Devils Vs steelers - League - 5th Jan 23 19:00 FO

Kevlar68

It's my opinion, having one consistent nettie that a defence can rely on of course can improve performance.
If you have tandem with one nettie you can rely on you can attack more and another that needs more cover you have to defend more so it will effect the performance and how you play.
I've noticed you can never give a counter opinion or reasoning, you always attack but that's fine, you are whoever you are.
Anyway happy new year to you.

Last edited:

lloyd_jeff

Having 2 consistent netties cannot improve performance ?

Which is why l called your entitled opinion ridiculous.

Last edited:

moggy#9

Putting aside other questions, kozun is undeniably a better puck handler than bowns. With kozun in net the D can receive the puck on the blue line to restart a play, with bowns they'll need to retrieve it themselves. I could certainly see that making a difference to set up and tempo.

I've said for a very long time that it's a good thing to have a tandem that you trust. Quite aside from guarding against injury, it allows a coach to go by who is hot, who has the right style for a given opponent, it just to limit the effectiveness of opponents pre game scouting.

The problem is that, if Dupont has lost confidence in bowns, we have lost the benefits of a tandem and in effect have an expensive number two.

BostonBart22

Putting aside other questions, kozun is undeniably a better puck handler than bowns. With kozun in net the D can receive the puck on the blue line to restart a play, with bowns they'll need to retrieve it themselves. I could certainly see that making a difference to set up and tempo.

I've said for a very long time that it's a good thing to have a tandem that you trust. Quite aside from guarding against injury, it allows a coach to go by who is hot, who has the right style for a given opponent, it just to limit the effectiveness of opponents pre game scouting.

The problem is that, if Dupont has lost confidence in bowns, we have lost the benefits of a tandem and in effect have an expensive number two.
And I believe bowns has a 3 year contract as with jardine, but can't see either lasting that term...just saying

moggy#9

And I believe bowns has a 3 year contract as with jardine, but can't see either lasting that term...just saying
If that's true, I think giving bowns a 3 year contract is crazy. It was obvious from his time in Europe and from the world championships that, although still a good keeper, he's not the dominant force he once was. Jardine I can see though.

lloyd_jeff

Contracts can be renegotiated & withdrawn. They tend to be based on performance & it’s a business and their performance must match expectations. Just like fans are entitled to expect a level of performance that’s matches the ticket price, owners expect a level of performance from their players. If not then players can be shown the door, and fans can request refunds, unless it’s specified in the T&C’s, although generally the price reflects the level of competence of a club. In the same way you wouldn’t pay a player more than their worth. If there is a reasonable difference between the two then it can be challenged, so a 3 yr contract means nothing if the player has performed poorly or a club is well below the competence of others.