Devils Vs Stars - League - 4th March 23 - 19:00 FO

Wannabe2

Myself I thought the game was pretty entertaining, back and forth 8 goals, a fight some good hits, some superb saves from both keepers, lacking in some areas but I thought it was pretty entertaining. And what a finish Dundee are far better than their standings show.

jimmy snels

I was bored shitless until the end of the third if im honest.

Our power play is woeful. The tone of Todd's "Dundee back to full strength" at one point told me enough. It wasn't just me. Coach and assistant change required, wholesale changes and a reset this off-season please.
I will call out names post season but my god some are taking it easy out there.

Last edited:

E.D.S.

Myself I thought the game was pretty entertaining, back and forth 8 goals, a fight some good hits, some superb saves from both keepers, lacking in some areas but I thought it was pretty entertaining. And what a finish Dundee are far better than their standings show.
Fair play Wannabe we all see the game differently. I tend to agree more with Jimmy Snels. I found it dull, lack lustre and as per usual the Brandt, Duggan and Davies line were the shining lights. Cox, Crandall, Brittain, Waller all anonymous for me and our defensive frailties continue. Bowns bailed us out so many times.

CaldicotDevil

Despite us being poor it was a great come back and we’re now 4 wins in 5.

Even though I didn’t think there was much in it, Bowns was laid out for 5 minutes. No reaction from the bench or the players. Just shows we’re a group of individuals and not a team.

Also strange thought both goalie should've MOM on 4-4 game.

Would love Dow or Barriga at the Devils next season. Both have impressed me every time I’ve seen them this year.

Slartibartfast

What a scrappy game. So many stray passes and players not knowing where each other were. It looked like these guys don't train together.
But it was an exciting third period and we got the win. Nice penalties by Crawford and Brittain.
But we shouldn't we struggling against Dundee.

Poor at times this evening, but a wins a win.

Strange to see a timeout within the first 12 mins of the game, with Brandt fighting straight after. We seemed to respond for 2mins after with a strong forecheck, which then fizzled out.

Impressed with their nettie this evening (Preece?) & Chad (still can't say his surname), looking composed at the back.

On another note, our PP whilst pretty on the eye in terms of puck retention, has no end product. Very frustrating at times.

Wannabe2

Poor at times this evening, but a wins a win.

Strange to see a timeout within the first 12 mins of the game, with Brandt fighting straight after. We seemed to respond for 2mins after with a strong forecheck, which then fizzled out.

Impressed with their nettie this evening (Preece?) & Chad (still can't say his surname), looking composed at the back.

On another note, our PP whilst pretty on the eye in terms of puck retention, has no end product. Very frustrating at times.
Brandt didn’t fight, it was Sam Duggan mate.

Diablo3

Loved the last 6 minutes of that game. Stars played well especially Preece. The other 60 minutes I was wondering where last weekends team was. Bowns stood on his head for us tonight to keep us in it. I suppose at this time of year 2 points is all that counts.

RedDevil17

One player for Dundee that impressed me with his overall play was Cole Fraser. Would take him here next season. As for the game, very poor performance but the 2 points is what matters - not that we deserved them.

Wannabe2

One player for Dundee that impressed me with his overall play was Cole Fraser. Would take him here next season. As for the game, very poor performance but the 2 points is what matters - not that we deserved them.
Would take him in a heartbeat, this lad would be a fans favourite in no time. Him and Brandt would be the perfect twosome for our gaff.

Kevin roog

Strange comment from Todd at the start of the season about all the players wanting DuPont back and how popular he is, they don’t seem to show they would go through a wall for the coach , they might get him the sack more like

Swarley

After going full tilt at flames I was expecting the same last night against stars and well... It just didn't seem to happen.

A timeout called during first period and Duggan taking the fight over someone else who actually knows how to fight just made no sense, if Lou is benched again today I can see us losing because they take full advantage any time he isn't playing.

Having a team that is 10th taking it all the way to a shoot out while "entertaining" it just shouldn't of happened it should of been put to bed at the end of the 2nd period.

Rose calling a boarding penalty on Brandt when it was was clear as day it wasn't just proves how bad of a decline the officiating is, I'm dreading next season because it'll be non contact hockey and you can't look at a player without being thrown into the box for 2 minutes for "looking at them the wrong way"

moggy#9

I didn't see the game last night, but just watched the Dupont interview. Firstly, every time I hear him speak, he sounds like he's having a panic attack. Secondly, all of the problems he points out like they're something new (bad passing, powerplay, shooting at the chest) are exactly what the team has been doing all season. He must know he's on borrowed time.