Devils Vs Steelers - 3 Mar 19 - League

august04

Just a thought here, while several people are saying the Steelers were awful, could that just be because we didn't let them have the puck much. The same team did destroy the Giants last night (Nice one Steelers) so they can't be that bad.
It’s not just that. The calibre of player on their roster is nowhere near what they used to have, not that long ago. They have a few decent players still but an awful lot of crap. They’re going to finish 6/7/8th probably and that says it all for a club that should be near the top. I thought MK had better players in truth, was much more impressed with them recently than Steelers this season. How they beat the Giants, I just don’t know.

Earnie

Hard to believe that Sheffield team beat Giants the night before!
We had a few near misses in the first and took off the heat in the third. Could have been 10-0. Bownsy was a gem. Our fourth line was very conspicuous and effective.

Gazza272

What I simply cannot understand, is how easy our zone entry has been against them. Time and Time and again we sauntered into their zone unchallenged.

In saying that, let's not get too hung on on this, they can be a different proposition in their own barn, and we will need to be at our best.

Finny

What I simply cannot understand, is how easy our zone entry has been against them. Time and Time and again we sauntered into their zone unchallenged.

In saying that, let's not get too hung on on this, they can be a different proposition in their own barn, and we will need to be at our best.
We were saying the same too. It was only when we tried to over-complicate it that we had issues. If we just picked up the puck and skated straight at them through the middle they let us do it without a challenge!

E.D.S.

I think Reddick has been superb these last few weeks. He's really stepping up. Positionally he's been brilliant and his puck carrying has taken so much pressure off. Offensively he's been strong too. In my eyes he's gone from doing the hard graft and largely unnoticeable things really well to being a real presence and go-to guy. Great work and great to see.

Bownsy played superbly last night. He gets a lot of grief when we ship goals so to have a weekend like home did deserves much praise.

Hedd Wyn John

Just a thought here, while several people are saying the Steelers were awful, could that just be because we didn't let them have the puck much. The same team did destroy the Giants last night (Nice one Steelers) so they can't be that bad.
In fairness to the Steelers they got plenty of shots on goal, they hit the post at least once. Bowns made a number of great stops & their players amongst all that had a few strong scoring opportunities but they failed to take them.

Ocko

We ship a load of goals and win a few multi goal thrillers - our defence is terrible and need tightening up or we have no chance. Not happy with the team.

We make defensive adjustments, shut the door on opposition forwards - boring, worst game of the season.

Sometimes you just can’t win.

For me, 2 points is all that matters

august04

We ship a load of goals and win a few multi goal thrillers - our defence is terrible and need tightening up or we have no chance. Not happy with the team.

We make defensive adjustments, shut the door on opposition forwards - boring, worst game of the season.

Sometimes you just can’t win.

For me, 2 points is all that matters
I don’t think anyone is criticising the Devils in this thread. We can only deal with what’s put in front of us. We’re bemoaning how bad Sheffield were, and they’re shocking!