Dissapointing Annaversary Shirts

Thread starter #1
Can't express enough how dissapointed I was when I saw the Annaversary Shirts!

They look like they were bought in Bessamer Road Market and sombody from the office (the tea boy probably) stuck the badges on

Apparently they reflect all things related to the Devils, come on now where is the green, where is the black and where is the silver all colours that have appeared on the devils shirts over the past 25 years.

TheStub

I thought they looked quite smart. Understated, meaningful enough.

Put all the colors in, and they would have looked overly cluttered.

The shirts themselves actually look higher quality than the actual Jerseys, and seem to be embroidered.

We were commenting that they reminded us of NHL shirts. Club logo, and competition patch and nothing else.

All in, well done Devils.

Skippy

TheStub said:
We were commenting that they reminded us of NHL shirts. Club logo, and competition patch and nothing else.
The Detroit Red wings winter classic Jersey maybe ? :)

And I have to agree with Budgie. I'm not keen on it.

Thread starter #6
We have waited 25 years for these and they look like training shirts!

I think a bit more imagination and design could have been put into them!

TheStub

Just to show we all like different things, my idea of hell would be a Christmas tree jersey. I would have preferred white on red (I like dark jerseys)... but please no green or silver.

Thread starter #8
TheStub said:
Just to show we all like different things, my idea of hell would be a Christmas tree jersey. I would have preferred white on red (I like dark jerseys)... but please no green or silver.

Now your starting to think design, I like that.

I will agree that a Red Shirt would have been better,, RED ARMY!!!!!!!!!!

Ger-Devils

Budgie said:
TheStub said:

Now your starting to think design, I like that.

I will agree that a Red Shirt would have been better,, RED ARMY!!!!!!!!!!
If they do a road jersey with the white on red, I will buy that. Much nicer I think

TheStub

We play white at home, they were always going to be white.

And for everyone who would want it red, a similar number would want it white.

Just be thankful that it isn't a Rhino, and not like a Blaze Christmas Jersey. I had nightmares featuring that and the Help For Hero's desert camo special.

TheStub

Re: Re: Dissapointing Annaversary Shirts

Budgie said:
Hey Stub I can see you are thinking design, already dismissing the bad and the ugly, just need to get to the good!
I'm an engineer. I don't look beyond "has a name on it" :lol:

Thread starter #15

TheStub said:
Budgie said:
Hey Stub I can see you are thinking design, already dismissing the bad and the ugly, just need to get to the good!
I'm an engineer. I don't look beyond "has a name on it" :lol:
Snap, but as engineers we have to balance form and function with asthetics

Jones72

TheStub said:
I would have added a 25 on the sleeves and maybe Devils 25 on the back.
...and be charged twice the price due to the added cost of production.

Damned if you do...damned if you don't.

Personally not too keen (looks like half the English flag) but then it's personal preference and I'm not bothered about having the latest jerseys anyway. Having gone through the process myself of getting team jerseys sorted it's a case of whatever you do you'll get some that like the result and some that won't...either way, in this case they'll sell.

As mentioned it could have been an overly busy Rhino jersey that would look dated and naff in no time at all...at least that won't be the case here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheStub

Jones72 said:
As mentioned it could have been an overly busy Rhino jersey that would look dated and naff in no time at all...at least that won't be the case here
They normally look naff as soon as they are come off the production line. Although the new embossed Rhino shirts look nicer, almost as good as a CH sports shirt :lol:

wildthing74

Each to their own but I think they look very smart.Classic design in an understated way and certainly a jersey that can be worn for many years without looking dated.Maybe I'm being biased as I've always been a 'Wings fan and they are clearly ripping off the winter classic design.
I have always liked shirs with the tie effect too but I am told they are very snug fitting so maybe have to have an extra X on the size :eek: