Expectations

Finny

knowitall said:
Always negative our fans are.
Is there anything to be positive about?

The club reported losses over the last 12 months of around a quarter of a million pounds. The debt is somewhere between £150,000 and £450,000 with rumours persisting that many players are still owed money from last year.

A year ago today we had already signed up:

Josh Batch (19th Feb 2013)
Mac Faulkner (25th Feb 2013)
Chris Jones (11th Apr 2013)
Rupert Quiney (11th Apr 2013)
Luke Piggott (11th Apr 2013)
Mark Smith (12th Apr 2013)
Adam Harding (21st Apr 2013)
Mark Richardson (26th Apr 2013)
Andrew Lord (1st May 2013)
Matthew Myers (5th May 2013)
Ben Davies (7th May 2013)
Phil Hill (13th May 2013)

So that's a marquee signing in Faulkner, a popular re-signing in Mark Smith, a new exciting signing in Lord and THE WHOLE of our Brit line-up.

This season we have signed up Kurka (who is strongly rumoured to be taking the big money in Austria - and who can blame him) and Bowns.

Now I know that Whistle traditionally takes his time to sign his imports. But his brits?
We've already lost Ben and other clubs are sniffing around the rest. Brits traditionally try to sort themselves out straight after the World Championships so they have that security over summer. Why not this season?

I notice you saying rumour a lot!
And at the moment that's all they are.

I understand the worrying of Brits but we only have to sign up a few!
We got the new rule coming in for eu players and we can sign up to 11 imports if I'm correct.

I'm sure we will be fine.
Myers Richardson bowns pigot jones and batch is enough Brits back imo

Devil94

Finny said:
knowitall said:

The club reported losses over the last 12 months of around a quarter of a million pounds. The debt is somewhere between £150,000 and £450,000 with rumours persisting that many players are still owed money from last year.

So that's a marquee signing in Faulkner, a popular re-signing in Mark Smith, a new exciting signing in Lord and THE WHOLE of our Brit line-up.

This season we have signed up Kurka (who is strongly rumoured to be taking the big money in Austria - and who can blame him) and Bowns.

Now I know that Whistle traditionally takes his time to sign his imports. But his brits?
We've already lost Ben and other clubs are sniffing around the rest. Brits traditionally try to sort themselves out straight after the World Championships so they have that security over summer. Why not this season?
Wow, that's scary.

DevilDom

Finny said:
knowitall said:

:shock:

Foxy

knowitall said:
Seem to know a lot or so you think??
Burying heads in the sand doesnt help. Im certainly not going to be happy clappy if i think im not going to get value for money...........

Gazza272

Finny said:
knowitall said:

The Last Time Dave Whistle was our coach our first signing was announced on the 31st May:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/ice- ... ff-2438824

Gazza272

Finny said:
And that first signing went on to have a great season for us........ :oops:

And when it was announced he wasn't coming we all had a little meltdown again.

I remember that off season being horrible for lack of signings. To the point where about 4 players were announced at once in August.

I guess my point is we have the same coach and the signings are slow, so there could well be another reason for it other than the worst.

Finny

But back then our Brits the previous season were:
Jono Phillips
Matt Myers
Phil Hill
Jason Stone
Neil Francis
James Manson

All local lads who with the exception of Phillips and Myers were unlikely to be tempted away to other clubs. We ended up losing Myers but kept Phillips and the rest who we always knew would re-sign. The EIHL has moved on since then though we do appear to be in severe danger of being left behind.

Gazza272

Finny said:
But back then our Brits the previous season were:
Jono Phillips
Matt Myers
Phil Hill
Jason Stone
Neil Francis
James Manson

All local lads who with the exception of Phillips and Myers were unlikely to be tempted away to other clubs. We ended up losing Myers but kept Phillips and the rest who we always knew would re-sign. The EIHL has moved on since then though we do appear to be in severe danger of being left behind.

Agreed we are in danger of that, but then Whistle hasn't built a team in this league since he was last with us either. I'm guessing he has kept an eye on things but at the same time it will be a learning curve for him this year.

voth26

chillee said:
Seems the club likes to drag its feet then, oh well, at least I know I'm not wasting my money on a team that uses games as training sessions.
You really are a bundle of joy aren't you, when your plane flying out

voth26 said:
You really are a bundle of joy aren't you, when your plane flying out
My plane is flying out in August to Morrocco for a few weeks, some beach and some hiking in the Atlas, then again in October for a few more weeks, got my nieces Baptism in Pais Vasco. Xmas also being celebrated in Asturia's with my in laws, maybe New Yrs celebrations in Bilbao as well.

When are you on holiday, anywhere nice ?