Devils Vs Gothics - Pre-Season - 2nd Sep 23 (FO 19:00) & 3rd Sep 23 (FO 16:00)

The Panthers should just not turn up for that game in protest for the Simms comment, you never know the management at Sheffield might wake up and sack the jerk

lloyd_jeff

Simms maybe lots of things, taking money for goods & services without providing them, that’s criminal. Not only that, l don’t care about other clubs idiots.

Wannabe2

Jeez, it’s hardly that bad is it ! I though by the reactions above he’d called someone a CNUT !
I’m with you, Jesus you would think he killed someone, Steelers and Panthers dislike each other intensely he is having his usual banter with Panthers, what’s the problem grow up take it on the chin and try to shove it where the sun don’t shine, it’s playground stuff get a grip.

Earnie

I don’t know the Panthers setup but presumably a French influence there.
It is a typical Simms wind up but I wouldn’t get over excited about it . Just cheap shots.

Gavevs88

This team has so many new qualities that were missing from last season....aggression, togetherness, speed and winning mentality. Oh, and a coach who motivates, communicates and is fearless making changes to tactics. How completely refreshing. This is exciting.

Highlight of the game for me was a lovely reminder from Joey why he is , and always will be, THE GOAT. Period 2 pressing for a goal, he was covered and blocked by 3 Amiens players. Joey lauched a masterclass in stick skills, dragging and pushing the puck, skating in abrupt circles and decoying the opposition....a few moments of genius which was acknowledged by a huge round of applause.
This was bloody pretty wasn't it, to think people doubted his ability when he came back again last season.

BostonBart22

If it has upset loads of fans, so be it, total wind up as prob not a sellout and statement like that will put bums on seats, few words to Nottingham , your players has one answer to this idiot, beat the crap out of the orange cones, and set the tone for the season , we all know nothing will be done to that numpty as the chairman of the lge is of course tied in with Sheffield as well Tony Smith..

Kevlar68

I think it's where he says "the panthers have turned French, another reason to dislike them". Think that's the ugggghh comment. What would he have said if Germans had some involvement with the panthers?

Last edited:

lloyd_jeff

There was plenty of anti French rhetoric being shouted by the Devils fans over the weekend. The U.K. and Europe have been having digs at each other for centuries, don’t mention Ze Germans……

ASHIPP

Each to their own. Personally I find it out of date and in poor taste. I don’t need to grow up and I don’t need to hear the c-word to have the intelligence and awareness to know it’s a crass comment to make.

I’d be ashamed if something like that came out of our club.
Simms has a history of putting his foot in it and has shown his lack of class every time.

Unfortunate for the Steelers to have someone like that hanging around the coat tails of the Team. No wonder Fox banned Simms from the dressing room and the bench, pre-game and during intervals.

Thought we had seen the last of him when he was told to tone it down on social media.

Devils86

It's amazing isn't it, we are able to have a conversation about another side without being accused of being obsessed...

Almost as if taking about genuine issues at sides across the EIHL is partly what this forum is for....

moggy#9

I think it's where he says "the panthers have turned French, another reason to dislike them". Think that's the ugggghh comment. What would he have said if Germans had some involvement with the panthers?
Yes, it is unpleasant, should not happen and should be dealt with. But then, so should the anti English jibes that sometimes come from some fans of the devils and some other teams.

Swarley

He'll say something one day and get punched in the face for it, the excuse of *he's just using dinosaur humor* is pathetic.

End of the day he's a grown ass adult.

lloyd_jeff

You can mock people from Steelers fan base but not French people. Is it Xenophobia, barely, because his motivation isn’t hatred, its poor outdated humour, that’s social unacceptable.

Last edited:

moggy#9

its meant to be banter, but ? all in all ? it just makes the Steelers look bad. not a good look for the club
No, not a good look in the wider community at all. The thing is though, I have a friend from outside the area who has lived in Yorkshire for 30+ years. From what he tells me, those sorts of attitudes would still land quite well with a certain element in the area - though I daresay that's not a problem unique to the Steelers. It's disappointing that that it's an audience that Simms feels it necessary to play to.

Ocko

Doesn’t bother me in the slightest what he says, it’s not particularly derogatory and I’ve heard far worse.

But why the Steelers want to wheel out a middle aged fat bloke, who isn’t even from Sheffield, as the face of their organisation is beyond me. He isn’t even from Sheffield so doesn’t even have the local appeal. I know he does a lot for the club, he might even be a nice bloke but on camera he just looks like a complete dick, surely they can do better.