Flames Vs Devils - League - 26th Oct 22 - 19:30 FO

E.D.S.

It just feels like a high risk strategy. Fine if we're going to be camped out in their zone but when you've got to track your man and be alert it just doesn't seem like one of his strengths. I'd fancy myself to create a shooting chance against him and I can hardly skate.

Tough loss tonight. We threw it away but I would have taken a point at the start of the game.

E.D.S.

Yet again seems to be a regular thing just like I thought it would be need to get rid and asap
Tough to pin the blame on Bowns tonight. Defensively we were woeful. Needles icing. Crawford was shocking with his distribution. He gave it away in a 3 on 3. We just invited more and more pressure. Poor decision making behind our net. Bowns is facing shots that we have invited on ourselves. We aren't doing him any favours at all.

Hedd Wyn John

Didn't see the game but to be 2 goals up at the start of the last period & end up losing in OT is disappointing. Results like this will kill a title run.

jenks33

Thing is Kozun had his first shut out and the next game was benched.. How's that gonna help his confidence as a goalie? Well done on the shut out mate your benched next game...
But since Bowns’ poor performance against Sheffield Kozun has started 3 out of the last 5 games. I don’t really see the problem. There’s a good chance Kozun will start the Coventry match on Saturday

Last edited:

Wannabe2

In a very fast back and forth game, they put out 3speedsters in OT,and we counteract that by putting out Reid. Not the best of decisions by a long shot.

lloyd_jeff

Closer than l was expecting, hindsight says Bowns should’ve been nowhere near the game. Unfortunately he’s not going to slap a few egos, so we’ll see him back here next yr.

MA18

But since Bowns’ poor performance against Sheffield Kozun has started 3 out of the last 5 games. I don’t really see the problem. There’s a good chance Kozun will start the Coventry match on Saturday
And if he has a good game leave him in for a few. Let’s get one of the boys firing.

Devil94

Taking a point home from Guildford after the very busy schedule and travel we have had is not too bad. Some positives and lessons to be learnt, on to the next.

Hedd Wyn John

In a very fast back and forth game, they put out 3speedsters in OT,and we counteract that by putting out Reid. Not the best of decisions by a long shot.
It shouldn't have gone to OT imo but with Guilford speed merchants about we should have had our quickest players on the ice.

ASHIPP

Would say Saturdays Cup game is very important ....an elimination decider for the Devils.

Some big decisions and a solid game plan required from the coaching team, a focused and driven execution from the players.

The manner of tonight's rest is frustrating. But a point in an away game to the team top of the league, after playing 3 games in 3 days last weekend, is better than coming away with nothing. Expect many Devils' fans already had this game pencilled in as a loss.....so expectations were low anyway.

Last edited:

Devil94

Thing is Kozun had his first shut out and the next game was benched.. How's that gonna help his confidence as a goalie? Well done on the shut out mate your benched next game...
But Dupes has to manage 2 goalies. Look at it the other way, what would it do to Bownsy's confidence if he's benched for 10 games when he's in a rough patch. He needs to get back out there and get his groove back. If not, when Kozun has a rough patch suddenly we have 2 goalies struggling. Kozun's confidence will be just fine at the moment, no need to worry about that.

I think Bowns gets more flak than Kozun because he's seen as the number 1 goalie.
To be fair Bownsy was getting a lot of flak when he was playing every game in seasons we won the leagues and countless other trophies. Some fans just don't like him for whatever reason.

Diablo3

We were fine in the first, not bad in the second, slowing down n the third and at a standstill in OT. I guess the weekend caught up with us. Just hope we recover for Blaze and Panthers.

Swarley

But Dupes has to manage 2 goalies. Look at it the other way, what would it do to Bownsy's confidence if he's benched for 10 games when he's in a rough patch. He needs to get back out there and get his groove back. If not, when Kozun has a rough patch suddenly we have 2 goalies struggling. Kozun's confidence will be just fine at the moment, no need to worry about that.
Totally understand Dupes has to manage 2 goalies but when one gets a shut out you should be building on that surely? Put the shoe on the other foot had Bowns had a shut out people would be screaming murder about him being benched for the next game when he's had a shut out.

It's gotta go both ways if one gets a shut out you build on that and keep it rolling until form fades, it make it a lot more competitive and raise the standard.

Kozun sitting at 96.59%

And Bowns at 90.91%

Saturdays starting net minder in my eyes should be Kozun, Ben needs to find that form he had a few seasons back when he had people jumping out of their seats with his world class windmill saves.

I'm not against Bowns being back I'm just seeing stats that show something needs to be changed to shake up things