Devils Vs Panthers - League - 2nd Dec 23 - FO 19:00

Jonesy83

How much time do you think they spend practicing that drop pass in training? It drives me nuts, DuPont might as well be back on the bench.

Wannabe2

Also Crawford needs to grow a pair. If you’re going to cheap shot after the whistle, have the balls to drop the gloves and back it up.
No chance of that, he’s just a cheap shot merchant with no backbone, he does it constantly and one day he is going to big time get floored. If you can’t walk the walk then don’t try to talk the talk.

Wannabe2

How much time do you think they spend practicing that drop pass in training? It drives me nuts, DuPont might as well be back on the bench.
Don’t that move just piss you off it’s like watching football being played backwards, so frustrating gain ground then go in reverse.

august04 2.0

I’m baffled by PR's interview. I thought we were pretty toothless tonight. Panthers played the perfect road game, good goaltending, solid defence and very quick on the break out. In contrast, our goaltending was not up to scratch, we looked all over the shop at times at the back and didn’t offer that much in attack. A poor night but no complaints. Panthers played well and deserved the win.

Diablo3

I was a little surprised by the PR interview. I thought we were too stationary waiting for pucks to come to us rather than going for them. Meant a lot of intercepts. When we did get some O zone time, the shots were mostly in to Stojanovic's chest from distance.

The Panthers are a good strong and fast bunch, but we need to beat this level of team if we want to win the league. I think we missed Cox and Barrow, it messed with the lines too much tonight. Overall, not a great night.

bb1

Possession wise for the 1st half of the game we dominated regardless of what the scoreline said.

Bowns had an off night and I have no idea why Wall didn't get a chance in net!

Our D have been pretty poor lately. Donaghey has had a recent slump in form lately but hopefully will be back to his best soon.

Rhymsha for me really needs to step it up. He's all over the place and frustratingly throws the odd hit then hides in his shell. Brittain roughed him up in Dundee wednesday. He seems to be a Jardine mk2. Signing him we thought we were getting a hard nosed D man who will do a bit of everything (as we did Jardine) and he does very little. I hate it when guys come here and don't give it their all. Guys like Hotham and Hendo were worth their weight in gold!

Our forwards have some great puck possession but are producing very little. All the shots from tight angles straight into the chest. Its about time we put bodies in front of net and get some of our D men hammering it from the blue line esp on the PP. We are far too predictable.

There was only 1 MOM for me tonight and that was Riley Brandt. 110% battle every shift and a beauty of a goal.

Yes we have played a lot of games but we didn't exactly show fatigue.

Rempel16

I think I watched a different game to everyone else last night. I thought the Panthers were excellent, they had a game plan and they executed it.

They have the right mix of speed and skill to be right up there this season, and with the determination following tragedy it wouldn’t surprise me if they win the league- add in that new d-man… despres… wow! He is the best player I’ve seen in a long time and he didn’t look like he was trying.

Their D overall is very solid, a great amount of experience with Neill and Caruso too. Stojanovic played well but I’ve never felt he’s unbeatable.

The Devils competed in my view, but that was a performance too far. The team needs a rest. My one gripe is Mosey as a forward, I don’t think he’s anywhere near as effective there. He influences the game far more as a d-man. Sanford and Martin pretty much passed amongst themselves on that line anyway so perhaps Chad would have been a good option as a power forward with them.

I’m not too disappointed. Tough day at the office. Move on.

Earnie

Panthers defence was excellent. They smothered almost every threat we offered.
Good game. Can’t win them all. Our schedule has been punishing and December is no better.

Slartibartfast

I think I watched a different game to everyone else last night. I thought the Panthers were excellent, they had a game plan and they executed it.

They have the right mix of speed and skill to be right up there this season, and with the determination following tragedy it wouldn’t surprise me if they win the league- add in that new d-man… despres… wow! He is the best player I’ve seen in a long time and he didn’t look like he was trying.

Their D overall is very solid, a great amount of experience with Neill and Caruso too. Stojanovic played well but I’ve never felt he’s unbeatable.

The Devils competed in my view, but that was a performance too far. The team needs a rest. My one gripe is Mosey as a forward, I don’t think he’s anywhere near as effective there. He influences the game far more as a d-man. Sanford and Martin pretty much passed amongst themselves on that line anyway so perhaps Chad would have been a good option as a power forward with them.

I’m not too disappointed. Tough day at the office. Move on.
I agree. Panthers played very well and so did we except for our finishing. We outshot them 46-26 but their defence was solid and so was their N/M. We had plenty of shots from the slot but they were either wide or saved. See the shot map below. Panthers D give you very little time to line up your shot. Their forwards are very fast and got behind our D many times so could take quality shots. Bowns who has been in excellent form did seem to have a bit of a leaky five hole but I can't say that this loss was down to Bowns.

Considering we had Cox and Barrow out and had played 14 games in 27 days I thought this was a good effort but just one of those nights where nothing went right. As Russell said. Thats hockey

Attachments

Mooney#16

Panthers have certainly got a team to get them back in the conversation this season. Bit disingenuous not to see them as a genuine threat. They showed some really dangerous speed and punished Devils for some poor defensive positioning break downs.

I would say that in that game Devils tactics worked against them. They like to attack as a 5 man unit so often re group in the D zone a lot but the break out wasn’t effective against a good trap. This compressed the ice. They should have stretched the ice with a high man in motion more. And they need to back their shots. Stojanovic is a big unit and takes the bottom and middle of net but his glove and blocker are questionable and Devils forwards should have asked more questions of them when opportunities arose instead of looking for the cross ice seam.

However Devils weren’t that bad in reality. I thought Panthers played a very good road game. Countered with speed, took chances well and closed things down. They will def be in the mix this season. Win games in hand they are top of the table. Been a while since a team brought that many away supporters as well. Up’s the ante atmosphere wise a little which was a throw back to previous times.

Our biggest issue is the D, we need the type of player like a Mikkelson, morrisonn, strachan really bad! Both of our older D are not vocal at all and i think it would do the younger D a world of good. I really do think it would be a game changer