Devils Vs Storm - League - 4th Nov 23 - FO 19:00

E.D.S.

I didn’t attend last nights game so this opinion is pre- the Manchester game but Batch has played really well this season, the last few weeks he’s been defensively sound and positionally excellent. Someone has already mentioned that he’s cut down on his giveaways. The challenge I think we have is that we don’t have a firing first line and certainly this season it isn’t a line that will win us a trophy.

ASHIPP

Hoping the team get back to the standard we hope for starting tonight. Very surreal game for all the players last night. Both squads were very brave to overcome anxiety to play but perhaps Devils' first game back might have been better as an away game due to the emotion in our building.

Fantastic and tasteful memorial for AJ47 and if anyone missed the lovely floral tributes for Adam at the top end of the main arena doors , they should visit that area.

If tonight's performance is still lacking, would hope PR will change things up. He has extra players he can slot in. We were sorely missing Chad's energy and determination last night. The MSC line is misfiring at the mo....are some players in a deep funk, and letting their line mates down? Poor Joey must be frustrated right now... as ever, he was trying to create things last night which fell at the last hurdle due to others. Would like to see Crandall moved onto that line and someone not up to par rested (or benched...NHL coaches do that with players who don't perform right?) Crandall has changed his style a bit this season... hardworking, big bodied player who is unselfish, could screen the goalie or get in the dirty areas.

Last edited:

kettdevil1

I echo what a lot of people are saying and really won't want to be critical of the performance. It was understandably subdued and really atypical of our performances this season.

Going forward the Cox-Martin-Sanford line really does need one to go in off one of their backsides, their collective confidence is at an all time low and I would like to see far more focus on getting it to Alderton for a one timer. He seemed frustrated before his goal as he drifts into position but wasn't spotted.

Hopefully tonight will be a more intense performance as it is likely to be a tough battle in Glasgow

Rempel16

I think we have differing opinions here which is fine. I didn’t see Critch checking the netminder which to be fair, would make it quite difficult to try and rough him up as a devils player! I would just like to see a little bit more hwyl from our boys, if anything just to create an atmosphere and provide a bit of intimidation.
however given the weekend, that may not have been the most appropriate thing which I do concede
I am the first to jump on the team if I think we have been bullied or failed to react to certain incidents / situations.

But for me, and just my opinion, it was recognised as the d-man’s fault (Donaghey I think) immediately and that’s why there was none.

Tonight I’m expecting to see a little bit more, and Friday, against the storm again, I’m expecting us to go to war if needs be… but last night I wouldn’t have grumbled if it was a non-contact game.

Apologies if I've missed it in the thread but does anyone know how much was raised for the AJ47 fundraiser? I noticed the Devils haven't said anything about it yet and no money has been added to the fundraiser.

Last edited:

BostonBart22

Apologies if I've missed it in the thread but does anyone know how much was raised for the AJ47 fundraiser? I noticed the Devils haven't said anything about it yet and no money has been added to the fundraiser.
Only fife has added to go fund of 2300 pounds, which is really good for a smaller club, I believe their fans donated over 1000 as well..