Face Off change ?

Ejercito Rojas

Thread starter #1
Does the club have any plans to move the face-off time back for the Hull game on Feb 26th to avoid clashing with the Carling Cup Final between Cardiff and Liverpool?

Pleximan

Well there will be quite a few Devils fans who will be making the trip to Wembley to support Cardiff City and for those the Devils will have to accept a reduction in the attendance. But if the face off time does not get put back, there will be a risk of losing many more from the Hull game because they will be watching Cardiff City in the final on TV.

Something for the club to think about it to find a workable solution. Let's hope Hull Stingrays are co-operative, something they may not feel like with a long bus journey home after the game.

Finny

Well I'll be going to Wembley. I would have thought that when you add together the people going and the people who want to watch it on TV, you'd have more than half the usual Devils crowd.

drainage

Finny said:
Well I'll be going to Wembley. I would have thought that when you add together the people going and the people who want to watch it on TV, you'd have more than half the usual Devils crowd.
Am guessing those that watch both city and devils who go to wembley are never going to make the game ......unless we have a start time that I recall we did for Durham many years ago !!

So we are talking about the TV viewers ? What time is kick off for city game ?

I reckon as Finny says, we'd be looking at half the crowd - I'm not going to Wembley, but there's no way I'm missing it on TV. Even moving it back to 630 or 7 would be a bit of a rush for some people who don't live in Cardiff. Plus I believe nearly all of Cardiff's Carling Cup games have gone to extra time / penalties so if that happens then it wouldn't finish until 630 or later anyway (and fans would want to watch them lift the trophy if they win etc).

Suprised nothing has been arranged considering they moved the time for the Wales game a couple of weeks back (although I think this was also because we were in Belfast the night before). They've known about this clash for a few weeks. Suppose Hull are not bothered though and probably just want to keep it as it is.

DevilDom

Whilst i'm not against putting FO back, I can't see that it is going to make a huge difference. Obviously those going to Wembley won't be coming whatever time FO is; then there will be those watching in the pub having a few beers who probably won't bother coming even if FO is put back; then there are those who want to watch the football at home and still make the Devils game. However, if the time is put back to say 7pm on a Sunday night you risk losing people who travel as it will then be a late finish and people with young kids as they will have school the next day.

Probably the best thing that can happen for the Devils is that the football is all over by half-time and people can then get to the hockey knowing they are not missing much!

My family will be watching the city game on tv, sorry, but City reaching a cup final game dose not happen very often :) . We are lucky enough to live just 10 mins drive from the BBT so I expect we will miss some or all, if it goes to ot, the 1st period if face off stays at 6pm. I'm hoping for a delay to faceoff, just till 6.30/7pm, purely from a selfish point of view.

The delayed faceoff the other week wasn't cause of the rugby. PR said himself on real radio, the flight from Belfast didn't land till 4.30, so they pushed it back to allow more time to get to the rink.

I don't get to come to too many games and I was planning to come to this one. However for me with a two trip back home it's a bit too late for my daughter on a school night (we get back late with a 6pm start anyway). I think the time should reflect the locals's feelings who want to watch their local football team in a cup final (as has been mentioned it won't happen too often) and the Devil.

I am a bit disappointed that nothing has been mentioned by the club yet even if it is to say it's still a 6pm start. Maybe they are assuming people will assume it is the same time but they should know that questions will be asked about the start time.

If I do come up I wouldn't look forward to seeing the BBT even more empty than usual.

James

Administrator
Glover said:
I don't get to come to too many games and I was planning to come to this one. However for me with a two trip back home it's a bit too late for my daughter on a school night (we get back late with a 6pm start anyway). I think the time should reflect the locals's feelings who want to watch their local football team in a cup final (as has been mentioned it won't happen too often) and the Devil.

I am a bit disappointed that nothing has been mentioned by the club yet even if it is to say it's still a 6pm start. Maybe they are assuming people will assume it is the same time but they should know that questions will be asked about the start time.

If I do come up I wouldn't look forward to seeing the BBT even more empty than usual.
Sunday face offs are always 6pm. If the club don't say anything, it will be because there is nothing to say. Any concerns are merely speculation, I wouldn't worry about it.

TheStub

I hope it stays at 6. That gives me a late finish as it is.

Personally I won't be watching any football, or even remotely care about a cup final.

I hope the time stays put. Cone or cone not, pushing it forward will alienate as many as leaving it the the same.