Devils Vs Steelers - 3 Mar 19 - League

Diablo3

At this stage of the season I'll take us hammering anyone no matter how we do it or who it is. I thought we controlled the first two periods and the last was just a training session. We were never in danger. Also loved our No 70's kids on the ice stealing (no pun intended) the show from Ben Bowns. More of the same on Thursday would be lovely.

kingmo19.1

Was great to get the 2 points, but man, that was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring to watch!

Steelers, you were totally ABYSMAL!

Feel sorry for their fans, making the round trip to watch that total drivel.

Worst home game of the season for me.

Wannabe2

Funny old game, the worst Steelers team we have seen for years, Hammering the pretenders who think they are number one. When Besco is average they are average, we then show exactly how poor this Steelers team are. It’s all in our hands lads, you most certainly are the best now let’s show everyone why.
Happy Hockey Days

august04

Devils played well but Sheffield were absolutely dreadful. No characters, no fight and not much skill either. While I’m enjoying seeing them struggle, I hope we get back to the usual tough, high quality games with them next season.

Paul Sullivan

I know many on here aren't on twitter. So, with no trolling intended but simply because I can't believe this, something raised by Jay of the analysis team tonight has been confirmed by a Steeler to me:

This season:

28 wins
35 Players.

august04

To think they’ve had 35 players and still have a load of old dross on the roster is incredible. Some of those players shouldn’t be anywhere near a Steelers shirt. I was surprised by the lack of interaction between their coach and players too tonight. All seems a bit odd.

jimmy snels

I know many on here aren't on twitter. So, with no trolling intended but simply because I can't believe this, something raised by Jay of the analysis team tonight has been confirmed by a Steeler to me:

This season:

28 wins
35 Players.

that is quite unbelievable!!! great stat Paul. i wonder what the most ever by a team is, that must be close surely, at least at EIHL era.
perhaps they spend there budget on plane tickets and visa's this year, as its now not on the ice!

Wannabe2

To think they’ve had 35 players and still have a load of old dross on the roster is incredible. Some of those players shouldn’t be anywhere near a Steelers shirt. I was surprised by the lack of interaction between their coach and players too tonight. All seems a bit odd.
Barraso ain’t too bothered he won’t be here much longer, he has told Steelers he will be moving on, and to be honest it’s probably a good thing. Steelers really need someone who really wants to be there, and who cares.

Paul Sullivan

that is quite unbelievable!!! great stat Paul. i wonder what the most ever by a team is, that must be close surely, at least at EIHL era.
perhaps they spend there budget on plane tickets and visa's this year, as its now not on the ice!
Sadly, though without checking, I think our 2013/14 season (pre Calgary 4) might actually 'beat' that. But for a financially stable and successful organisation, it's staggering.

Diablo3

Just a thought here, while several people are saying the Steelers were awful, could that just be because we didn't let them have the puck much. The same team did destroy the Giants last night (Nice one Steelers) so they can't be that bad.

jimmy snels

you would think if they were arsed and we were out playing them badly they could try getting really stuck into us, mix it up, Armstrong run the net minder, get nasty.... but they looked like they couldnt be arsed. its happened to me at a few away games over the years and thats a shit feeling on your 4 hour drive home to think your 60 -100 pound trip was to watch a passionless bunch like them. we were our usual selves imo which is skilled and efficient

Slartibartfast

Despite winning most of our games there have been a few weaknesses in our team over the last couple of months. The last few weeks Lordo has put those things right and it culminated in a convincing win tonight.
Defensively we were much better in the Coventry game and tonight. The players are mutually supporting each other in our D which meant we came out with the puck many times.
The new fourth line is a great idea and are not just a checking line but scoring also.
Bowns has seemed a bit more aggressive in coming out to face the puck also.
All the lines seems well balanced and have good chemistry.
All these things coming together at the right time should hopefully ease our way to a threepeat.