Dirty Dirty Sheffield Steelers

osh

TheStub said:
They take the opposite view to forum moderation to us. Anything that doesn't toe the club line, or disagrees with what the prevailing view is thrown out. It isn't free and fair debate, it is a self congratulatory sessions.

We, on the other hand, would rather the fans say what they want to say - providing it doesn't offend or insult others ;)

Not quite true Stub. I posted on the New Website topic a one liner that simply said something like I don't like the new website,I wish the site would post the latest news, which they don't. I arrived back in the UK yesterday and that post was completely removed! So that contradicts your 1st paragraph !! I thank Chris for having the courtesy to pm me, but still no reason for that post being deleted. Looking at the posts over the past 24 hours on this forum is embarrassing and we seem to have stooped almost to school kid levels with our own comments, even allowing for emotions running high. As for the club, well, thats another story eh, no doubt the game should have been postponed earlier than it was, but I didn't get to know about it until halfway down from London ( along with 2 guests who have flown in with me for the game) if the game had been postponed when it should have been, it would have saved a lot of time and expense, very poor on the clubs part imo.

A

Anonymous

If you refer to this post Osh its on page 2 mate.

Yeh i've just had another look around the website, pity they don't post the latest news (Voth) we have to rely on the inferno and the Echo to keep in touch, crazy situation. If this is a sign of things to come I will be disappointed even more. Best in the league? I think not.
Back on topic......

In what way do you find comments childish/child like ?

TheDevilTorn said:
Seems like their obsessed with bans. And now they will have Derek Campbells to look forward to, who will of course be innocent and harshly treated most likely. What a bunch of morons !
Campbell fully deserves a ban for his conduct last night. However, I think he will be a fall guy here and get an overstated ban so that the league and the squealers can say "look, no favourism here"

Wannabe2

BBW said:
TheDevilTorn said:
Seems like their obsessed with bans. And now they will have Derek Campbells to look forward to, who will of course be innocent and harshly treated most likely. What a bunch of morons !
Campbell fully deserves a ban for his conduct last night. However, I think he will be a fall guy here and get an overstated ban so that the league and the squealers can say "look, no favourism here"
Wouldnt be surprised if he got a 5 game ban, but Voth has to serve it for him, being very good friends and all that.

osh

TheDevilTorn said:

Yeh i've just had another look around the website, pity they don't post the latest news (Voth) we have to rely on the inferno and the Echo to keep in touch, crazy situation. If this is a sign of things to come I will be disappointed even more. Best in the league? I think not.
Back on topic......

With respect DT, this is not the post I am refering to at all. Steve ( mod) posted before me to keep things on topic ( quite rightly) as it had strayed concerning what the club were doing/not doing about the Voth ban ( no announcement until late in the week etc) so I did. I posted that the new website were not posting the latest news ( and it was no more than one line) steve originally replied to this and then my post, for whatever reason was totally deleted! Explain that one I ask? As for the childish comments, I don't know where to start really, but it lessens my will to post in future ( no doubt some will be pleased to hear) I will of course be contacting the club to express my disappontment with the very late announcement regarding the postponing of the game, it came way to late and as someone has already pointed out, the clubs excuse focused on cash flow etc, but the tickets had already been sold, they already had the punters money in the first place.

A

Anonymous

osh said:
TheDevilTorn said:

Back on topic......

With respect DT, this is not the post I am refering to at all. Steve ( mod) posted before me to keep things on topic ( quite rightly) as it had strayed concerning what the club were doing/not doing about the Voth ban ( no announcement until late in the week etc) so I did. I posted that the new website were not posting the latest news ( and it was no more than one line) steve originally replied to this and then my post, for whatever reason was totally deleted! Explain that one I ask? As for the childish comments, I don't know where to start really, but it lessens my will to post in future ( no doubt some will be pleased to hear) I will of course be contacting the club to express my disappontment with the very late announcement regarding the postponing of the game, it came way to late and as someone has already pointed out, the clubs excuse focused on cash flow etc, but the tickets had already been sold, they already had the punters money in the first place.
Ah OK Osh, apologies. I thought perhaps that was the post you referred to. I don't know why such a post would be deleted either, but there you go. I do agree with you about the postponement. It should of been on the Devils site immediately for obvious reasons and why it wasn't postponed the night before astounds me.

Perhaps 1 or 2 posts could be deemed as childish but in the heat of the moment and with all thats gone on its hardly surprising in all honesty.

TheStub

And now, perhaps we can keep this on topic.

This thread is berate the Steelers awful display, and point out that Campbell should get a life ban from the league, and Simon for fielding the player.

It amazes me that Campbell is still allowed to play in this league, and why anyone would sign such a dirty player is beyond me. He just cheap shots and make dangerous, cowardly hits.

Chris

Administrator
Osh you have another pm :)

If people don't like certain posts then use the report post feature which can be found on every post, the mods don't read every single post going and there's always going to be stuff missed. If it's such a big issue, pm one of us.

So, back on topic...

Chris.

drainage

devils2001uk said:
the only thing that worries me now is that we got a double head with them in the new year!

You have been banned from this board until Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:48 am.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

Reason given for ban: Stop wasting my time reporting every post you dont like. 7 day banu

A ban has been issued on your username.

hahaha you got love them
Looks like we know who writes the Elite Leagues releases !!

Wannabe2

TheStub said:
And now, perhaps we can keep this on topic.

This thread is berate the Steelers awful display, and point out that Campbell should get a life ban from the league, and Simon for fielding the player.

It amazes me that Campbell is still allowed to play in this league, and why anyone would sign such a dirty player is beyond me. He just cheap shots and make dangerous, cowardly hits.
Hope he doesnt go before the end of the season, we owe that prat big time, and wouldnt want to be cheated out of seeing him get his come uppence.

Finny

Thread starter #31
devils2001uk said:
You have been banned from this board until Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:48 am.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

Reason given for ban: Stop wasting my time reporting every post you dont like. 7 day banu

A ban has been issued on your username.
7 Day Bay?
Pfffftt. You're still an amateur!

ASHIPP

Wannabe2 said:
Taken of Steelers forum
Was told Munn had to sit out minimum of 10 days with the concussion he picked up last week in Cardiff, but that he is making good progress and should be fine to ice against the Panthers next week.

Friend I have at game said Campbell match penalty was richly deserved, Vipers player on floor and Campbell throwing punches even though Vipers player didn't want to fight, continuing even when Carson tried to pull him away. He is a liability and needs replacing in my view, although will reserve my view on this incident until I
And Ben Simon has the audacity to say in an article last week that he is concerned his players don't get protection! Pot, kettle, pink! :roll:

Campbell was saying in the press last week that it was important that the Vipers survive. Why, so that he could kill them himself?

Well thats clear as day. Time to really see what the elite league is made of! Clear elbow.. okay to be fair that would be game maybe match but following it up with the clear blows to the head. Ben Simon is probably having breakfast with Mr French at the moment to discuss how to get them out of this.

Edit: Just heard the vipers player is getting a 3 game ban for cushioning the blows.

I think the league is kinda ruining the game with bans everywhere...

But with the bans that have been handed out recently, that's got a ban for sucker-punching at the very least. The elbow to the head is kinda a bit more tricky, now the league has banned Voth 3 games for causing 'injury', it will be interesting to see what happens here (or what doesn't happen). I mean Clark was deemed injured even though he continued icing - the league need to clear up their definition of 'injury' really. Can they play on? Do they need to be diagnosed with something in the hospital (which Clark obviously wasn't by his appearance the following night)?

Anybody know if the Vipers player continued playing?

You lot are getting more obsessed with us than Nottingham are ;)

Personally I never wanted Campbell, brings nothing to the team and is too much of a liability.

There's no place for what he did so a ban should rightly be enforced. Maybe 1 or 2 games extra.

steve

the whole league should be a little 'obsessed' with you guy's at the moment.

the way the steelers operate reflects badly on the whole league. i was really positive about sheffield at the start of the year - a new coach who looked class, and a new management regime. unfortunately the organisation continues to make a mockery of the league, continues to complain about everything and shows very little class in terms of its media output.

the sooner you guy's get new ownership/management and start playing hockey the better for everyone.

Finny

Thread starter #40
Is it elbows? Looks more like a sucker punch to me.

He then continues to throw punches at his opponent who offers no resistant and ignores the linesmen trying to get him off.

IMO that should be 2 game ban for the suckerpunch and an extra 3 for the disgraceful on the ice.