Devils Vs steelers - CC 1/4F - 14th Dec 22 - 19:30 FO - Part 2 Spectacular

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Devils 'welcome' the steelers to the bay for some Wednesday night sudden death winner takes all 1/4 final hockey. Devils need to win by 5 goals or more to progress which is entirely possible .. depending on which Devils team shows up. The first game in our 3-in-5 home stand, tickets are only a tenner and a game of hockey is guaranteed.

Kevlar68

Dear EIHL,
please please please get rid of this competition next season or at least give it a new exciting format as the endless pointless group games even though great for revenue are so mundane.
This would make a middle aged mans Christmas wish come true.
You will find under the tree a mince pie, milk and a large brown bulky stuffed envelope.
Merry Christmas
Kevlar68

Rempel16

I was thinking more as the Coach myself, loves Cardiff, proud Devil, knows the league and understands what makes Devils tick, don’t take any crap and well respected.
I know you were. He's a great guy, although I'm still not in the anti-Dupont camp yet.

And Hendo would probably admit himself that he's way passed prime these days!

MA18

We won’t be attending unfortunately.
50mile round trip, 730pm FO on a school night, shocking 1st leg performance/result and a huge uphill task isn’t really ticking many boxes.
I hope I’m proved wrong and we get a result but think we’ll risk it on this occasion.
Social media post says 300 tickets left, I’ll bet my mortgage on there being more like 1,000 empty seats.

matbur

Dear EIHL,
please please please get rid of this competition next season or at least give it a new exciting format as the endless pointless group games even though great for revenue are so mundane.
This would make a middle aged mans Christmas wish come true.
You will find under the tree a mince pie, milk and a large brown bulky stuffed envelope.
Merry Christmas
Kevlar68
Couldn't agree more. Three trophies being contested by 10 teams is too many and the competition format is undeniably bloated.

Understand the need to generate income through these games but I don't understand why they don't just expand them the league season.

Finny

Couldn't agree more. Three trophies being contested by 10 teams is too many and the competition format is undeniably bloated.

Understand the need to generate income through these games but I don't understand why they don't just expand them the league season.
Expanding the league season would mean an extra 18 games.
The CC format at the moment guarantees an extra 6-8 games (depending on the group you're in). If you get to the final that is a maximum of 13 games.
So even if you scrapped the CC completely then you'd still be trying to fit in an extra 5-12 games.

I don't think three trophies is too many. We have had 4 trophies in the past.
I think the CC group stage does need a re-jig - maybe two groups of 5 to give a bit more variety? Only problem with that is deciding how to organise the groups.

BostonBart22

Due to work commitments , won't be there tonight, hoping for any win for the devils to build a momentum going into the latter part of the season, hope you fans see a win at least . 4...2 devils..

Hedd Wyn John

Coughler is still out.

If I recall correctly (someone feel free to correct me) in the Q&A Todd on Saturday said they'd expected him back on Wednesday and they hadn't brought in any cover as they thought he'd be due back any week now.

BostonBart22

Coughler is still out.

If I recall correctly (someone feel free to correct me) in the Q&A Todd on Saturday said they'd expected him back on Wednesday and they hadn't brought in any cover as they thought he'd be due back any week now.
Is that 6 weeks now without cover ? Don't think they will risk him the weekend either . Although he will need a few games b4 conti cup final in January