Devils Vs Storm - League- 5th & 8th Jan 22 - Rearrangement Spectacular

Slartibartfast

Wow that was tense. Storm are very good in their own barn and that small ice pad catches out a lot of teams. But a great effort saw it through. I thought we did look a bit more physical in the first and towards the end but went a bit soft in the middle. But the 3 lines continue to click and are having no trouble scoring. The Ben Davies goal was amazing. It rebounded off the boards and he caught it mid air backhanded at an impossible angle.

Wannabe2

Just surprised you would say that about two warriors who have put their body on the line for this club countless times over the years.
Unfortunately that’s history now, and a great great shame and it sucks to say it. We are winning and that’s good but our most emotional and big hearted players who shows their hearts for this club are Cox and Sanford.

Wow that was tense. Storm are very good in their own barn and that small ice pad catches out a lot of teams. But a great effort saw it through. I thought we did look a bit more physical in the first and towards the end but went a bit soft in the middle. But the 3 lines continue to click and are having no trouble scoring. The Ben Davies goal was amazing. It rebounded off the boards and he caught it mid air backhanded at an impossible angle.
Ben Davies assist on Manchesters second goal was amazing too

Diablo3

We made harder work of that than we should have at 6-3, but some strange referee decisions didn't help. Wannabe you can add Crandall to Cox and Sanford for heart. He went steaming in when they were slashing Kozun. Loved the shit-housery from Carruth at the end.

Hockeymad

We made harder work of that than we should have at 6-3, but some strange referee decisions didn't help. Wannabe you can add Crandall to Cox and Sanford for heart. He went steaming in when they were slashing Kozun. Loved the shit-housery from Carruth at the end.
I seen a lot of shithousery on twitter about carruth but what did he do.

Wannabe2

Spot on mate my bad on missing that as it was a certainty.

Diablo3

I seen a lot of shithousery on twitter about carruth but what did he do.
At the end of game Carruth skated on the ice to congratulate his team into the shoulder of one of the Storm players and falling to the ice. TBH I don't think the storm player saw him as he was looking at his own team, but it did produce a tense few minutes as both teams then went on the offensive. Fortunately the refs stood between the teams to prevent loads of bans.

Devil94

Just spotted the Coughler incident, happened immediately after the Carruth one. Looks more like a slash really than a spear. Hopefully he gets away with it.

jenks33

Unpopular opinion I’m sure but Carruth gets involved in too much nonsense for my liking. I love him as a goalie but he goes looking for confrontation too often and I find it unnecessary. I’m sure he would say that’s his game/personality but I don’t like it.

I appreciate some goalies are like that. I’m a Colorado fan and Patrick Roy was very confrontational. Same goes for Jordan Binnington, he likes to be the centre of attention. I just think you need to pick and choose your moments and I’m not sure Carruth always picks the right time to get involved.

Last edited:

BostonBart22

Just spotted the Coughler incident, happened immediately after the Carruth one. Looks more like a slash really than a spear. Hopefully he gets away with it.
Not seen it, so cant comment, but if a ban is warranted so be it , as long as its wed and just the 1 game as we play belfast friday..

Wannabe2

The Coughler incident is a slash definately and I don’t blame him, Hamilton sees Carruth coming onto the ice as the game has finished, and purposely does a upwards motion with his shoulder knocking Carruth to the ice, which results in Coughler slashing him. Emotions were very high with the game on a knife edge at 5-6. How the hell crandall gets a penalty, Kozun has the puck Ehrhardt takes a stab at it with his stick, then Critchlow does the same so Crandall shoved him as you do and a rumpus ensues, with only Crandall getting a penalty.

Mazzoak

Some people just don’t seem to be happy, we boring, we moan, we get physical, we moan. Jesus, what happened, we used to love team punch up at the WNIR.
Tough game, great result and l love Carruth’s no f8ks given approach and at least the new guy knows how to mark the territory. That should stop teams taking liberties with us.