Devils Vs Panthers - League - 2nd Dec 23 - FO 19:00

Jonesy83

Don’t really get what you mean?
The drop pass works pretty much every time and allows us to set up. Much prefer it to dump and chase.
It’s not the drop pass itself but the way they go about it player A skate over blue line, drops the puck back and play b is still by bowns. It also seems the only tactic, exactly like last season.
So what is it the coaching or the players?

Plus I’ve not notice any other team play those tactics half as much as we do.

Earnie

I watch a lot of NHL.
They all do it, especially on power plays. Where the trailer is positioned varies, not by the goalie but on the other hand not so far away either.

jenks33

I had a bad feeling about last night and that was before i heard Cox and Barrow were out. I just felt with all hockey + travel we’ve had to do recently I expected Nottingham to look a bit more enthusiastic than us. To be fair to our boys I think I’m right in saying we’ve played 10 games more than Nottingham (obviously for tragic reasons) but that’s a lot of hockey. Plus Panthers had 6 days off and we had that match up in Dundee. I’m not usually one for excuses but it’s just a fact we played a fresher team last night.

I thought PR was maybe a bit too positive about the overall performance but I didn’t disagree with much of his post match interview. I thought the effort was there and although Bowns has had a great season so far we didn’t really get a big save from him last night. You got the feeling Stojanovic would have saved a couple of those Nottingham goals if they were down the other end.

Last edited:

Ocko

It’s not the drop pass itself but the way they go about it player A skate over blue line, drops the puck back and play b is still by bowns. It also seems the only tactic, exactly like last season.

Then you much watch with your eyes closed. And in which case there is no hope.

Google zone entry coaching, or NHL zone entry. Pretty much every team has adopted it since *I think* the Redwings did about 7/8 years ago. It leaves the oppositions players stood like statues on the blue line while the attacking player, at speed, dances through them all.

As for DuPont; probably a bit of both him and the players but that wouldn’t be a hysterical enough idea to fit your logic.

Jonesy83

Then you much watch with your eyes closed. And in which case there is no hope.

Google zone entry coaching, or NHL zone entry. Pretty much every team has adopted it since *I think* the Redwings did about 7/8 years ago. It leaves the oppositions players stood like statues on the blue line while the attacking player, at speed, dances through them all.

As for DuPont; probably a bit of both him and the players but that wouldn’t be a hysterical enough idea to fit your logic.
Where’s the block button on this thing because guy is a Pri*k, first one I’ve had the mis fortune of interacting with in 6+ years of being on here.

Rempel16

Cheers, I get what you mean to an extent, but I think it works more often than not for us. Naturally there will be power plays where the penalty kill stifles that entry, but that’s similar to our penalty killers when they have a similarly good shift.

I can’t say what the stats are but by my eye the zone entry has been very consistent. Would love to see the stats of it.

Jonesy83

Cheers, I get what you mean to an extent, but I think it works more often than not for us. Naturally there will be power plays where the penalty kill stifles that entry, but that’s similar to our penalty killers when they have a similarly good shift.

I can’t say what the stats are but by my eye the zone entry has been very consistent. Would love to see the stats of it.
For me the way the drop pass is used over and over (3 / 4 times on the same PP, is just ineffective.

People on about googling the NHL, I’ve never seen the Dallas Stars (I watch most of their games) do drop pass after drop pass on the PP

We don’t even use it well, we drop pass half nearly half the ice at points and it just gives the other team, time to read our play.

Even tho we enter the zone, we are so badly set up because of the weak drop pass IMO

Rempel16

For me the way the drop pass is used over and over (3 / 4 times on the same PP, is just ineffective.

People on about googling the NHL, I’ve never seen the Dallas Stars (I watch most of their games) do drop pass after drop pass on the PP

We don’t even use it well, we drop pass half nearly half the ice at points and it just gives the other team, time to read our play.

Even tho we enter the zone, we are so badly set up because of the weak drop pass IMO
That’s fair enough.

I guess even if it’s not working we don’t have chance to practice anything different as we’re constantly playing games haha.