End Of An Amazing Year

styx

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!! My daughter and myself came from west of swansea ( dont blame me, my wife made me live there) to watch 1 game, Its something she wanted to see. At that point, Devils meant nothing to us, I mean, it was just to see a game of ice hockey. 4-1 down to blaze, coming back to 4-4 and losing in OT, that was some entertainment. So much so, We were proud owners of replica shirt hats etc etc etc within our next two games.
I hope we are accepted as Cardiff devil followers, despite our unfortunate location and although i cant get a season ticket due to my job and the on-calls, We intend to get up the M4 as often as we can to watch as many games as possible. After talking to quite a few people weve realised how the Devils have been transformed so quickly, and our timing to visit and become obsessed is just right. Football is rooted deep in my family,having 3 family members who played for Wales and both welsh clubs among others, But within several months, we are now in a position that we cant even watch match of the day.
Bloody long winded way to say thank you to the fans weve met,In particular, The ex school teacher in Block 2 who helped us understand some rules, Sheila, the ticket seller who gave a great welcome, The lady at the back of block 2 who gave us a clapper after my feet went bad from stompin on the floorboards, and even ROY of the steelers who showed us his bellyflop diving skills, youve made us feel so welcome, The players, Especially Mr Bowns who is gonna be proposed to by my 14 year old daughter as soon as shes old enough, Lord, and the new owners, who have turned this club around, Waffling now but its great these fantastic fans have now got something to be proud of again, Hopefully one day we can be labelled true fans also.
Sorry if ive bored you guys, But I really wanted to express our thanks. It hasnt been a year for us, just a mere couple of months, and now we have to watch NHL and wait a looooong time before Devils hit the ice again. Missing it already.

mazza03

styx said:
WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!! My daughter and myself came from west of swansea ( dont blame me, my wife made me live there) to watch 1 game, Its something she wanted to see. At that point, Devils meant nothing to us, I mean, it was just to see a game of ice hockey. 4-1 down to blaze, coming back to 4-4 and losing in OT, that was some entertainment. So much so, We were proud owners of replica shirt hats etc etc etc within our next two games.
I hope we are accepted as Cardiff devil followers, despite our unfortunate location and although i cant get a season ticket due to my job and the on-calls, We intend to get up the M4 as often as we can to watch as many games as possible. After talking to quite a few people weve realised how the Devils have been transformed so quickly, and our timing to visit and become obsessed is just right. Football is rooted deep in my family,having 3 family members who played for Wales and both welsh clubs among others, But within several months, we are now in a position that we cant even watch match of the day.
Bloody long winded way to say thank you to the fans weve met,In particular, The ex school teacher in Block 2 who helped us understand some rules, Sheila, the ticket seller who gave a great welcome, The lady at the back of block 2 who gave us a clapper after my feet went bad from stompin on the floorboards, and even ROY of the steelers who showed us his bellyflop diving skills, youve made us feel so welcome, The players, Especially Mr Bowns who is gonna be proposed to by my 14 year old daughter as soon as shes old enough, Lord, and the new owners, who have turned this club around, Waffling now but its great these fantastic fans have now got something to be proud of again, Hopefully one day we can be labelled true fans also.
Sorry if ive bored you guys, But I really wanted to express our thanks. It hasnt been a year for us, just a mere couple of months, and now we have to watch NHL and wait a looooong time before Devils hit the ice again. Missing it already.
What a good post and welcome, once hockey is in your blood you have had it :D you picked a good season to watch. :RAWK :RAWK

Wannabe2

Great to have your lovely family on board, enjoy the ride it just gets better and better, lots of people come from down west, people's locations don't mean a thing supporting the Devils is the only passport to joining the Family. Now you have been bitten there's no turning back, welcome to the Red Army. Have a great summer and enjoy season 15/16 your going to love it.
Happy Hockey Days.

styx said:
You were most welcome to the clapper, welcome to the Devils and Block 2. Geography doesn't matter, passion for the game does and as you have experienced that develops quickly. See you in the new season....... Block 2 is the place to be!

Gough60

What a season.
Again to echo the thoughts of Devils fans both near and far:-
THANK YOU OWNERS,
MANAGEMENT,
COACHING TEAM,
PLAYERS &
THE 1000+ NEW & LOST FANS WHO PACKED OUT THE TENT.
What a ride its been.

Sheincar

styx said:
Thank you so much . What a season you picked to follow this wonderful sport and especially at this club which I've found welcoming and which I wanted to pass on. Can't wait for next season to start.

styx

blk2hockeymum said:
You were most welcome to the clapper, welcome to the Devils and Block 2. Geography doesn't matter, passion for the game does and as you have experienced that develops quickly. See you in the new season....... Block 2 is the place to be!
That was YOU? Blimey, We didnt get your name sorry. Im sure i'll be in that area again. You didnt half start the crowd going. Mind you, My foot is still hurting from stompin, I think ive done some damage LOL. My daughter reckons Block 2 Rulez now too! You guys are awesome!

styx

Sheincar said:
Thank you so much . What a season you picked to follow this wonderful sport and especially at this club which I've found welcoming and which I wanted to pass on. Can't wait for next season to start.
Thanks again Sheila. Ive just realised im waaaay off topic as its for congrats to new club owners etc. Sorry guys.