Devils Vs Stars - League - 4th March 23 - 19:00 FO

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Devils invite the Stars to the bay for their first game of the weekend. Stars are currently dead last in the table and will need to win this to keep any hope of a post-season alive. Devils need a win to keep with the pack, although Giants are starting to create quite a lead at the head of the table.

BostonBart22

Defo need 2 pts from this one as we got fife sunday and they will be up for it big time after the disappointing expected defeat in cc final., not a 9...3 game tbh as they gave a good account of themselves in the 2nd period .

Eynonz

Injury scare for Bowns after Eriksson collided with him.

Suprise none of our players throttled him for that, just let him nonchalantly skate back off to his bench.

tim78

Don't think we're getting back in this title race.

Wonder if finishing 4th gives a better shot for entering the finals, as Coventry look like they're close to securing 5th. Finishing 3rd puts us against the Storm at present which I see Nottingham ending in that spot. For me I don't see us making the weekend if that comes to fruition.

Happier to face Coventry than the Panthers.

Steveo86

Little Britain was nearest, he ain’t sticking up for no one
Brittan is the biggest fairy to ever walk the earth , absolutely embarrassing for a guttless human being.
Before anyone says “you wouldn’t say that to his face “ I would he stands more chance of boring me to death than actually fighting me

moggy#9

Don't think we're getting back in this title race.

Wonder if finishing 4th gives a better shot for entering the finals, as Coventry look like they're close to securing 5th. Finishing 3rd puts us against the Storm at present which I see Nottingham ending in that spot. For me I don't see us making the weekend if that comes to fruition.

Happier to face Coventry than the Panthers.
Frankly, if the necessary changes are to be made, it may be a good thing to miss the finals weekend. That removes any justification for keeping a significant proportion of the current team.

E.D.S.

Truly awful. Dupont has to go. I can almost hear his post game interview now... "we started slow, I thought our powerplay was good".
A completely disorganised team. How many versions of our first line did we see tonight? Coughler, Waller, Crandall all appeared on the first line at one point. A time out in the first period is a new one. Duggan taking a fight to get something going.... all in the first period. If a team aren't up for it in the first period then you have to look at the coaching. The powerplay was awful again and you teach kids in any sport that you are most vulnerable when you've just scored so you do the basics.... win the face off, clear the zone and keep the puck out of your zone. Nope. Not us.
Again Josh Batch was woeful. 6ft something guy over 100kgs loses out in a battle in the corner with 4ft something 65kg Sanche. Embarrassing.
Dupont has to go.

Last edited: