Devils vs Sheffield - 14/12 6pm FO - Chat/Updates

Russky said:
Iceraider said:
pretty balanced article by the Stir
I having now read the stir's article I now guess your above comment is ironic!
don't see why you'd think that, the only thing wrong was it says Latulippe fought Finnerty, not Talbot. Apart from that the Steelers come out much worse from that article than the Devils, so don't see how it's biased against us? Like Soundwave said if it is copied from the echo then that should mean it definitely isn;t biased against us ;)

Mooney#16

I stand corrected then. If there's video that shows what you say then he should be facing a ban also. If this happens Sheffield could have just blown the league wide open. That said can you de register a banned player and replace him with a new signing.

Finny

Pretty sure you can't with an import. There is nothing to stop you signing an additional brit (assuming it doesn't take you over the squad limit) - but I'm pretty sure if Lehman got suspended they wouldn't be able to bring in an additional import until his ban was finished.

They might be able to release another out skater though and sign a second import netminder.

Mooney#16 said:
I stand corrected then. If there's video that shows what you say then he should be facing a ban also. If this happens Sheffield could have just blown the league wide open. That said can you de register a banned player and replace him with a new signing.
De-registering a player only counts when said player is injured. I think they could release another import and bring in a new netminder but thats about it.

Ive been unable to log in to the forum for various reasons but have read both this forum and the steelers own too. Apologies if i go over anything already touched on, but almost 24 hours on, i still feel very strongly about last nights events!

Very rarely do i get as angry as i did at the game last night! Sharps actions were disgusting and he should and will get a very very lengthy ban for what he did. But who cares? Is that going to hurt the Steelers? No. The man is an idiot who doesn't contribute anything to the team. He has been signed to fight, simple as. Shame he can't do that either! Just to look at the guy he looks like a caveman dragging his knuckles along. I wonder if the muppet can actually string a sentence together?!

Now Lehman, this guy is another one i dislike and his attitude stinks! As a netminder, i wouldn't be a hockey fan if i said he is rubbish there too. Fact is, he is a very very good goalie who has been the difference between the teams in many a fixture between us. He has had a personal vendetta with Voth since ''Tait-gate'' and always looks for a sly dig. Now Brad did go in the crease to look for a reaction granted, but does Jody really think he can have a pop at Brad for much longer and get away with it. He is barely big enough to be allowed on the slides in the pool opposite the tent

Finnerty - chicken. Done.

Some of the rubbish on the steelers forum too is ridiculous. Finny, i don't know why you persist with them my friend. They seem to really have it in for you but when i read your posts on there, i dont see what you do wrong. They're trying to defend Lehman because the drinks bottle didnt reach the crowd - pathetic!

The fact that some of their fans felt threatened is unfortunate to hear. It doesn't belong in the sport and has no place down the bay. It does take 2 to tango though and i witnessed both Steelers and Devils supporters winding each other up at the time (admittedly not the car park incident though).

This rivalry has been brewing for a while now, something like this was going to happen sooner or later. I usually have commitments on a Saturday but i will be going to Sheffield on Jan 10th. If there ever was a time when out team needed us as supporters then that will be it and i urge as many of us as possible to head north and sing our hearts out for the boys!!!!

I apologise in advance if my opinions have offended anyone. I do feel better for getting it all of my chest though.

Max

Rempel16

Max Beerbarrell said:
Some of the rubbish on the steelers forum too is ridiculous. Finny, i don't know why you persist with them my friend. They seem to really have it in for you but when i read your posts on there, i dont see what you do wrong. They're trying to defend Lehman because the drinks bottle didnt reach the crowd - pathetic!
Agreed, i thought Finny posted an initially very objective view of events and got absolutely bombed because the squeelers look at the poster rather than the post.

Some of them really need to get their heads out of dave simms arse for long enough to realise that finny is talking a lot of sense.

Ryan Finnerty proved last night what a complete chicken he is. Took Talbot (a regular lightweight in echl, not a non-fighter as suggested) to fight Ryan's battle for him (while ryan sucked his dummy on the bench). Incidentally i offered ryan a dummy as he came off from the warm up but he didn't seem to hear me, (probably had his own specially made squeeler dummy).

Some muppet on steeltalk also defended ryan by suggesting that in those situations you grab the nearest guy. He failed to notice then that both jay and talbot had actually thought long enough to drop the lids first!!!!

I have to give big credit to maciver though. After Sharp threw the water bottle at him he had all the time in the world to run the bench and give sharp another licking but showed some class in letting Sharp look like a fool! Fair play, his face was smashed up pretty good!!!!

If Sharp and Jody don't get lengthy bans then it is seriously time to abscond from the league and form our own, with the other 8 teams leaving Sheffield out. (although if rumours that bob has done a runner are true then Shefield might not be around much longer anyway)

Max Beerbarrell said:
Ive been unable to log in to the forum for various reasons but have read both this forum and the steelers own too. Apologies if i go over anything already touched on, but almost 24 hours on, i still feel very strongly about last nights events!

Very rarely do i get as angry as i did at the game last night! Sharps actions were disgusting and he should and will get a very very lengthy ban for what he did. But who cares? Is that going to hurt the Steelers? No. The man is an idiot who doesn't contribute anything to the team. He has been signed to fight, simple as. Shame he can't do that either! Just to look at the guy he looks like a caveman dragging his knuckles along. I wonder if the muppet can actually string a sentence together?!

Now Lehman, this guy is another one i dislike and his attitude stinks! As a netminder, i wouldn't be a hockey fan if i said he is rubbish there too. Fact is, he is a very very good goalie who has been the difference between the teams in many a fixture between us. He has had a personal vendetta with Voth since ''Tait-gate'' and always looks for a sly dig. Now Brad did go in the crease to look for a reaction granted, but does Jody really think he can have a pop at Brad for much longer and get away with it. He is barely big enough to be allowed on the slides in the pool opposite the tent

Finnerty - chicken. Done.

The fact that some of their fans felt threatened is unfortunate to hear. It doesn't belong in the sport and has no place down the bay. It does take 2 to tango though and i witnessed both Steelers and Devils supporters winding each other up at the time (admittedly not the car park incident though).

This rivalry has been brewing for a while now, something like this was going to happen sooner or later. I usually have commitments on a Saturday but i will be going to Sheffield on Jan 10th. If there ever was a time when out team needed us as supporters then that will be it and i urge as many of us as possible to head north and sing our hearts out for the boys!!!!

I apologise in advance if my opinions have offended anyone. I do feel better for getting it all of my chest though.

Max

top post max, the fact that the water bottle did not reach the crowd is besides the point, if any fan was to throw an object onto the ice during play would expect some sort of punishment even if it doesn't reach the ice providing they are caught which i believe Jodie was (myrther devils video) its clear, the hand gestures i did not see but if true then is out of order, we all get caught up the heat but its down to the player to control his actions (something Sharpe seems to have trouble with :twisted: )

Mooney#16 said:
I agree wholeheartedly with what you say but its just not going to happen if the officials didn't see it and if there's no video he won't get banned. To that end i'm afraid the witch hunt won't serve a purpose other than to deflect attention.
if you watch the footage on you tube you can see lehman throwing the bottle at 3 mins 19 sec

maximo said:
Mooney#16 said:
if you watch the footage on you tube you can see lehman throwing the bottle at 3 mins 19 sec
aye but what also didnt help was the devils fans after by the away bench barriers shouting and swearing acting like football hooligans.. it took 3 security and 2 of us stweards to hold you back.. totally uncalled for!

august04

Jonas-Smith said:
maximo said:
Mooney#16 said:
aye but what also didnt help was the devils fans after by the away bench barriers shouting and swearing acting like football hooligans.. it took 3 security and 2 of us stweards to hold you back.. totally uncalled for!
Inevitable really given the antics of Lehman and co. Nothing new, the old block 7 in WNIR often used to let opposing teams have it verbally as they left the ice.

whoever was not wound up or disgraced by the steelers behaviour and that can moan about devils fans giving back what they got off the steelers in the first place. is not a true devils fan. sorry.

august04 said:
Inevitable really given the antics of Lehman and co. Nothing new, the old block 7 in WNIR often used to let opposing teams have it verbally as they left the ice.
verbally yes... but not physically like sundays lot.. trying to jump the barriers and throwing stuff the abuse and language was atrocious..

thedevil#666 said:
whoever was not wound up or disgraced by the steelers behaviour and that can moan about devils fans giving back what they got off the steelers in the first place. is not a true devils fan. sorry.
yes i agree with a few taunts and digs as any devils fan would but not the foul language and physical abuse they got on sunday.. this is a family sport afterall and that is no way to act around kids

Jonas-Smith said:
thedevil#666 said:
yes i agree with a few taunts and digs as any devils fan would but not the foul language and physical abuse they got on sunday.. this is a family sport afterall and that is no way to act around kids
who are you on about jonas?
sheffield or devils fans?

thedevil#666 said:
Devils fans mainly the small group congregated by the away bench at the end of the match trying to get over the barriers to get at the players.. throwing hand guestures.. empty glass or two and loads of foul language

august04

Jonas-Smith said:
thedevil#666 said:
Well I doubt there was physical abuse. I'm sure the police would have been called if any Steelers players had been physically assaulted as they came off the ice.

august04 said:
Jonas-Smith said:
thedevil#666 said:
Well I doubt there was physical abuse. I'm sure the police would have been called if any Steelers players had been physically assaulted as they came off the ice. There's been no mention of that in any Sheffield quotes today and you know what they're like - if that had happened it would be mentioned everywhere!!
maybe physical was the wrong way to describe it.. i dont mean physical assults... i mean the way the crowd acted.. hand guestures.. pushing and showing.. trying to get over the barriers and summit was thrown across.. an empty glass if i can remember correctly

Jonas-Smith said:
thedevil#666 said:
Devils fans mainly the small group congregated by the away bench at the end of the match trying to get over the barriers to get at the players.. throwing hand guestures.. empty glass or two and loads of foul language

yes i suppose they went abit far but as i said they was only giving back what they got. jody was lucky the bottle didnt reach the crowd, as that is clearly what he intended to do. he also did the W****R hand gesture whilst leaving the ice. the glasses you are on about are plastic cups as they do not give out glasses. 6 of one half a dozen of the other in my opinon. and yes get as many fans as possible up to sheffield on janurary the 10th. we need to support the boys as i know there will be about 3500 sheffield fans behind them. so we need our hundreds to be louder!

thedevil#666 said:
6 of one half a dozen of the other in my opinon.
Maybe so but deffo was a bit much.. any ways lets move on.. deffo up for a road trip to squeelers land.. would be great if we could get a few coachs to give the boys some support!

Jonas-Smith said:
thedevil#666 said:
6 of one half a dozen of the other in my opinon.
Maybe so but deffo was a bit much.. any ways lets move on.. deffo up for a road trip to squeelers land.. would be great if we could get a few coachs to give the boys some support!
could somebody send me details about ths coach trip as i and my girlfriend are definatly interested