Devils Vs Storm - League- 5th & 8th Jan 22 - Rearrangement Spectacular

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Devils will face (checks notes) Manchester Storm at (checks notes) the IAW on (checks notes) 5th January and again away at the Altringham almost BBT on Saturday 8th. All subject to neither team falling into Covid protocols of course. Devils will be playing behind closed doors again on Wednesday.
Manchester have been having a pretty good run of it recently and aren't that far off the pace all things considered so should be 2 good games.

Devil94

Crandall back tonight, on the top line with Dixon and Reid.

McNally still out. Waller listed as the rotating forward on his own on the 4th, he might be carrying a knock.

Carruth starts.

kettdevil1

I've lost the plot about this..... has any decision been made about playing in front of crowds in the future yet? I thought originally the Devils had been told just two games, this will be the third so.... any idea if there is any sign of it ending?

Wannabe2

The restrictions was for 2 weeks taking us to the 8th Jan, so a Saturday game would still be behind closed doors. So the club made those decision to help with fixture congestion.

BostonBart22

The restrictions was for 2 weeks taking us to the 8th Jan, so a Saturday game would still be behind closed doors. So the club made those decision to help with fixture congestion.
Hope Drakeford sorts it out soon, not just for the clubs finances, but for the fans well being, hopefully v Belfast on 22nd jan

kettdevil1

Ta. Any idea when the review will be? From a credibility of the league point of view, it would really be helpful for these restrictions (and the Scottish ones) to be lifted shortly

tim78

Yep it came across as a fire break for those 2 weeks, I can understand moving a game into that time frame if it's needed.

I would expect us from now on in to follow other teams from this point and push them out, otherwise we'll finish the league months before the rest of the league and miss out on live action.

terry hunt

The First Minister said last week that he expects the peak of this wave to be at the end of the month. So I think its unlikely anything will change for Wales, and Scotland in January.

As for tonight. A 4-2 win for us, and McNulty to prove them wrong.
Apparently some discussions are under consideration for Wales to play in England.
Which stadium they would use is good for speculation

Diafol

Imagine the uproar if that happened though ?
Knowing our politicians' loyalty to egg chasing, this will probably mean an exemption for the Principality Stadium while we are still watching Devils games from home.

Devil94

Apparently some discussions are under consideration for Wales to play in England.
Which stadium they would use is good for speculation
Ashton Gate in Bristol would be the obvious choice for me. A bit small but you want somewhere that will sell out. Don't think it will get to that though.

E.D.S.

This is a big test for us tonight. They've got agitators, skill and they look a well organised team and Ginn is a very good nettie. I'd take an OT win here but hope it doesn't go that far.

The WRU are considering hosting games in England, maybe the Devils should too, I suggest a mass away game trip starting at the Senedd.

BostonBart22

what baffles me is england are in a worse state than wales, and what happens a darts tornament full of a beer swilling crowd indoors no masks , no social distance, well over a thousand fans i believe.