Dissapointing Annaversary Shirts

Thread starter #41
If you took all the sponsors off the present Devils shirt it would look a lot better than the anniversary shirt with reference to Devil related things like fire!

Sorry folks just plain red and white does not say Cardiff Devils let alone 25th anniversary! :? :?

The design I was hoping for was a slant on the 1986 Jersey with our various club Logo's patched on the sleeves and stitched on all the honours we have won over the 25 yrs.

Even go as far to say the odd "Strawberry" wouldn't go a miss...only kidding.

Koop11

Can't say I'm overly keen on them. I like the lace jersey's and simplistic designs but the 25th anniversary jersey is disappointing IMO. They may grow on me in time.

Personally I like the new shirts and bought one last night. I haven't owned a shirt since the ten year anniversary superleague ones, and my other one is from '94. Gotta say I prefer the older style, and the simple design, think it works, as after all this shirt is about Devils past and present and not just about the current team, I like the NHL style aswell think it definately looks more expensive, and i also prefer the old team logo so very pleased that its been included. I also think a retro '86 shirt is a good idea, I would be tempted with one of those too.

Thanks! A retro shirt with badges of our achievements as already suggested and possibly something to mark a world record fingers crossed if we've got it or not could be great, and it would mark the great year we are having with possibly the best team we've ever seen!! I wasn't sure if we were better than the nineties teams, I gotta say I have some great memories, but the Sheffield game was poetry in motion and I've got that old excited feeling back the last few weeks, and feel like I am living and breathing hockey again like in the old days with the better coverage we've got. All we need now is for them to bring back Face Off! :)

mazza03

Diafol said:
Here's an idea - what about a 1986 "retro" jersey ? Many footy teams do them and they seem to sell quite well. I'd be up for one of those.
What a good idea. Not keen on the anniversary shirts too bland and no green.

I don’t like them either really after 25 years this is the best, I agree not to over crowd it with rubbish but I had a glimpse of this out of the corner of my eye on Saturday and honestly thought someone was wearing the English rugby top. :? :shock:

DevilDom

Sheincar said:
All that's missing is the O2 logo & the English rose :cry:
Think that seals it for me. I can't wear anything that may even be mistaken for an english rugby shirt and for that reason I'm out. :(

i must admit i was all up for getting one of these until i saw a pic (there is now a good quality pic on the shop site) but i do think they lack a bit of flair...looks like i'll be sticking to my ten year anniversary shirt for now. one thing i will say though is that they do look well made :)