Devils vs Panthers - 14 Dec 19 - League

kingmo19.1

Unbelievable decline in the space of 6 months. He can't be injured otherwise he wouldn't regularly be playing.

Was Masi the healthy scratch last night? I know he didn't play, but not sure if he was injured.

voth26

Bit of a mixed game last night for sure, Dixon hit the bar with the first shot, we had plenty of the puck but it wouldn't go in then panthers score, a bit against the run of play for me if i'm honest. 2nd goal bownsy screened and a a low shot. Popes goal was well worked and finished perfectly really glad Pope had MOM, Haddad is Haddad although i thought he over played the puck sometimes, Batch had a really good game hit and finished his checks.My one gripe i really wish the refs and lino's would get out of the way, they can see where a play is coming down the boards but yet they still stand in in the bloody way??

Earnie

It wasn't a terrible game by Devils . To get back to 2-2 was great. As for the Panthers short handed overtime goal that was a bit of a disaster. Goes to show how important it was to win the face off. You don't often see a short handed overtime goal. Overall however I think Panthers deserved the extra point.

BostonBart22

Thread starter #25
Given the way he played last year, the decline in play of Linglet is staggering. He’s just not the same player and constantly giving the puck away. It sounds ridiculous but he would be my healthy scratch on current form.
He's doing this season what pope done last season...zilch

kettdevil1

Different folks and all that but I thought that was a high quality game between two teams who are bang in form and I enjoyed it. Shame to lose it in the way we did but overall, I thought far more positives than negatives and it is good to keep the points total ticking over.

We do need to find a way of getting past an aggressive forecheck, both the Panthers and the Giants have done this to us recently and we seem to struggle to break through it. We seem to get sucked back into our zone too much, rather than leaving an outlet free.

Other things from the game? I think Mark Matheson for Nottingham is one of the best D Men in the league, so calm and I have no idea why Sheffield did not want him. For the Devils, Pope's role in the second goal was key and he was solid all round. It is also good to see Joey Martin getting back to where he normally is....

Big game Wednesday.

Wannabe2

Panthers are a far better team than they were earlier in the season, they made a couple of changes and they have certainly worked out. I was happy to take a point last night, and on the night Panthers shaded it, enjoyed the game and went home not too desponden.

Imp

Was Masi the healthy scratch last night? I know he didn't play, but not sure if he was injured.
Suspect he was the healthy scratch. He was in uniform and on ice for the warm up, so guessing that it was simply the case that someone has to sit and it’s his turn.

CaldicotDevil

Suspect he was the healthy scratch. He was in uniform and on ice for the warm up, so guessing that it was simply the case that someone has to sit and it’s his turn.
I think thats 2 on the bounce he's sat. With reddick on 4th, Batch has taken Masi spot on the 3rd and TBH Batch is doing a better job. He's putting in checks but not taking the silly penalties that Masi seem to take. The pre season Masi was incredible to watch but he's gone a bit flat last couple of months. Maybe a break will resurge the pre season Masi.

When you've got an import d man playing forward over 3 import forwards is baffling. Reddick deserves his icetime, he's a gamer and cardiff through and through. I remember when deeds left us when we were playing in the tent, he told Adams we wasn't bringing much to the team and felt guilty for collecting his cheque. Not many players are that honest , 3 of our imports should look at what they are bringing to the team, and either shape up or ship out. They're in a comfort zone as devils don't release players , right now they are short changing us, I don't name names they know who they are. Beggars belief sointu is gone and they're still here, their are 9 clubs in this league who wouldn't have made that decision. We need to challenge these players to play or get tough with then , it's got to be a two way street, not one way as it is right now.

CaldicotDevil

When you've got an import d man playing forward over 3 import forwards is baffling. Reddick deserves his icetime, he's a gamer and cardiff through and through. I remember when deeds left us when we were playing in the tent, he told Adams we wasn't bringing much to the team and felt guilty for collecting his cheque. Not many players are that honest , 3 of our imports should look at what they are bringing to the team, and either shape up or ship out. They're in a comfort zone as devils don't release players , right now they are short changing us, I don't name names they know who they are. Beggars belief sointu is gone and they're still here, their are 9 clubs in this league who wouldn't have made that decision. We need to challenge these players to play or get tough with then , it's got to be a two way street, not one way as it is right now.
Who you got down as the 3 forwards? I've got Masi scratched and Mosey injured.

tim78

We have an older team in a league that's stepping up, Linglet will hit form again. Give him rest of the festive period, with duggan, batch and reddick more opportunity until the new year and I reckon a mid season break will bring player back inform for the final run.