Devils Vs Gothics - Pre-Season - 2nd Sep 23 (FO 19:00) & 3rd Sep 23 (FO 16:00)

E.D.S.

Night and day compared to last night but it wont do this team any harm to lose and realise the standards they need to hit two nights in a row. Key thing for me is that the intensity isn't there. Which means, it's in our gift to address this.
It's a warm up game. Nothing to worry about.

Agree with EDS best for this to happen now rather than mid season. PK needs work. To be fair to amiens they've done a great job of boxing out which is frustrating us. Good practice for us to find a solution to this tactic

Devils86

My first game this season this afternoon, couple random thoughts:

Off Ice:

It's a silly thing but I really like the new spotlights adding some colour to the arena during the intro. The new intro - plenty of people have called (and given good reasons for) the individual introductions to be done before the guys come out - not my preference but it still works. Shame the mascots don't get the same reception that they would previously get - but can't please everyone!

New intro video - always nice to see and this one seems ok - will need to see it again to remember any specific points. And I wouldn't change TKs intro at all.

The lights at start of 3rd period - nice touch a l'Angers. Not sure the music (whilst I like that track) is a good fit for coming out firing for a big period - but again, pre-season is about trying new things, I'm sure a better track can be found.

On Ice:

1-0 Deflection gave Booth no chance
2-0 Booth hung out to dry for a woeful PK (no movement at all)
3-0 good finish to be fair

Arniel took his goal nicely, Barrow impressing and Busch getting in front of net key to that win. PP shows promise but needs to get a touch slicker.

Thought Mosey had a good game, as did Donaghey. Definitely deserved to get the win after a very slow start.

ASHIPP

This team has so many new qualities that were missing from last season....aggression, togetherness, speed and winning mentality. Oh, and a coach who motivates, communicates and is fearless making changes to tactics. How completely refreshing. This is exciting.

Highlight of the game for me was a lovely reminder from Joey why he is , and always will be, THE GOAT. Period 2 pressing for a goal, he was covered and blocked by 3 Amiens players. Joey lauched a masterclass in stick skills, dragging and pushing the puck, skating in abrupt circles and decoying the opposition....a few moments of genius which was acknowledged by a huge round of applause.

I'm glad someone else has noticed Busch. He's far from flashy and is likely to not get the plaudits of some of his team mates this season...but he is providing on the PP something we really missed last season and that's a big screen in front of the goalie. Same with Barrow who I've been impressed with.

Was impressed with the D as a whole today, Amiens made it hard for us when we were in the offence zone but I do feel like we could fine tune getting into shooting lanes as a very high amount of shots blocked.

hip check

Completely agree.

I understand why Louis isn’t here anymore but I’m not sure Batch has the minerals to stamp much out unfortunately.
We haven't got the firepower (in the respect of intimidation or toughness) to properly combat a team that comes to ours and decides they're gonna play a hard intimidating game, getting our more skilled and smaller players into a confrontational physical battle will nullify our players threat imo, if teams start realising that's the way to combat our speed and skill more teams will use that tactic. I still believe a bit of toughness is necessary so our game winners can play their game, no doubt time will tell.

Earnie

We turned on the heat at the beginning of the third .This in itself implies that we were cruising in period one and two.
Played four, won four. I am happy with that.
Well done guys and PR