Face Off change ?

Skippy

Re: Re: Face Off change ?

TheStub said:
I hope it stays at 6. That gives me a late finish as it is.

Personally I won't be watching any football, or even remotely care about a cup final.

I hope the time stays put. Cone or cone not, pushing it forward will alienate as many as leaving it the the same.
Cone ?

Diafol

I can remember the tent opening early and showing a Wales 6 Nations match on the screens in the rink before a Devils game (it might have been the Grand Slam clincher against France in 2008), so it's certainly been done before.

fdlf666

Spoke to Chris Hartrey last night and the Devils had asked if they could have a 6.30 face off which PI agreed (although PI were expecting a request for 7pm face-off which they also would have agreed too).
Unfortunately it wasn't announced in the Rink last night and Devils site is still showing 6pm, so your guess of face-off time is as good as anyone's.

Will hopefully mean an increase to attendance having the slightly later face off but don't think it'll make that much difference. Would have been much better if they'd been able to change it 2-3 weeks ago to a different date. I'd like to think they tried but maybe it just wasn't possible.

Pleximan

Cardiff City getting to a cup final doesn't happen very often. Sorry, but I'm staying home to watch this one. I would imagine that the BBT will have a very poor attendance on Sunday, though it could have been avoided with proper planning ahead. After all, it was known a month ago that Cardiff City would be in the cup final on that day. Surely back then there would have been a reasonable chance of altering the date for this fixture?

Worse still is that Hull Stingrays will really fancy their chances playing the Devils in a half empty building.

wildthing74

I think the club should have moved it back and accept there will be a lot of fans who will want to watch the footy,many of us actually going already.
Fans who don't like football should put that to one side and if it helps attendance it is for the benefit of the Devils at the end of the day.I hate rugby but I accept I'm in the minority so I understood the logic in the club moving the recent Clan game.
I fear it will be a very empty BBT at 18.00 Sunday.

Wannabe2

They have moved it back half a hour to 6-30, in fairness to the Hull players they have a lot of travelling and obviously dont give 2 hoots about the City.

ASHIPP

Good move by the Club to change f/o time for Sunday's game. Some fans work on a Sunday and can't always get to the game in time for the start! ;)

Am sure this decision is taken purely to ensure the best possible turnout at the BBT and to give Stingrays a bit of flexibility in their journey.

P.S. At least the team has time to prepare for this time alteration. We all know what happens when face-offs are delayed spontaneously on game night :eek: