Devils Vs Stars - CC 1/4 Final - 15 Dec 21

Swarley

I have a feeling we will lose 0-5 and Haas will be the cause of it by running around and leveling our smaller guys.

Stars have definitely found a formula for us and we don't seem to have a counter act for it

ASHIPP

Will McNally be playing? Reading Todd's programme letter for last Sundays game, he seemed to suggest he wouldn't be playing in either of the Dundee games.

And wasn't it stated that Dixon was 1-2 weeks recovery? He will be a doubtful in that case.

Will McNally be playing? Reading Todd's programme letter for last Sundays game, he seemed to suggest he wouldn't be playing in either of the Dundee games.

And wasn't it stated that Dixon was 1-2 weeks recovery? He will be a doubtful in that case.
He should be, he was only given 2 games and those would have been the weekend games, does it matter if he was given a game or match penalty on the night, would that mean he would have to sit out 3 games?

It may be an exceptionally boring style of hockey from Dundee, but it's been exceptionally effective against the Devils. Which team has won the last two encounters?
I don't hold it against them - they have won them both as you have pointed out, two big wins for a team like the Stars. It just didn't make for an entertaining or exciting game on Sunday (I can't speak for the other game as I didn't get the webcast)

Hopefully after the first two games the Devils can implement a strategy which will work and see us through to the semis comfortably.

He should be, he was only given 2 games and those would have been the weekend games, does it matter if he was given a game or match penalty on the night, would that mean he would have to sit out 3 games?
He should be back as the suspension was for two games. Storm on Saturday, Stars on Sunday.

bb1

The only way I see us coming back here is if we have a game plan of using McNally accordingly.

Haas should be gunning for him tonight and regardless if he shows restraint he will flip his lid eventually.

If Skalde sends McNally out to play clean but throw hits and wind up we will get some PP chances. We have been no1 on the PP so we need to capitalise on everyone we get.

The way we are playing atm 5 on 5 I sadly don't see us overturning the deficit but special teams can pull this out of the bag.

Fingers crossed that the boys are really up for this.

The only way I see us coming back here is if we have a game plan of using McNally accordingly.

Haas should be gunning for him tonight and regardless if he shows restraint he will flip his lid eventually.

If Skalde sends McNally out to play clean but throw hits and wind up we will get some PP chances. We have been no1 on the PP so we need to capitalise on everyone we get.

The way we are playing atm 5 on 5 I sadly don't see us overturning the deficit but special teams can pull this out of the bag.

Fingers crossed that the boys are really up for this.
It’s a great game plan but Pacha will be telling his troops and especially Haas the same/opposite thing. We’ve got them beat 5 on 5 so stay out of the box.
I think if we score first or at least come out of 1st period we will advance to semi’s

bb1

It’s a great game plan but Pacha will be telling his troops and especially Haas the same/opposite thing. We’ve got them beat 5 on 5 so stay out of the box.
I think if we score first or at least come out of 1st period we will advance to semi’s
I agree he will be telling them to stay disciplined but guys like Haas always seem to eventually lose their cool. If he doesn't then fair play but I'd want everyone of our guys throwing the body tonight to draw a few penalties and knock the wind from their sails.

The_Stick_

Need to get in their heads early in this one. I don’t know if anyone noticed on the weekend, but I really liked Register in the warm ups. Got into Combs head, granted in the long run they came out on top, but I felt it set the tone.

august04 2.0

Need to get in their heads early in this one. I don’t know if anyone noticed on the weekend, but I really liked Register in the warm ups. Got into Combs head, granted in the long run they came out on top, but I felt it set the tone.
That really worked didn’t it! What tone did you think it set? We were shocking!

matbur

Think we're going to learn a lot of the team tonight - for better or for worse.

They have enough quality to turn it around, we just need to raise our game. Hope we see a positive response!!

I think we will see a good performance this evening from the boys. They will no doubt be frustrated about the last 2 results and will want to send a message. With this also bieng a quarter final they know themselves the costs of losing this game will have on the club.

On a seperate matter...... Does anyone know if children UNDER 16 need to have a Covid Pass or Negative LFT or can they just enter with a mask?!? From my understanding they only need a Pass etc if they are travelling abroad but I just wanted to check.

The_Stick_

Lines tonight as per the gamesheet:
Reid-Dupont-Cox
Sanford-Lammon-Crandall
Duggan-Dixon-McNally
- Davies-Waller

Richardson-Register
Mikkelson-McNulty
Batch-

Carruth with the start

Last edited:

Devil94

Great to see Dixon back, o'Connor must be injured. And I would have liked to have seen Kozun starting tonight, we seem to play better defensively when he's in net.

august04 2.0

I think we will see a good performance this evening from the boys. They will no doubt be frustrated about the last 2 results and will want to send a message. With this also bieng a quarter final they know themselves the costs of losing this game will have on the club.

On a seperate matter...... Does anyone know if children UNDER 16 need to have a Covid Pass or Negative LFT or can they just enter with a mask?!? From my understanding they only need a Pass etc if they are travelling abroad but I just wanted to check.
Nobody needs a covid pass or proof of negative lateral flow to get in IAW. Unless something has changed today which I haven’t seen!

august04 2.0

Reid-Dupont-Cox
Sanford-Lammon-Crandall
Duggan-Dixon-McNally
- Davies-Waller

Richardson-Register
Mikkelson-McNulty
Batch-

Carruth with the start
Looks like we've gone back to the drawing board on the lines, a complete change. Very interesting.

Reid-Dupont-Cox
Sanford-Lammon-Crandall
Duggan-Dixon-McNally
- Davies-Waller

Richardson-Register
Mikkelson-McNulty
Batch-

Carruth with the start
Bit of a shake up, be interesting to see if these lines spark something, Waller must be scratching his head (as am I) as to what he's done wrong