Devils Vs Storm - League- 5th & 8th Jan 22 - Rearrangement Spectacular

Wolfie

Can we just take a moment to appreciate Sandford taking a penalty for, in the words of the commentators, "Being in the way". I'm not entirely convinced that there was a penalty in that play.

Overall a rocky start but a good comeback and a convincing victory!

ASHIPP

Another valuable 2 points. Well played tonight Devils.
All they can do is concentrate on one game at a time and keep playing, This is building momentum and confidence for the Team right now.

TL91

Can we just take a moment to appreciate Sandford taking a penalty for, in the words of the commentators, "Being in the way". I'm not entirely convinced that there was a penalty in that play.

Yeh that was ridiculous…the storm fella goes to check him, misses, hits the deck and Sanford gets the penalty…why don’t the officials review these things?

Wannabe2

As you say, that was never a penalty in a million years, the worse call all night without a doubt.

Tie-breaking criteria
ELITE LEAGUE
When teams have played an unequal number of games, the team having played the fewest will be ranked higher.
In the event of teams being equal on points at the end of a season, the following criteria will decide the final league ranking;
i. Total number of points.
ii. Total number of games won in regulation time.
iii. Total number of all games won (regulation, overtime and penalties).
iv. The results of games played between the relevant teams by applying points won, games won in regulation time, all games won (regulation time/overtime/penalties), in that order of priority.
v. Fewest regulation losses.
vi. Using away games: – points won, games won in regulation time, all games won (regulation time/overtime/penalties), in that order of priority.
vii. Goals scored.
viii. Goal Difference
ix. Fewest Penalty Minutes (Fair Play)
x. In the unlikely event of teams still being equal, teams will be ranked by the drawing of lots. Any prize monies determined by the position in a league or group by this means will be shared equally by the tying teams.
xi. Where a group of two or more teams is tied, then whenever a team can be eliminated due to the above order of priority, it shall be, by applying each of the above stages in order of such priority.