finger!
Given that the 3 goals we scored on the resulting powerplay effectively won us the game I think we can forgive him.

Finny

In previous years we've had problems with the the refs up in Scotland and ended most games with a player thrown out. Wouldn't surprise me if G told them not to react.

From that fan video, the refs arm goes up quickly and to be fair to Lord he is trying to fight him back. As soon as he cross checked him they knew Nickerson was going to be chucked out, and he is their only tough guy. No point in getting anyone else getting thrown out, especially as the resulting powerplay won us the game.

Ger-Devils

Also when you have Wilson reffing, never get involved.

As soon as Nickerson got thrown- Fife lost their edge. None of that team stood out for me, yes it's early days but some have speed but nothing else. Chaumont was very quiet for them.

Our PP was very good- 3 goals from it shows that. Plumton and Lord were the two standouts for me. Everyone had a job to do but they went above it. Good to see us roll 4 lines throughout the game. Nice to hear a bench talk as much as we did. Helping each other out.

KaneDevils

It was a Cardiff defender that collided with him, he wasn't "run". Two Devils players were cross checking a Fife player into the back of the goals. There was a scramble out front and a Devils d-man collided with LaCosta.
When you see the ferocity of some of the hits thrown during games it amazes me how a nettie can be so badly hurt from a collision during a scramble. Maybe he wasn't 100% from the Esjberg game so makes you wonder if playing him was the wrong call?

Can anyone else shed any more light on what happened last night?

I may be wrong but the goalie gear is probably more designed for taking the impact of puck than hits. Im sure as well that they don't expect to be hit and don't brace themselves as much as an outskater would. Just my guess but if anyone has some insight that would be great :grin:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2