Devils Vs Steelers - March 21st -7pm - Chat/Updates

Wannabe2

KaneDevils said:
Wont comment too much on the game but thought Steelers deserved it. Don't think we were quite good enough to be frank. :cry:

Darnell/Hicks calling 1 penalty the entire game and not against Cardiff!! That MUST be a record and will surely never happen again!
I watched the same game as you, on the night I thought we were outplayed. What happened to Batch didn't see him ice, myself I miss Jessie,

august04

backrow said:
The Devils played a great game tonight and were the better team but just didn't get any breaks especially from the two stiffs out there, Darnell and Hicks. There were at least 5 or 6 infractions that could have been called against the Steelers during the course of the game but they weren't. Saying "Let the players play" sounds great but not if a team is allowed to get away with repeated trips and interference calls.
The first Steelers goal came after failed clearing attempts by the Devils and the 2nd Steelers goal never should have happened with a player left alone in front of the net meanwhile at the other end the Devils missed on several great chances.
The fans should be proud of the players effort tonight!
Good point. The Devils main offensive threat this year has been the powerplay and by keeping the whistle in their pockets all night, the refs negated a key area for the Devils. We should have roughed them up some more if they weren't calling anything, mind you the bigger hits seemed to come from the Steelers which I was surprised at. In the past two weeks, the chuckle brothers have completely changed from the way they've refereed the whole season. Gone from calling everything to calling nothing!

KaneDevils

Probably get cyber abused for this, but Im pleased for G.

Slightly amazed at a coach with no tactical awareness or no plan B who plays boring hockey wins the league, but he has!

Congrats G

Congratulations to Sheffield on winning the league tonight.

#ForAmy
Indeed. God bless young lady!

devils don't throw big hits when they play away and big game players never showed up tonight devils played good first period but died second

osh

Congratulations to Sheffield and congratulations to Devils for giving us a great season, roll on the play offs. We can still end the season with 2 pieces of silverware.

Great effort Cardiff players staff and the most important part you the fans..if you manage to hold on to most of your great roster then youll be a tough team to stop next season...congrats to the Steelers

jimmy snels

I thought steelers deserved that. We did what i hope we wouldn't. We've got a squad of heavy hitters but didn't make a single hit. With the refs calling nothing that's even more bizarre. Missing jesse mychan IMO and he is a better player than sitting on the sidelines.
Lord martin Morrisette by far the best line again tonight. Could have snuck a win if not for some good netminding and slightly errant shooting. Guys turned up the heat last few minutes but felt we needed to do it much earlier not just when it got desperate. Gutted for the team and more importantly the fans, i really thought we might do it for a second. Never mind, hopefully with a core squad retained and good additions where needed i can see this squad getting there next season

backrow

I thought the Tahtinen, Culligan, Haddad line forechecked hard and played well also. They weren't on for either goal against and created some good scoring chances.

mazza03

I'm sad at the result but it's good for the sport, 4 different teams winning the league cup etc: Well done Cardiff Devils you have made us proud. It was the right result "for Amy" God bless her.

DevilDom

A very tight game which could easily have gone either way. Each team had spells in the game when they were on top, however the steelers managed to convert one more than we did. Not blaming anyone at all but 2 chances for Martin spring to mind when he was 1 on 1 in front of the net and Unice made excellent saves.

I liked the fact the refs let the game flow but you have to ask where is the consistency and why not do that every game? I think the steelers picked up on it and from the 2nd period onwards were a lot more physical than we were. I can however understand why devils were not given the tendency for them to get called.

It was a great effort for our un fancied team to take it this far against the big boys in our conference and we still have the real big one to go for in the play offs!

Earnie

Ah well. It was not to be. Like some others have noted where was the heavy hitting. Sheffield was more aggressive and the refs calling nothing.
It however has been(not finished yet) a brilliant season to be a Devils fan and I can't wait for next season and eventually moving into our new home.

I have to say it..............congratulations to Sheffield!

Who would have thought we would have gone in to the last weekend of the season still in contention for all remaining trophies and with one in the bag. It has been a great time to be associated with this club and the future looks bright

Hard luck for the lads could have gone anyway that game but a what a season the boys have had so far long may it continue as a season ticket holder would like to say what a great year thank you Andrew lord and all the players the owners o and todd what a differents a year as made can't wait for the play offs

august04

Just seen a couple of outrageous tweets from the Steelers Official Twitter account, regarding Marc Lefebvre, ex-Steeler and Coventry coach this year (until he was sacked). He even joined them in the dressing room for a celebratory pic! Totally classless club. Even if done in jest, to infer that the Coventry coach helped get the Steelers 6 points by losing games against them is unbelievable. Can you imagine a club getting away with this in any other professional sport? Maybe Marc Twaite was right?!

Here they are:

Agent @OfficialFavor11 your work is done. Come on home. The Family thank you.

Us win a title. That man @OfficialFavor11 those 6 points were vital Marc, joined the photo last night to celebrate pic.twitter.com/7L4RF5PmR0

Sheincar

I'm going to disagree with everyone about the fans last night. We were poor! Yes we were enthusiastic when we scored & then there was barely a peep except for a few pockets of fans trying to get things going. So far as the game itself, the team was slightly off. Passes didn't quite connect, hits weren't quite on. Yes Sheffield were not called for lots of things, no saying we wouldn't have been if we done the same & we have another game to play.Some things happened behind Darnell's back which Hicks didn't see, sometimes they were in front of them. Either way they weren't called. Do I think the better team won - no.But tonight's another game.

Sheincar said:
I'm going to disagree with everyone about the fans last night. We were poor! Yes we were enthusiastic when we scored & then there was barely a peep except for a few pockets of fans trying to get things going. So far as the game itself, the team was slightly off. Passes didn't quite connect, hits weren't quite on. Yes Sheffield were not called for lots of things, no saying we wouldn't have been if we done the same & we have another game to play.Some things happened behind Darnell's back which Hicks didn't see, sometimes they were in front of them. Either way they weren't called. Do I think the better team won - no.But tonight's another game.
Gotta agree with you. I was in one of these "pockets" in the far corner trying to drive chants and get the crowd into it, but nobody seemed interested. I know there were nerves, but the guys needed our support. Rather poor if you ask me. :roll:

jimmy snels

Perhaps if the team had responded with a few hits and getting stuck into a team that had gone to overtime the night before the devils fans might have kept going?

Sheincar

jimmy snels said:
Perhaps if the team had responded with a few hits and getting stuck into a team that had gone to overtime the night before the devils fans might have kept going?
The fans never got going. Or are we turning into fans who only support winning teams? The team needs support most when things not going their way. With Hicks & Darnell as refs who could tell which hits they would call & those they wouldn't. Called things tonight they didn't call yesterday.