Devils Website - Is it working???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to drag this thread up again, but I have just read last nights report. It seems a bit more comprehensive than a few of the others. I don't have a problem with it being a bit late if it is a better standard.

I can't always get to games, so anything on the web no matter how late is a bonus for me

Russky

I would argue that it is of a better standard than its predecessors, that is irrelevant. Its comprehensive nature is probably due to the fact that the current writer is NOT restricted by a word count limit! Also how come the writer is not credited at the bottom of the report? Just Curious! :roll: Unless the writer has a specific reason to protect their anonymity!

Russky said:
I would argue that it is of a better standard than its predecessors, that is irrelevant. Its comprehensive nature is probably due to the fact that the current writer is NOT restricted by a word count limit! Also how come the writer is not credited at the bottom of the report? Just Curious! :roll:

You obviously have insider knowledge of how the reports were / are put together!

So for that matter this is not a fair debate! - I'm out.

If you have some sort of greivence with something, why try to make an open debate by implications and insinuations?

I suggest that you are not curious, but are trying to force some agenda.

If things have changed which you seem to be implying, then it must be like everything else at the club this season. Hiccup after hiccup, but we seem to have come up smelling of roses more often than not.

Russky

Jack Reacher said:
You obviously have insider knowledge of how the reports were / are put together!

So for that matter this is not a fair debate! - I'm out.

If you have some sort of greivence with something, why try to make an open debate by implications and insinuations?

I suggest that you are not curious, but are trying to force some agenda.

If things have changed which you seem to be implying, then it must be like everything else at the club this season. Hiccup after hiccup, but we seem to have come up smelling of roses more often than not.
1 I am not trying to force any agenda or instigating any debate - fair or otherwise!

2 No insuations or implications - you are reading far too much into my previous comment

3 I do happen to know as one of the previous writers of the reports and he has shared with me how he puts the reports together!

4 Why so tetchy and defensive? No need to be! Unless you yourself are involved in the machinations of the higher echelons of the Devils backroom staff!

Sorry mate - newly unemployed insurance salesman! that gets to for too few games due to lack of funds

therefore website and other information is important to me

I apologise if I have been reading something between the lines that isn't here

but by your own postings you have something to do with the club , and you just haven't wanted to let go of certain issues, therefore I obviously wrongly assumed you had issues

like i siad I'm out........

Russky said:
Why so tetchy and defensive? No need to be! Unless you yourself are involved in the machinations of the higher echelons of the Devils backroom staff!
Why are we still hung up on the "machinations of the higher echelons of the Devils backroom staff"? I thought we had all moved on. Leave the politics to the politicians. If changes are afoot as you seem to be insinuating, be they on the ice or off, can we not let the club get on with it. They are not doing too badly so far are they? As someone has already said, if this is all we've got to whine about, the new generation Cardiff Devils are obviously doing something right.

Russky

fao Jack Reacher!

Welcome to the inferno! I guess you are a VERY recent joinee to this friendly forum of devoted Devils fans! How come I havent seen you post on other more populated threads as well or are you still too bashful to post too many times? Hope to bump into you at a game some time, I am a steward usually working by block 11 stairs. why not pop along and say hi!

dave

Russky Have you retired from writing match reports then??
If so I guess that explains why they have had to find someone new to do some.

Just checked the first match programme and looks like Rhythem has always been part
of the management team and not newly moved there as you seem to suggest....
You talk to him a lot before games so I guess you have talked to him directly about any concerns you have...

TheStub

Website seems to be getting updated in a timely manner again, so obviously what ever has gone on is settling down.

This year's website is an improvement over last years update frequency, and with the blip looking like it was temporary I just hope it continues/improves further.

It would be nice to see the updates reaching the Steelers standards. Say what you like about Simmsy, he knows how to communicate. They seem to manage the match reports and at least one coach interview over a weekend - and usually a player interview midweek. Without widespread coverage in the media, this is the best way to get the coverage of the teams out there.

So well done Devils - lets build on this site :D

TheStub said:
It would be nice to see the updates reaching the Steelers standards. Say what you like about Simmsy, he knows how to communicate. They seem to manage the match reports and at least one coach interview over a weekend - and usually a player interview midweek. Without widespread coverage in the media, this is the best way to get the coverage of the teams out there.
Sadly I have to agree with you. I have'nt got much time for the guy but he does get the Steelers brand in your face all the time, which from a PR point of view is excellent.

TheStub

There is no doubting that Simms is a PR guy through and through.

As much as he annoys me, you cut him and he would have teal and orange inside - and he gets that passion for his club out there.

Plus, all the work he does on the TV coverage - for all it's short comings, you have to applaud them for getting it out there.

Simmsy without the ego would be nice, but then he wouldn't be the guy he is. Not sure many of the Steelers fans like they guy :lol: He is that annoying mate you have around, because they are often funny, and their heart is in the right place.

Now, a Welsh version for the Devils. Can you imagine. They would never shut up :lol:

Russky

dave said:

Just checked the first match programme and looks like Rhythem has always been part
You talk to him a lot before games so I guess you have talked to him directly about any concerns you have...

Dave aka Rhythm aka Jack Reacher is it all the same person I wonder! Like Clark Kent and Superman or Bruce Wayne and Batman, you never see both of them at the same time!!!lol!

Yes I have withdrawn from writing match reports as it was having to much of an effect on my work and Personal life! As for the other guy who did the website match reports on a regular basis, I cant speak for him.

From what I know Rhythm was involved a few seasons back, during the BNL days. As far as I knew from talking to him and people associated closely to him, he took a sabatical, immersed himself in other interests but reappeared on the scene just before the start of this season, how that counts as always been on the management team is beyond me!

I do not want this to become a personal thing. I am also aware this thread is going way off topic so can one of the mods bring it to a reasonable close, if their is no other good reason for it to remain open!

Finny

I think Russky, the person meant that Rhythm has been on the management team since the start of the season and is not a new sudden addition which coincided with the website changes.

As you have decided to retire from from writing the Match Reports Russky, I would like to thank you for all the time you've spent on them - as I'm sure many Devils fans who rely on the website would too. I know how much time it can take and how it is hard to be as impartial as possible when at times you want to be more critical.

It does appear that the writers in the programme and the website are changing, and those that have 'retired' should also be thanked. I have no idea why they have decided to call it a day, but changes do occur every season although it is strange for these to happen midseason.

I don't want to lock this thread and I hope that it will slowly slip down the table without anyone taking offence.

Edit: Damn - Over ruled! :lol:

dave

Russky said:
dave said:

Yes I have withdrawn from writing match reports as it was having to much of an effect on my work and Personal life! As for the other guy who did the website match reports on a regular basis, I cant speak for him.

!
As finny said..

Always enjoy reading match reports so Thank You for your contribution over the years....

Russky

Thanks guys! Its nice to be appreciated for ones efforts! :D

I am sure all the programe writing team will want to share in this and they are more than welcome to! Its not an individual effort but a team effort and that includes the editor and the printers i.e. Richard Murray and the team at Doverco!

Russky

TheStub said:
Now, a Welsh version for the Devils. Can you imagine. They would never shut up :lol:
No offence intended but I think we already have him, but I leave you to guess who it is! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.