Devils Vs Panthers - League - 12th & 13th Feb 22

Wannabe2

Perhaps now would be a good time to throw out the request for funding of running costs - could even put it on twitter so that the dickheads who jump on here to find posts to mock could front up and fund their own enjoyment.
Great idea and I am with you 100%, this forum like Moggy has said is the glue that keeps us together. So now it’s about doing something and not just talking about it, We need to keep this thing going , as an old fart I wouldn’t know where to start but I would certainly help financially if some kind person can come up with a cool idea to help with the costs, then count me in let’s do this guys, as nobody should be out of pocket for our entertainment.

Samael

There is a donate link on the main inferno page (look on the left) which is linked to a PayPal for James. It's been there forever.

I'm curious what the actual annual cost is of this website to keep it advert free. Cost is one thing, time to maintain and moderate is probably more of a leech to the owners of the inferno.I dunno though l've never run a forum. For all l know it could cost £10 a year, it could cost £500. If its closer to the latter, that's crackers.

Last edited:

JT666

There is a donate link on the main inferno page (look on the left) which is linked to a PayPal for James. It's been there forever.

I'm curious what the actual annual cost is of this website to keep it advert free. Cost is one thing, time to maintain and moderate is probably more of a leech to the owners of the inferno.I dunno though l've never run a forum. For all l know it could cost £10 a year, it could cost £500. If its closer to the latter, that's crackers.
Well the cheapest subscription on XenForo (the platform used by The Inferno) is $720 a year, which equates to £532, so not far off (at least) with the latter!

https://xenforo.com/purchase/

JT666

On the topic of the game, I watched the Panthers in disbelief on Saturday night. Once they went down they were woeful. I actually felt sorry for their travelling fans as they were one of the worst visiting teams I’d seen for years. At the same time I knew we’d go up there and find some way to lose, it’s just not a place we seem to do well at very often against the Panthers. I guess if sport was predictable it wouldn’t be half as exciting!

Strike it off as a bad day in the office and move on.

Kevlar68

I've paid £150 a year that's for domain name, no web ads and build myself. they can vary depending on premiums, links, add ons, forums etc and that was a non profit, non donation website.

Last edited:

Samael

Well the cheapest subscription on XenForo (the platform used by The Inferno) is $720 a year, which equates to £532, so not far off (at least) with the latter!

https://xenforo.com/purchase/
I had no idea it was that expensive to have a forum! Xeno do the ign and force.net forums which are probably massive so they must be raking it in.

We take a lot for granted as Devils fans both in terms of the hard work that goes on behind the scenes with the club, the facilities and the recent success of the team these past few years. Then stuff like having an active forum which isn't covered in adverts and has occasional interaction from the owners and GM and isn't run by heavy handed moderation. It's no wonder fans from other clubs sneer at us, we are quite spoilt really.

James, if l make a donation to that PayPal link at the front of this website will it actually get to you or end up in some Nigerians bank account as I'm always suspicious of PayPal?

Chris

Administrator
I'll leave it to James to answer the donation queries, he's doing an awful lot more than myself to keep things going at the moment.

I don't think we have any real plans to stop it, occaisonally it comes up when the Twitter bear pit gets into full gear, but we've survived quite a lot over the years and the forum will still be here until Twitter or something else replaces everything.

It's a valuable resource for almost any viewpoint, and the moderation mostly sorts itself out, although it does help that we've only got one rule these days... Rule #7 :D

It's a shame we're not allowed to run Q&As anymore with current players, but maybe at some point i'll get my arse back into gear and try to do some with others, although Ales is doing a good job of covering most things these days :)