Devils Vs steelers - League - 5th Jan 23 19:00 FO

BostonBart22

Nobody outside of the club knows, so the following opinion by a petulant child who clearly knows nothing & going on the what we do know I’d remove Jardine for the remainder of the season, replace him and reassess his health and needs for next season. That gives the coach & players more stability.
Did hear he has a 3 year deal...just saying

Swarley

I think they’re good friends so we probably won’t see any friction there. Hope I’m wrong though as McNally owned us in the cup.
Well if Mcnally takes liberties against our lot and Fournier does nothing about it he will go from being cheered to being booed, he's not here to chat with his friends he's here to play hockey and represent the logo on his jersey.

Gavevs88

Going to be a difficult one tonight, but if we want to have any aspirations of silverware this year these are the exact "4 point" games we need to start winning. If we play like we did NYE then we've got a great chance.

ASHIPP

Heart hopes for a good result, head is definitely saying a loss tonight. Steelers have great goal scoring on every line and a settled defence. Their special teams are consistent.

Devils still have new players settling in, new line combos adjusting, a defence in rotation, erratic power play execution.

Let's hope that the Devils' training this week has focused on all those things. Who can say whether it will be a tight game because with the last couple of encounters , the Steelers have shown that it's anything but that.

Wannabe2

4 point game tonight, huge game for both teams, myself I think we have to be physical to win it Steelers need to be knocked off their usual style. Fournier and McNally‘s friendship needs to be put on hold for awhile, and I think it will be, players respect that each other has a job to do, and being pals isnt part of their role. We most certainly need our A game tonight, play to our best and we should be fine but we need everyone to turn up tonight, let’s go lads.

Rempel16

Well if Mcnally takes liberties against our lot and Fournier does nothing about it he will go from being cheered to being booed, he's not here to chat with his friends he's here to play hockey and represent the logo on his jersey.
Whilst I agree with you that he's not here to chat with friends, none of the rest of the team were booed for letting McNally do what he did and most of the team played with him last year.

moggy#9

Heart hopes for a good result, head is definitely saying a loss tonight. Steelers have great goal scoring on every line and a settled defence. Their special teams are consistent.

Devils still have new players settling in, new line combos adjusting, a defence in rotation, erratic power play execution.

Let's hope that the Devils' training this week has focused on all those things. Who can say whether it will be a tight game because with the last couple of encounters , the Steelers have shown that it's anything but that.
The special teams are my biggest bugbear about the team this season. The fact that the team only seems to have one predictable system makes the pp easier to defend against, whilst players seemingly missing their assignments on the PK leads to us leaking.

I think I can remember one game where we tried something different on the pp (getting someone set up on Gretzky's office and someone else just outside the crease, with lots of movement) and it worked. The next game I saw we were back to looking for Reid on the one timer again though.

In past seasons the special teams were the first thing we got sorted at the start of the season. In fact chl campaigns demanded it. The fact that we are currently the worst I can remember on those measures bewilders me.

moggy#9

I missed the first 10 minutes as I was late getting in, but astonished to hear Murphy convent that we're 6th in the league in defensive zone face offs.

Pp looks frustrating again and some frightening passes through our own slot. We really have to start making plays on the percentages.

moggy#9

Listening to Murphy and adey you'd think that it was only the Steelers playing. I'm kinda used to Murphy and his one sided commentary when Belfast are playing, but it's pretty frustrating when the devils are playing well.

Vogon

Don't you want to know how solid the Sheffield goalie is by only going one goal down? And how good Sheffield are doing for a road game?