Flames Vs Devils - League - 26th Oct 22 - 19:30 FO

Kevin roog

Just how good are theses two way players , are they really going to save our season or more likely sit on the bench and get a minute at the end when we are 5 nil up(I wish)

kingmo19.1

Just how good are theses two way players , are they really going to save our season or more likely sit on the bench and get a minute at the end when we are 5 nil up(I wish)
I don’t think anyone knows until they are given some decent icetime with the Devils over a period of time - and that looks unlikely at the moment.

Catch 22 - too risky to try, but if you don’t how will you ever know! And how will they ever make the step up? Maybe a better route for a 2 way is with a lower end EIHL team. Even Alex Graham has struggled to break through with the Steelers and he’s arguably the best in that age group.

pjj365

Bayley Hardwood selected for GB U20 so not too shabby.
Remember we can't call up if their main team need their services so we may not see the 2ways that often

Kevin roog

The level is a massive step up otherwise every team would have young 2 ways tearing up the league, jardine , Crawford and a few others are struggling, but how much better are the Bristol boys

Well, I recall devils fans talking about the non-physical side of their game. Conway took a really bad knee from a Dundee player and the Giants stood around scratching each others balls while Conway was prone on the ice.. Everyone of the Giants players should be ashamed tonight.
A couple of players tried to get to Nasland, but linesmen and ref were stood right by him, then Long tried to get at him as the officials ushered him off the ice.

kettdevil1

Did Conway play on at all after the incident ?
He came back out in the third, not sure how many shifts he took.

Giants fans keep saying it was one of the worst they have seen but I haven't actually seen the footage yet (other than some which seems to end before the hit) so difficult to comment further.

He came back out in the third, not sure how many shifts he took.

Giants fans keep saying it was one of the worst they have seen but I haven't actually seen the footage yet (other than some which seems to end before the hit) so difficult to comment further.
It was nasty enough. A hit like that can be 50/50 for a serious injury.
As for the Giants players trying to get at Nasland, catch a grip. Didn't try bloody hard enough. Few weak attempts at best. It was one of those comical sketches "Hold me back, let me at him"

BostonBart22

It was nasty enough. A hit like that can be 50/50 for a serious injury.
As for the Giants players trying to get at Nasland, catch a grip. Didn't try bloody hard enough. Few weak attempts at best. It was one of those comical sketches "Hold me back, let me at him"
If keefe was on the ice in his day , he would've got to the culprit and beat shit out of him.

Kevlar68

Your right it is a collective but bowns is the last line of defence, bowns will have them go against his stats, on here people say "bowns would want that one back", they don't say "the team would want that one back" and it's not just bowns, shipping 14 goals in 3 games isn't good enough full stop no matter who the nettie is.
I think bowns is a good nettie BUT he definitely isn't the nettie we knew.

Last edited:

BostonBart22

if I agree with you , not sure I do , 14 goals in 3 games is what a team let in not a single player …..when was one player responsible for all that happens on ice ?
So are the D protecting kozun more in games and couldnt give a shit helping bowns out as someone in a previous thread said..maybe some players got issues with bowns as with some had issues with carruth...just saying