Devils Vs Storm - League - 4th Nov 23 - FO 19:00

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
In a rescheduled game, Devils face the Storm Saturday night in the bay. We've already seen the Storm a fair bit this season and they are doing rather well so far. A win for the Devils would leapfrog them in the league however. If like me you can't make this rescheduled fixture there is are an array of options open to you on the Devils site.

moggy#9

I'm actually really surprised that fixtures are going ahead this weekend, but I guess that they have to restart at some point and after a time it gets harder. Not to mention the financial stress on the clubs if they don't play.

I wonder what sort of game it will be and hope all of the players are coping.

BostonBart22

I'm actually really surprised that fixtures are going ahead this weekend, but I guess that they have to restart at some point and after a time it gets harder. Not to mention the financial stress on the clubs if they don't play.

I wonder what sort of game it will be and hope all of the players are coping.
Yes I'm sure it will be hard for the players and some fans to take in after last week's events .Will take a few games to get back into a full blooded game, expecting a low key game tbh , which is expected in the circumstances .

moggy#9

Will Steelers and panthers really need able to resume any time soon? What's worse, imagine being the player signed in to take Adam Johnson's place in the panthers line up.

BostonBart22

Just wondering if Fridays game 10th will be postponed v storm and replaced by Nottingham away or Sheffield home, that's if they are ready to play that is .

ASHIPP

Recent statements suggest ongoing investigations for some time.....how does this affect those 2 teams and their clubs?

Last edited:

BostonBart22

Recent statements suggest ongoing investigations for some time.....how does this affect the those 2 teams and their clubs?
Can see the lge extended by 2 weeks at least , but then gotta think of playoffs and GB games..Will have to play soon than later unfortunately.

moggy#9

Recent statements suggest ongoing investigations for some time.....how does this affect the those 2 teams and their clubs?
I would imagine that there's all sorts off information that needs to be gathered for the inquest. I wonder what sort of impact that has on both the club and the venue. Is it possible they might not be be allowed to resume playing home matches?

Kevlar68

Just shown on GMB that the inquest starts this morning. I'm sure that everything will be examined thoroughly and as much time as it needs will be taken to make sure they come to a correct conclusion for all involved.
Difficult time for family, team mates, fans and opposition.

I think it's right that other fixtures go ahead and just sort out panthers and steelers fixtures when they can.

Kevlar68

Will there be a minutes applause at the 47th minute, anyone know if anything is planned please.
Applause seems to be gaining more tributes as it's celebratory of the person's life not the silence of their death. Either way I'm sure it will be held in a manner fitting and respected.

Devils86

I would imagine that there's all sorts off information that needs to be gathered for the inquest. I wonder what sort of impact that has on both the club and the venue. Is it possible they might not be be allowed to resume playing home matches?
Doubt there will be any impact to Panthers being able to host home games - it's not a suggestion that the building was at fault for example, which would then of course be another matter.

Other posters referenced Panthers and Steelers making up their games - I could see some CC games being scrapped as a last resort but Steelers have their little pad available if the big rink is booked and they can't fit the rescheduled fixtures in.

Not sure about Panthers - whether the small pad in Sheffield or Blaze could help out if they too struggle to complete rescheduled fixtures due to other events at the Motorpoint.

Can't see the playoffs or GB games being affected - but some players may be playing longer and have a shorter gap until those games.

As for getting back to hockey, will be subdued tomorrow and maybe a bit surreal. But we need to get back at some point and if the the players can do it then we can too

ASHIPP

Devils up against an excellent goalie and a Storm team that is hardworking, aggressive with incessant forechecking and backchecking......all the things our team should be.
Storm snuffed out any possible attempt the Devils made to mount an attack and made our forwards look very wishy washy.
We were losers on the turnovers tonight and, I'm afraid to say, the pp still stinks. If it was functioning properly, the score line might have been closer.

Devils86

So...positives: wonderful tributes to Johnson tonight both before and during game; THAT slap shot from Alderson is a thing of beauty.

Apart from that we let a mediocre side with a decent NM take the points without too much effort. A couple of truly awful calls from the strips sealed it but we didn't deserve to win that game. You simply don't win games when you don't shoot. Last season I hated the drop pass on the PP, this season it's the no-look pass from behind our blue line into the slot...

PR should make a point of how empty and quiet that arena was at the end. Matched the effort put in by some. No nights off? Not sure about that...

That top line needs to be broken up and no way Duggan (and/or Chad if fit) sits ahead of Cox who had a stinker again.

I've no problem losing to better teams, or more organized teams or teams who just fight and want it more...but tonight we just didn't bother.

And then tomorrow we'll be unplayable....

Devils86

I didn’t see tonight’s game but the Cox, Martin, Sanford line haven’t got going this season yet. I assume it was a similar story tonight? Any opinions on why they’ve started so slowly? Personally I think Joey is just going through a bad patch and it’s nothing to do with his relationship with PR, I might be wrong but that’s just my gut feeling.
I’m slightly more concerned about the relationship between PR and Cox + Sanford though. PR is clearly a coach that wants players on his roster that are responsible at both ends of the ice and I’m not convinced Cox and Sanford are his type of forwards. The best coaches will get the best out of the players they’ve inherited so fingers crossed things get better but I get the feeling they might be at loggerheads all season. I hope I’m way off but that’s what I’m thinking at the moment.
I don't see that problem with Sanford to be honest he is a bit more defensively responsible this season. They just all lack the confidence to put their stick through the puck...a couple of breakaways tonight and still looking for the pass!