Votes: 43 28.9%
  • No

Votes: 106 71.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pembo

It’s less fussy and is cleaner than the last one, although does look a bit like a generic sunburnt angry bloke, (possibly who’s just bought a round in the club bar/realised the toilet has broken again)… as opposed to Satan himself, lord of hell. Cautious thumbs up!!

Ocko

Should’ve had an option for ‘don’t care’ as well. I liked the old one, I don’t hate the new one but it could’ve been better. Either way it doesn’t bother me a great deal - I haven’t bought a jersey since I was about 12 when we were in the ISL.

I think any logo change should’ve happened when the new ownership took over. The team really did need a new start and identity then but have built the brand back.

Strange move but there have been worse things to happen to the club.

kingmo19.1

The new logo looks like a constipated old man! It’s an unmitigated total disaster!

Nobody wanted a new logo.
What a waste of time and money.
No consultation with the fanbase beforehand.
Not much respect for ‘our’ heritage!
Stop piddling about and focus on the things that need spending time and money on!
Whoever signed that off needs to take a long holiday - then have a long hard look at themselves in the mirror and ask themselves if they are working in the right industry !!!!!!

Should be studied at Universities throughout then world for decades to come as a shining example of an unwanted and unneeded complete marketing disaster!

ASHIPP

Total garbage Mickey Mouse logo, we lose a truly great logo to the laughing cow insult, was also disappointed when I was given a puck leaving the rink, and biting into it and it not tasting of cheese. Also we are now the purple army, so think purple. Wish we had their toughness.
All we need now is Purple Bricks on board as a sponsor.....

Glasgow Clan will feel like they are playing at home when they visit Vindico Arena, there is so much purple about.

lloyd_jeff

How does one think like a colour, do colours have thoughts, feelings, opinions. I understand how one might feel about a colour, take Purple, for me it reminds me of Prince, before he went all corporate and arrogant & decided being a symbol made sense. Maybe Todd & the team is thinking purple, hmmm.

kingmo19.1

How does one think like a colour, do colours have thoughts, feelings, opinions. I understand how one might feel about a colour, take Purple, for me it reminds me of Prince, before he went all corporate and arrogant & decided being a symbol made sense. Maybe Todd & the team is thinking purple, hmmm.
Purple rain! And it well And truly pissed down on the fanbase tonight!

Looks dreadful in my opinion, boring generic devil! Our identity has been stolen without any consultation from the fans! Should have given us a choice of 4 new logos or at least let us know about the rebrand before I renewed my season ticket! Just a poor marketing decision to try and sell more merch

E.D.S.

Aye it could always be worse. Just reading Twitter and seeing the usual Mindless Twitter ‘please give me likes’ brigade. Some truly bizarre posts there. Two favourites so far:

1) I saw a man nearly die on the ice at the weekend and people are moaning about a logo.
2) there’s a club in the NIHL who may not exist next year and people are moaning about a logo - from someone connected to the club - followed up with - as soon as we win a trophy, you won’t care about the logo.

Two very unpleasant events. One way worse than the other but what the chuff has that got to do with a logo. If people want to feel aggrieved by a poor decision to change a logo do you have to validate your thinking with the other events that are happening around the world first?!

It’s a crap logo. The club in my opinion have got it very wrong and comments like number two from someone at the club who says ‘I won’t care about it if we win a trophy’ fully explains the woeful thought process behind the change. Pure arrogance and proof that they are out of touch with the majority of the fan base.

Rempel16

Intrigued to hear the owners’ thoughts on the backlash so far…

Why why why could they not consult with the fans, and release 3 concept designs to vote on?

Change is often needed, and I get that the owners would want to have a logo of their own, but to choose one that would piss off the majority of the fanbase is very short sighted and a kick in the teeth to the teams history.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #18
We all know it's not the worst thing that has ever happened in the world and it's ridiculous that some idiots on social media are comparing it to other incidents. It's just people's own opinions on one subject, the logo.
To answer why no "don't care" option is because it's a very simple poll, even if you "don't care" people will still fall more on one side than the other to cast a vote.

Disappointing to learn that so many ST fans left without a promised puck. Very Poor planning. The office know how many STs have been sold and should have had enough pucks to ensure promises made are promises kept.

Lots of keyboard warriors about yesterday evening about the new logo - it’s not how I would have done it, but I suspect I will become used to it. To me what is important is how the team performs and the three signings announced more than made up for what some might describe as a disappointing or unnecessary new logo.

At the end of the day, it’s what the Management decided, and whether I agree or disagree, I’m not sure too much sleep will be lost by those who decided a rebranding was needed.

BostonBart22

With the owners calgary fans, would've been more apt last years logo encased in flames without the word devils , much better than a cartoon character..

Status
Not open for further replies.